Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Reach Out

Jump to newest

By *ife is fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Town

If anybody is struggling at this time or any stage over the Christmas season please just reach out and I am happy to have a chat. Don't be alone or afraid to reach out.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Very nice of ye

over a year ago

Fair play to you Op, very generous offer

By *ndqtMan
over a year ago

The Wild West

Fair play

over a year ago

Good on you OP this time of the year can be tough for some people

By *exesrangerMan
over a year ago

dingle killarney tralee

Yeah kudos on that one OP

over a year ago

Same here, just reach out

over a year ago

Christmas is often the hardest time of year for people struggling. Short days, expectation of being happy, etc

Fair play OP

By *ife is fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Town

Thanks all, it's important we look out for each other the best we can.

over a year ago

"If anybody is struggling at this time or any stage over the Christmas season please just reach out and I am happy to have a chat. Don't be alone or afraid to reach out. "

Fair play OP, very thoughtful post . Christmas can be a tough time on people

over a year ago

I'm struggling to keep going. I feel worthless being on my own at my age.

They says suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. How temporary?

over a year ago

"I'm struggling to keep going. I feel worthless being on my own at my age.

They says suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. How temporary?"

Nobody is worthless and been with someone doesn't make you worth anymore. You are a person. Been with someone is not the solution to everything, plenty of people in relationships feel lonely too.

Please reach out to friends or family and let them know how you feeling. Talk to your doctor but don't ever think you are worthless x

over a year ago

Thanks for the response. I'm quite open with my friends about my mental illness. I have a good network of support but after year and years of working on myself through various therapists and life style changes I feel worse than ever.

Lack of physical touch is so debilitating.

By *ilk_manMan
over a year ago

dublin

"I'm struggling to keep going. I feel worthless being on my own at my age.

They says suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. How temporary?"

Please find someone to talk to. Everyone fights their demons, some appear to do it better than others. Do not judge your life by the standards others outwardly show.

There is help available for all. The first step is having the conversation. Nobody in this world has a perfect life. You have much to offer. Please take care of yourself and have that conversation.

over a year ago

"Thanks for the response. I'm quite open with my friends about my mental illness. I have a good network of support but after year and years of working on myself through various therapists and life style changes I feel worse than ever.

Lack of physical touch is so debilitating. "

I think sometimes even with all the help it can just be exhausting to keep been positive but I try and look for the small daily wins, whether that's something made me laugh, I had a nice coffee, caught up with a friend, got a hug from a friend. And the lack of physical touch is a huge thing

Have you read the book Lost Connections by Johan Hari it's very good, we are social creations and need people, need affection, need love etc

By *B 4099Man
over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

"Thanks for the response. I'm quite open with my friends about my mental illness. I have a good network of support but after year and years of working on myself through various therapists and life style changes I feel worse than ever.

Lack of physical touch is so debilitating. "

go easy on yourself. You deserve to feel wanted and you are. Sometimes it takes time,but better to be alone than with the wrong person. Try to find little things that you enjoy. Doesn't have to be big, and never feel guilty for something that is out of your control. Main thing is be kind to yourself. The rest will come eventually. Look after yourself.

over a year ago

When is 'eventually'?

I'm sorry to repetitive but I started having the conversation in 2008. I am tired having to talk myself out of feeling bad. The drive to believe that I will feel better about things some day is fading.

By *nwrap4funMan
over a year ago

Ireland

"When is 'eventually'?

I'm sorry to repetitive but I started having the conversation in 2008. I am tired having to talk myself out of feeling bad. The drive to believe that I will feel better about things some day is fading.

"

Everyone has heard it or said it "suicide is never the answer" - without showing idolation, for some people, the pain they have can only be fixed with a final decision.

however, let's be honest here, think of the positives that you being people as an individual. It might not seem like you do, but perhaps, you are the awkward piece that is holding up the completion of the puzzle.

Without you, the other pieces would not be complete. You are the piece that joins them.

This time of the year is never easy. Indeed, no time is ever easy when you arrive at that place of no self worth.

It will pass though, you just need to do positive things to break the cycle.

I've been in the edge, I thought about it several times. I crossed it once and by fuck did it scare me. I pulled myself out the other side. You never completly fall apart. You will do ok and there is a way forward.

Try little things like going for a walk. Build positive distractions into your life, and if you or anyone feels like a chat, drop me a line.

I know I haven't got the answers but I also know, it's sometimes easier to talk with someone who doesn't know you

Post new Message to Thread