Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Starting makeup?

Jump to newest

By *inag101 OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Galway

Fellow trans girls, how difficult was it for you to do your makeup? What would be the must have for starting off? Have been practicing for awhile now but I'm not happy with it lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS
over a year ago

dudley

I find it easy nowadays but have been doing it about 12yrs or more I think it looks ok but don’t know how to vary it to a different look, I’ve had people do it for me but I end up not liking it and taking it off and doing it again myself,

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I started during lockdown and wasn't working so had loads of time to practice.

By *hannonTSTV/TS
over a year ago

cork suburbs

I would highly recommend to get your foundation matched in a shop like brown Thomas. The girls there will happily assist with that, YouTube is a good starting place for learning how to apply makeup and specific techniques for your type of eyes etc

By *inag101 OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Galway

"I would highly recommend to get your foundation matched in a shop like brown Thomas. The girls there will happily assist with that, YouTube is a good starting place for learning how to apply makeup and specific techniques for your type of eyes etc"

Sounds like a great idea! Never knew there was such a thing!

By *eth TVTV/TS
over a year ago

Mid Meath

It's a lot harder for TV's, Tina. Part because we start later in life than girls; part because we don't get to practice as much as girls, park because most make up guides are geared to women and women's face and skin (They are very different.) and part because some TV's see a look and try to emulate it only to be put off when it doesn't turn out as good.

Definitely go to get a make up match and that will be a help. Also, practice practice practice and don't be afraid to try things out. I have done plenty of make up for TV/TG girls before so if you need a few tips, PM me and I'll try help you out

By *ainted SlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Longford Town Area

"Fellow trans girls, how difficult was it for you to do your makeup? What would be the must have for starting off? Have been practicing for awhile now but I'm not happy with it lol "

Practice Practice Practice

By *olouWoman
over a year ago

Swords

If it makes you feel better I still can't do make up properly myself

I would so looove to know how to do fake eyelashes, have spent so much money for them to end up on my eyebrows or stuck to side of nose.

Tiktok have some great tutorials as well..... best of luck xxx

By *hannonTSTV/TS
over a year ago

cork suburbs

Hated false lashes at first. Applying the lash glue to your lashline like an eyeliner instead of applying it to the false lashes was a big game changer for me. The brand duo has glue with a little brush applicator that works much better than the usual wand ones that come with the lashes

By *vpamelaTV/TS
over a year ago

kinkville

Spoil yourself and take a trip to Dublin. There are professional dressing services for us folk that will show you you how to it. Susies dressing service is one that I can recommend.

over a year ago

YouTube is great for practice. Elf and makeup revolution wond break the bank to find your right shade makeup revolution do an online shade match with your pic. Practice makes perfect but most off all just have fun doing it.

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

"If it makes you feel better I still can't do make up properly myself

I would so looove to know how to do fake eyelashes, have spent so much money for them to end up on my eyebrows or stuck to side of nose.

Tiktok have some great tutorials as well..... best of luck xxx"

I'm with you there lou.....would love to have the patience to learn

over a year ago

I'm with you there lou.....would love to have the patience to learn "

Two words:

Magnetic lashes

Soooo easy. I could never get the hand of the glue ones but these are foolproof.

Apply the magnetic eyeliner and then attach the lash with the little magnets.

Bingo!

By *inag101 OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Galway

I'm with you there lou.....would love to have the patience to learn

Two words:

Magnetic lashes

Soooo easy. I could never get the hand of the glue ones but these are foolproof.

Apply the magnetic eyeliner and then attach the lash with the little magnets.

Bingo! "

Omg is this real? I dont know if you are messing or not

over a year ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnetic-Eyeliner-Reusable-Eyelash-Upgraded/dp/B0869BKVMV/ref=asc_df_B0869BKVMV/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=430917242832&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3719204257673919094&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20491&hvtargid=pla-922987069348&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=103051080867&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=430917242832&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3719204257673919094&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20491&hvtargid=pla-922987069348

By *ampire69Man
over a year ago

Birmingham West Midlands

you tube great information

Post new Message to Thread