over a year ago

somewhere

"I hope no nurses on here going on strike "

Why not

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

Unfortunately have been in out of hospital a lot this year . The nurses . Doctors and all staff have been unbelievable . They cannot do enough gor you . Working in conditions where they are really understaffed. Just brilliant

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

The reality of a so-called nurses' strike is that it won't actually be a strike at all, but will be a work to rule.

They are not irresponsible enough to put patients' at risk, and the NHSemployers are aware of this fact.

It is feigned brinkmanship if they are really serious then nurses need to walk out and jeopardise the lives of patients.

Nurses must realise from the start of their careers that their pro-social and pro-patient disposition is going to be abused by an increasingly cynical team of NHS executives.

If they want to earn a lot of money from nursing, then use the NHS to get training and experience and expertise, and work for private healthcare businesses.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Why?

By *ka ..Agent k ..Man
over a year ago

Meath, Louth border of Monaghan & Naughty,

why would that be is there a difference

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Actual nurses or roleplayers?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Lol role players

By *unlinguyMan
over a year ago

South Dublin

"Lol role players "

I know someone who would brake a picket line when i see one...TAG you're it.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

If nurses were paid properly they wouldn’t have to go on strike

over a year ago

"If nurses were paid properly they wouldn’t have to go on strike"

No shit?

By *lassy lady 216Woman
over a year ago

Craigavon

I just wish I could join them but unfortunately the private sector just gets ignored as always all healthcare workers where working for private companies or the NHS deserve the biggest pay rise of all who was it kept the country going during COVID work with it got it 3 times didn't see many bankers hoteliers etc sitting by people's beside holding people's hands as they were dying or having to watch them saying goodbye to there loved ones over video call

By *lassy lady 216Woman
over a year ago

Craigavon

Most people ran away from it they were happy to sit at home on there 80% all nurses care assistants ran towards it even nurses who were retired came back to help out and what thanks do they get

over a year ago

"Most people ran away from it they were happy to sit at home on there 80% all nurses care assistants ran towards it even nurses who were retired came back to help out and what thanks do they get "

A nice feeling of superiority?

over a year ago

"Most people ran away from it they were happy to sit at home on there 80% all nurses care assistants ran towards it even nurses who were retired came back to help out and what thanks do they get "

With all respect, many had no option but to stay at home. It wasn't a choice. And many more also worked through it...the agrifood sector and supermarket workers to name just two.

Perhaps lobby your union on industrial action if you feel your sector is being forgotten about

over a year ago

The private sector isn’t forgotten about, staff are under unionised and more exploited in the private sector in general. The only way to get better pay and conditions is to join a union and get radical. No one is gonna hand it up on a plate sadly

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Most people ran away from it they were happy to sit at home on there 80% all nurses care assistants ran towards it even nurses who were retired came back to help out and what thanks do they get

With all respect, many had no option but to stay at home. It wasn't a choice. And many more also worked through it...the agrifood sector and supermarket workers to name just two.

Perhaps lobby your union on industrial action if you feel your sector is being forgotten about

"

I agree with this. I was part of the supply chain providing goods and services to those who were responsible for carrying out maintenance in hospitals and care homes throughout lockdown.

They were classed as essential workers but we were not and were forced to stay at home. As a result many maintenance jobs were not completed, companies lost contracts, we lost that business and I lost my job as a knock-on.

Sitting at home was the last thing I wanted to be doing.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I found most people didn't want to be sitting at home at all durning the pandemic and many lost their jobs and businesses as well.

Yes I work in care as well I'm not a nurse I'm a carer but I was and am happy to have been in work and knowing my job was safe throughout the pandemic.And while yes it was horrible and tough at times and yes I caught covid due to working with people who had it,at no point at all did I think those sitting at home were lucky because I know a lot of them were worried sick about their jobs and how they were going to pay bills.

It also didn't make me feel as though I am better than anyone else who worked from home or did any other job. It's a job I choose to do so when the pandemic hit I carried on doing my job and plenty of people in the nursing profession and caring profession left as well because they didn't want to,so no not all worked through it at all. We are no more deserving or better than anyone else it's just a job we chose to do. And I despise this superiority complex some seem to have since covid hit.

As for the strikes I'm in a union they are on about us striking and working to rule but they aren't fighting for my pay to rise they are fighting for the NHS only and not for anyone in the private sector so I won't be striking and to be honest I probably wouldn't anyhow because I won't see the people I care for who cannot care for themselves and rely on us for their daily care go without.To even get a proper living wage as oppose to just over min wage would be great but I won't go on strike and cause those people I care for suffer for it.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

The current Conservative administration is going to treat the public sector very shabbily over the next 5-10 years in order to achieve their spending cuts objective.

Nurses and other health service employees are going to migrate to the private sector businesses in droves.

over a year ago

Nurses had to hit the streets and look for better wages for what they do before Covid , the Government wouldn't pay them but weren't long changing their tube when Covid came along , they are so hypocritical it's unreal ..what did they give the nurses at that time ..a round of applause..l personally hope they get what they want , they are overworked, understaffed and underpaid for what they do .

Post new Message to Thread