Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Hangover

Jump to newest

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

Do u wake up feeling a slight bit off or do u suffer desperately from drink?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman
over a year ago

South County Dublin

"Do u wake up feeling a slight bit off or do u suffer desperately from drink? "

It's like a vomiting bug for me, takes the better part of 24 hours to get over... hence I partake very rarely especially as it doesn't take more than 4 or 5 drinks to have that effect

By *ind PaddyMan
over a year ago

South County Dublin

I usually try to drink a glass of water with pint when out drinking, reduces the hangover. Only problem have to pee a lot

By *uy4luv2021Man
over a year ago

dublin

Pints of Guinness give me worst hangover . It's Jameson or GNT anytime for long night outs

over a year ago

Tipperary

I very rarely suffer majorly after a night out. I think if you’re a person who goes out a good bit, it affects you less.

By *an I Kiss youMan
over a year ago

Manchester City Centre

Never have them, no matter how much I drink

By *ildGroverMan
over a year ago

rathfarnham

Haven’t had one for years but then I binge a lot less in my old age

Still, the heavy nights don’t have much of an impact though I do try to drink plenty of water when I’m out

By *iggtommy2000Man
over a year ago

Gorey

Im pissed after 4 pints, maybe a few more if its a big night. Then feel like absolute crap the next day. Rarely go out tho and as said above, that definitely affects how bad a hangover you get.

Get fierce horny too

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I very rarely suffer majorly after a night out. I think if you’re a person who goes out a good bit, it affects you less."

Nope, suffered the same in my younger days when I was out more regularly. (Mrs/Saint_or_sinner)

By *allyWally19Woman
over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

I have THE WORST hangover today.

I'm usually fairly ok if I'm clever about what I drink, maybe a little seedy. But shots were had last night and I can hear colours now

By *ursecretmischiefCouple
over a year ago

The West

Depends on the volume consumed and the sleep got. If I spent the day drinking but was in bed by 11-12 I'd be fairly ok the next day.

Avoid lagers, cider and mixing drinks, Keep it to Guinness and whiskey.

The poor Mrs suffers terribly! But we rarely drink so its not really an issue!

By *penyoureyes2722Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

I'm absolutely dying today, feels like the worst one in years.

By *latinumBlondWoman
over a year ago

I seem to wake up fresh as a daisy with little sleep too lol! Tired through out the day though

By *amsevenMan
over a year ago

cork

If I drink beer I'll be absolutely dying

Cider and I'm more tired than sick

By *B 4099Man
over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

I'd be in an awful heap for 3-5 days. 1000% not worth it for me.

By *astelloWoman
over a year ago

Tír na nÓg

Completely dying today and yes it tells me that wine is the culprit....

Christmas party excesses...

By *exesrangerMan
over a year ago

city

Yeah I'm kinda regretting now myself. 3 nights of it is just too much. I'm just not able for it

over a year ago

Tipperary

Jesus some people dying. Wouldn’t be a morrig on me unless on was on it for days on a bounce . I have a good social life, maybe that’s the diff.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Jesus some people dying. Wouldn’t be a morrig on me unless on was on it for days on a bounce . I have a good social life, maybe that’s the diff. "

Do you have a good social life? I'm not sure. You've never mentioned it before...

And it's possible to have a social life that doesn't involve alcohol.

When I was younger and out out 3 nights a week every week, or every weekend at the very least, I'd be physically, violently sick til I had nothing left and then still be sick for several hours, & had a headache that felt like my skull was splitting in two.

It's a few years since I've had hangovers like that - I've learned to avoid certain drinks and shots that have an adverse effect.

These days I just tend to feel a bit woolly and tired

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

My social life used to consist of drinking 7 nights a week ...then marriage,kids,age all change everything

I cant remember the last time I had a hangover or felt sick in the morning but now my favorite social is either a meal out in a nice restaurant or hotel anyway ....or chatting to friends with a few beers....

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I'd only suffer when drinking spirits. As I'm not keen on them at all, it's easy to just stick with beer or wine.

over a year ago

Beer gives me major hangovers, found in the last few years if I stick to spirits I’ll be ok the next day. Electrolytes and a paracetamol before bed as a preventative measure too

over a year ago

Tipperary

"My social life used to consist of drinking 7 nights a week ...then marriage,kids,age all change everything

I cant remember the last time I had a hangover or felt sick in the morning but now my favorite social is either a meal out in a nice restaurant or hotel anyway ....or chatting to friends with a few beers...."

exavtly. When you have kids and or get married you can’t do what you use to do.

over a year ago

Physically I wake up fine. Raring to go again, but if I don't mentally I wake up with my head in a bin for few days.

So I've just been avoiding drinking of late and being the designated driver on my nights out now.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"My social life used to consist of drinking 7 nights a week ...then marriage,kids,age all change everything

I cant remember the last time I had a hangover or felt sick in the morning but now my favorite social is either a meal out in a nice restaurant or hotel anyway ....or chatting to friends with a few beers....exavtly. When you have kids and or get married you can’t do what you use to do."

Or you don't want to do it anyway....getting d*unk would be the last thing on my mind going out at night to be honest

I usually drive anyway so Heineken zero it is

over a year ago

Tipperary

I cant remember the last time I had a hangover or felt sick in the morning but now my favorite social is either a meal out in a nice restaurant or hotel anyway ....or chatting to friends with a few beers....exavtly. When you have kids and or get married you can’t do what you use to do.

Or you don't want to do it anyway....getting d*unk would be the last thing on my mind going out at night to be honest

I usually drive anyway so Heineken zero it is "

that 2. I enjoy partying to much to be designated driver on nights out.

over a year ago

I’ve been getting awful hangover the last two years. It’s actually made me drink less and less over time. I can barely have 3/4 pints without dying the next day haha. One thing that’s definitely gotten worse is hangover horn. I get that sooo bad. It’s quite a conundrum when you wake up with your head throbbing feeling like you’re going to puke and then suddenly wanting to have sex ?? Haha

By *ancy38Woman
over a year ago

galway

When I'm home early, lots of food and water before bed I don't really suffer from hangovers however I can't really remember a night like this for a very long time. I'm always the last to leave and have had alot to drink and its usually untill tge next morning. Its not a regular thing although it's been more than what my body allows and with that, I suffer bad for a cple of days.

Post new Message to Thread