Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Sti clinics

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm always posting links to the online service but you can still attend your local clinic for full testing. I use the online version twice a year which tests for the four main ones. But if you attend in person they will test for everything if you request it.

I attended Portlaoise recently and the midwives are just so kind and lovely. You'll be waiting on average three weeks for appointment and three weeks to get results. They will text you if clear and call you if there's any issues. You self swap vagina etc but they will swab your throat. They take bloods as well. It's a free private service and I personally think its something more people should be availing of. So this morning for example they texted me to say results were clear so I can use that to show future people I'm playing with.

This is the list of clinics.

Carlow

STI Clinic, Carlow District Hospital, Athy Road. Tel: 051 842 646: CLOSED

Clare

STI Clinic, Ennis General Hospital, HSE Ennis OPD, Westpoint Business Park, Kilrush Road, Ennis V95 D9KW, Co. Clare. Tel: 061 482 382. Email: theclinic@hse.ie

Cork

STI Clinic, South Infirmary Victoria University Hospital, Old Blackrock Road. Tel: 021 496 6844

STI Clinic, Youth Health Service, Penrose House, Penrose Quay, Cork City. Tel: 021-4937250

Donegal

GUM/ STI Clinic, Letterkenny General Hospital, Letterkenny. Tel: 074 912 3715

Dublin

GUIDE Clinic, St. James’s Hospital, James’s Street, Dublin 8. Tel: 01 416 2315/6. Booking available at http://www.guideclinic.ie

STI Clinic, Mater Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7. Tel: 01 803 2063. Booking information available at https://www.mater.ie/patients/sti/

Gay Men’s Health Service, Meath Primary Care Centre, Heytesbury Street, Dublin 8. Tel: 01 921 2730. Booking information is available at https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/5/sexhealth/gmhs/clinics

Galway

STI Clinic, Portiuncula Hospital, Ballinasloe. Tel: 090 964 8372 (ext 676)

University Hospital Galway, Newcastle Road. Tel: 091 525 200

Kerry

STI Clinic, University Hospital Kerry, Tralee. Tel: 021 496 6844

Laois

STI Clinic, Out patients Dept., Midland Regional Hospital, Block Rd., Portlaoise. Tel: 086 859 1273

Limerick

STI Clinic, University Hospital Limerick, Dooradoyle. Tel: 061 482 382. Email: theclinic@hse.ie

Louth

GUM Clinic, Louth County Hospital, Dublin Road, Dundalk. Tel: 086 824 1847

STI Clinic, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital Drogheda. Tel: 086 824 1847

Mayo

STI Clinic, Mayo General Hospital, Castlebar. Tel: 094 902 1733 (ext 3501)

Sligo

GUM Clinic, Sligo General Hospital, The Mall. Tel: 071 917 0473

Tipperary

STI Clinic, South Tipperary General Hospital, Clonmel. Tel: 051 842 646.: CLOSED

STI Clinic, University Hospital Nenagh. Tel: 061 482 382: Email: theclinic@hse.ie

Waterford

STI Clinic, University Hospital Waterford Dunmore Road. Tel: 051 842 646

Westmeath

STI Clinic, Midland Regional Hospital, Longford Road, Mullingar. Tel: 087 710 4152

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

https://sh24.ie/ you can order the free online kit here

By *otownkid1967Man
over a year ago

Portlaoise

Well done OP,

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Great info

over a year ago

That's handy they text. The gum clinic in sligo doesn't unless that has changed in the last few months, the nurses are lovely and friendly, just remember to ask yo have your throat swabbed

I've availed of the sh24 service, sent my kit of Sunday, got text today to say it's been received.

over a year ago

"That's handy they text. The gum clinic in sligo doesn't unless that has changed in the last few months, the nurses are lovely and friendly, just remember to ask yo have your throat swabbed

I've availed of the sh24 service, sent my kit of Sunday, got text today to say it's been received. "

Yes exactly they ask for your sexual history over the last three months and based on this decide which tests they will run. They will ask questions like have you had many partners in last 3 months,have you had unprotected sex, do you sleep with men and women ,have you slept with someone from abroad.They have no issues testing for everything if you request it.

By *rBakersMan
over a year ago

dublin/kildare/wicklow

Sent my sh24 off last week, it's a great service!!

Making it available to all is brilliant. Especially if people are embarrassed going or like in my case, hard to get the time.

over a year ago

"That's handy they text. The gum clinic in sligo doesn't unless that has changed in the last few months, the nurses are lovely and friendly, just remember to ask yo have your throat swabbed

I've availed of the sh24 service, sent my kit of Sunday, got text today to say it's been received.

Yes exactly they ask for your sexual history over the last three months and based on this decide which tests they will run. They will ask questions like have you had many partners in last 3 months,have you had unprotected sex, do you sleep with men and women ,have you slept with someone from abroad.They have no issues testing for everything if you request it. "

Its a great service and I don't see why anyone should be embarrassed about using it

over a year ago

I dip mine into a fishbowl for 5mins if garry the goldfish isn't belly up I'm good to go

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"I dip mine into a fishbowl for 5mins if garry the goldfish isn't belly up I'm good to go"

Lucky Gary losing his memory every 20 seconds

over a year ago

"I dip mine into a fishbowl for 5mins if garry the goldfish isn't belly up I'm good to go

Lucky Gary losing his memory every 20 seconds "

I'm sorry do you think sexual health is some joke?

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"I dip mine into a fishbowl for 5mins if garry the goldfish isn't belly up I'm good to go

Lucky Gary losing his memory every 20 seconds

I'm sorry do you think sexual health is some joke?"

Post new Message to Thread