Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

READ THE F$#KING PROFILE!!!!

Jump to newest

By *unsigntwo OP   Couple
over a year ago

athlone

Its astonishing the the questions people ask ,after their initial "love your profile" message ,which clearly shows that they haven't read the profile at all ! Most general questions like " is the fem bi,do either of you smoke or do you meet seperately" are all answered if they bothered to read the profile in the first place.

Anyone else irked by this?....is this laziness something others are having to deal with?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Nope it doesn't bother me if it's obvious they haven't read my profile I usually will just delete the message they send and forget about it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Nope it doesn't bother me if it's obvious they haven't read my profile I usually will just delete the message they send and forget about it. "

Pretty much this for me too. It used to bug me but life's too short to sweat the small stuff

over a year ago

I don't read profiles all the time. I prefer to find out about people by chatting

Oh and looking at their tits in the pics

over a year ago

athlone

"Nope it doesn't bother me if it's obvious they haven't read my profile I usually will just delete the message they send and forget about it. "

I can't delete.....i usually get a severe bout of "sarcasm" which i have to use

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Delete. Cant be bothered with that

By *astelloWoman
over a year ago

Tír na nÓg

Or their crotch photo.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

It used to happen all the time even with those who did read it and then messaged to tell me they knew I didn't believe a word of what I'd written so here was how it was going to go instead...

In a busy month now I might get 2 messages max so I don't get too bothered about just ignoring them completely if they can't be arsed making an effort.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

So do you like beards

over a year ago

athlone

"So do you like beards "

over a year ago

That and the people who expect you drop everything and go and meet someone who has said no more than hello

over a year ago

This really grinds my gears! I get loads of guys messaging asking if I want a bj, they’ve clearly just looked at the pics and not read the profile, especially the bit that say “not gay or bi so don’t waste your time”.

over a year ago

I just delete them, odd time I get a dick pic along oh great profile, I may reply you obviously didn't read it. One excuse I got oh I didn't mean to send pics, but it's a pic of me not just my dick.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

"Its astonishing the the questions people ask ,after their initial "love your profile" message ,which clearly shows that they haven't read the profile at all ! Most general questions like " is the fem bi,do either of you smoke or do you meet seperately" are all answered if they bothered to read the profile in the first place.

Anyone else irked by this?....is this laziness something others are having to deal with? "

I thought you guys didn’t do DRAMA

By *exesrangerMan
over a year ago

city

Some ppl just like to flick through the pages and look at the pictures and then some ppl can't read and then there's the lazy hoors that just refuse to read profiles and you know what ?? Guys are the worst at it. Most women read the profiles in my experience but guys... not so much. I find you can look at the pics till the cows come home but you'll never know the story unless you read profile. The profile is every bit as important as the pics imo

over a year ago

Some messages we receive can't spell so probably can't read either

over a year ago

Ah too be fair some are like a novel but we do read and respect people’s choices

S

over a year ago

"Some messages we receive can't spell so probably can't read either "

That's a unfair comment .. I'm dyslexic I try use spellcheck sometimes it works but my grammar is brutal .. and some are not from Ireland .. just giving you the heads up x

over a year ago

Sorry for killing the chat ..

over a year ago

"Sorry for killing the chat .. "

Fuck sake....48 hour timeout for you

over a year ago

"Sorry for killing the chat ..

Fuck sake....48 hour timeout for you"

Do I get a spanking ?

over a year ago

"Sorry for killing the chat ..

Fuck sake....48 hour timeout for you

Do I get a spanking ? "

No

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

I read it - what now?

over a year ago

athlone

"Its astonishing the the questions people ask ,after their initial "love your profile" message ,which clearly shows that they haven't read the profile at all ! Most general questions like " is the fem bi,do either of you smoke or do you meet seperately" are all answered if they bothered to read the profile in the first place.

Anyone else irked by this?....is this laziness something others are having to deal with?

I thought you guys didn’t do DRAMA"

Well done ....a valid comment AND you actually seem to have read our profile !!!

over a year ago

"I read it - what now? "

Sens penis pictures

over a year ago

"Some messages we receive can't spell so probably can't read either

That's a unfair comment .. I'm dyslexic I try use spellcheck sometimes it works but my grammar is brutal .. and some are not from Ireland .. just giving you the heads up x"

Whoops. apparently it affects 1 in ten people so we must be getting the 1 % messaging us so.

All joking aside I get your point

By *amsevenMan
over a year ago

cork

So... what's this thread about then?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/12/22 07:21:19]

over a year ago

That's a unfair comment .. I'm dyslexic I try use spellcheck sometimes it works but my grammar is brutal .. and some are not from Ireland .. just giving you the heads up x

Whoops. apparently it affects 1 in ten people so we must be getting the 1 % messaging us so.

"

I'd be more worried about maths than spelling there folks

By *affa31Woman
over a year ago

Galway

I'd be more worried about maths than spelling there folks"

over a year ago

athlone

[Removed by poster at 07/12/22 08:22:12]

over a year ago

athlone

"I read it - what now? "

If you've read it then " hello " is a good way of starting a conversation

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Nope it doesn't bother me if it's obvious they haven't read my profile I usually will just delete the message they send and forget about it.

I can't delete.....i usually get a severe bout of "sarcasm" which i have to use "

Sarcastic answers only rise the possibility of verbal abuse because it makes you sound up your arse and you're into a further round of messaging. If you've the time for that shite, then keep it up.

Use it as a selection filter and/or ignore/delete is a more elegant way of handling it.

over a year ago

I'd be more worried about maths than spelling there folks"

lol. You got me. And here's me getting a b in pass leaving cert maths .

over a year ago

Just simply delete the message.

If they can't take the time to read and know about us then no matter what they may look like they're not for us.

An easy filter with a personal note attached to their profile.

By *ollypop9Woman
over a year ago

wouldn't you like to know

Does " love your profile " not normally mostly mean that they wanked over the pictures and enjoyed it ?

Seems like that in a lot of cases.

But, same here, I just ignore.

over a year ago

Are ye free midweek?

over a year ago

"Does " love your profile " not normally mostly mean that they wanked over the pictures and enjoyed it ?

But, same here, I just ignore."

We would use that phrase, we do love some profiles because they are an interesting read, some great photos, creatively put together and obviously taken the time and thought about what they are interested in and give us inside into who and what they are about.

We may be interested in further conversation and see if there's a mutual interest. Sometimes it goes further other times it may not follow that we'd venture any further but simply a nice encouraging message to them.

By *eijaWoman
over a year ago

City Centre

It's actually my pet hate....that's what a bio is for...read it and respect my wishes not message me anyway!! Bombarding me with messages will really get you places...

Wish there were more filters...some day...

I just don't reply to these people simple!!

B x

By *he MickMan
over a year ago

southside

Just playing devils advocate here but is there similarities between

Have too many profiles to read thru so they just don't bother

And

Have too many messages to read so just delete and or don't bother to reply

Just saying ......

By *ancylaceloverTV/TS
over a year ago

Limerick

"This really grinds my gears! I get loads of guys messaging asking if I want a bj, they’ve clearly just looked at the pics and not read the profile, especially the bit that say “not gay or bi so don’t waste your time”."

Grind your gears really, you. Have your cock erect on public photos. And then get miffed if bi or gay men offer a BJ. You like the Catherine Tate character, me dear! gay!,, bi!,dear no dear ,just because a man showed his erect cock from all angles in a space with lots of bi and gay men. You think he might won't a BJ of them ,how very dare you

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Just playing devils advocate here but is there similarities between

Have too many profiles to read thru so they just don't bother

And

Have too many messages to read so just delete and or don't bother to reply

Just saying ......

"

One of the criticisms aimed at men are the copy and paste messages but yet couples often do exactly the same.

It's really obvious they haven't read a single word and the message they send has no relevance at all.

Half the time when you reply to point this out they don't even open the message.

The rest of the time they get uppity and say it's my loss/do I not know who they are?/I'm a dick.... Delete as appropriate

over a year ago

"This really grinds my gears! I get loads of guys messaging asking if I want a bj, they’ve clearly just looked at the pics and not read the profile, especially the bit that say “not gay or bi so don’t waste your time”.

Grind your gears really, you. Have your cock erect on public photos. And then get miffed if bi or gay men offer a BJ. You like the Catherine Tate character, me dear! gay!,, bi!,dear no dear ,just because a man showed his erect cock from all angles in a space with lots of bi and gay men. You think he might won't a BJ of them ,how very dare you "

Touché

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I read it - what now?

Sens penis pictures "

Ah, that's where I've been going wrong

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I read it - what now?

If you've read it then " hello " is a good way of starting a conversation "

Hello - darn, my copy and paste message has got lost, let me try and retrieve it

By *ollypop9Woman
over a year ago

wouldn't you like to know

"Does " love your profile " not normally mostly mean that they wanked over the pictures and enjoyed it ?

But, same here, I just ignore.

We would use that phrase, we do love some profiles because they are an interesting read, some great photos, creatively put together and obviously taken the time and thought about what they are interested in and give us inside into who and what they are about.

We may be interested in further conversation and see if there's a mutual interest. Sometimes it goes further other times it may not follow that we'd venture any further but simply a nice encouraging message to them."

When I said that it seems like that in a lot of cases, I meant obviously not everyone.

Those cases prove the point the OP talks about.

My sarcasm was not aimed at genuine replies who use the same wording.

over a year ago

athlone

"I read it - what now?

Hello - darn, my copy and paste message has got lost, let me try and retrieve it "

Now copy and paste ! .....thats a whole new conversation.

over a year ago

"I read it - what now?

Hello - darn, my copy and paste message has got lost, let me try and retrieve it

Now copy and paste ! .....thats a whole new conversation."

No its not... that's kinda the point

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I read it - what now?

Now copy and paste ! .....thats a whole new conversation.

No its not... that's kinda the point"

over a year ago

I do read any profile before I send a message, but then not a lot of people seem to.

People should understand that reading someone's profile, using their code word and such, does not guarantee they will even see your message let alone reply.

By *adhatter and coCouple
over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

We are in your area can we meet now ?

over a year ago

It's up to them really. If someone doesn't read and abide by what we're saying on our profile, they're just going to have their message deleted and be blocked anyway.

By *abcouple2022Couple
over a year ago

All around Mayo.

Delete and block, avoids having to delete the same message from the same profile a week or 2 later.

We treat copy and paste messages the same, which seem to be sent by couples strangely enough as single guys seem to get a bad wrap for this.

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

We've read your profile and you updated it recently

over a year ago

athlone

"We've read your profile and you updated it recently "

Did we ! .....I missed that