Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Coffee

Jump to newest

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

Inspired by a lounge thread , I wanted to know how people like their coffee on here . Whether they use a machine or not .

I love using the nespresso pods . Very handy . Some of them come across as pretentious but really delicious , others less so . I have No love for citrusy/acidic or bitter ones . Usually a double espresso in the morning , sometimes a cappuccino .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

I have a very much unloved Nespresso machine plus milk frothing accessory in my kitchen with €100 worth of pods

Used it 4 times.....can't taste any difference between any of the pods....all horrible and messy to clean up

Without a doubt one of the many stupid decisions I made in my life

Buy a lattle at least once a day in Applegreen or a costa ...love it

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don’t have a coffee machine at home, I do have a French press and an Italian espresso thingy but they’re rarely used. I’m not ashamed to say it but ‘petrol station’ coffee is my favourite, Applegreen, Topaz or Frank&Honest are all gorgeous

over a year ago

I haven't found a pod coffee I didn't hate.

At home it's a decent blend in a French press and black.

Out recently has mostly been a flat white

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Cheap and cheerful for me... Lidl's Arabic bean instant coffee, few flavoured drops of sweetener (Flavdrops, absolutely love the range of sweeteners available on my protein) and lots of milk.

Cheapskate, cheap date too

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Cheap and cheerful for me... Lidl's Arabic bean instant coffee, few flavoured drops of sweetener (Flavdrops, absolutely love the range of sweeteners available on my protein) and lots of milk.

Cheapskate, cheap date too "

Do you fancy meeting me for a coffee in McDonald's.....I have 2 cards filled in for 2 free cups of coffee

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

Moka pot, favourite cup and cloud picker beans that I grind myself

Would rather drink bleach than chain store coffees

over a year ago

Invested in a bean to cup machine a De longhi two years ago and haven't looked back since. Great taste can select brands of my choice and have saved the price of the machine twice over not doing the filling station coffee on the go

Most coffees on the roads are so over priced a mate of mine installs them and it costs the retailer 60 cent a cup.the.rest is.profit....when i heard that i was.like no brainer plus I ended up eating crap I Don't need with coffee when I purchase them...

Win win

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

I bought my own bean to cup machine during lockdown and haven’t looked back since. €30 for 1kg of beans and it’ll last a vet a month.

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

"I bought my own bean to cup machine during lockdown and haven’t looked back since. €30 for 1kg of beans and it’ll last a vet a month. "
posh coffee to go with your posh van

over a year ago

I like my coffee with a generous dollop of female company

over a year ago

Pass on the coffee for me..

By *an I Kiss youMan
over a year ago

Manchester City Centre

Black Americano with hazelnut syrup and a ridiculous amount of sugar.

Used to spend spend 20-30 quid a day at petrol stations just for freckin coffee, now I have a coffee machine where I live and it is amazing how much money was saved.

But to be honest, ever since I moved to Europe over 20 years ago, I never actually felt that any of that shike we have here is real coffee. Nothing beat my grandma's coffee. Arabic or Brazilian coffee beans freshly roasted and ground at home and left to simmer for 20 minutes on a slow burner. OMG, I my taste buds can still taste it.

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I bought my own bean to cup machine during lockdown and haven’t looked back since. €30 for 1kg of beans and it’ll last a vet a month. "

What's the vet got to do with it? Did you not pay your bills and are paying by coffee

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"Cheap and cheerful for me... Lidl's Arabic bean instant coffee, few flavoured drops of sweetener (Flavdrops, absolutely love the range of sweeteners available on my protein) and lots of milk.

Do you fancy meeting me for a coffee in McDonald's.....I have 2 cards filled in for 2 free cups of coffee "

You can have the McDonald's coffee, I'll bring the flask

By *ursecretmischiefCouple
over a year ago

The West

[Removed by poster at 06/12/22 14:48:58]

By *ursecretmischiefCouple
over a year ago

The West

By OursecretmischiefFind posts by Oursecretmischief Couple

just this minute!

West / Midlands

I like my coffee, black with no sweetners, I'm sweet enough! (I got off sugar just so I could say that, no seriously I did!!)

Any recommendations of blends to use in a French press?

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Do you fancy meeting me for a coffee in McDonald's.....I have 2 cards filled in for 2 free cups of coffee

You can have the McDonald's coffee, I'll bring the flask "

We'll have buy something .....do you fancy a donut

By *ardyboy54321Man
over a year ago

Fermanagh

I live on the stuff in my humble opinion the Costa coffee is by far the nicest coffee

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

No fancy machines for me; milk warmed in my 35 year old microwave (that was very expensive in the 80s) and add Arabica coffee.

Coffee is a bit like sex; it tastes much better when you haven't had any for a while!

And a new brand or a blend always tastes better too.

By *isnameismargaretMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Don't drink coffee

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

"I bought my own bean to cup machine during lockdown and haven’t looked back since. €30 for 1kg of beans and it’ll last a vet a month. posh coffee to go with your posh van "

No food or beverages in the posh van

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

"I bought my own bean to cup machine during lockdown and haven’t looked back since. €30 for 1kg of beans and it’ll last a vet a month.

What's the vet got to do with it? Did you not pay your bills and are paying by coffee"

That fecking hamster will be the ruin of me

By *olo1nowMan
over a year ago

Carlow

Cheapskate, cheap date too "

. ALDIs Alcafe ristretto 10 strenght, makes a fab Americano

over a year ago

Kenco red or Lor if im making it at home.

Insomnia cappuccino or McDonald's .

Definitely not Frank and Honest!!!

Thats shit!!

over a year ago

Black Insomnia: strongest coffee in the world. Cup of that black in th morning and you’re good to go

By *adger BrocMan
over a year ago

Co. Cork

Badger & Dodo, Blackwater Blend.

By *0tever100Man
over a year ago

Belfast

Instant,1 sugar and milk.

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

You can have the McDonald's coffee, I'll bring the flask

We'll have buy something .....do you fancy a donut "

Meeting the man famous for donuts couldn't possibly take place without a donut - I swear it has nothing to do with my sweet tooth

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I bought my own bean to cup machine during lockdown and haven’t looked back since. €30 for 1kg of beans and it’ll last a vet a month.

What's the vet got to do with it? Did you not pay your bills and are paying by coffee

That fecking hamster will be the ruin of me "

Hamster will cost you peanuts compared to some other living creatures

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Cheapskate, cheap date too . ALDIs Alcafe ristretto 10 strenght, makes a fab Americano "

I'll have to put that on the shopping list next time I stop off for their version of the Bounty

By *acob12369Man
over a year ago

URPANTS

cup of Kopi Luwak once a day.

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

DeLonghi bean to cup coffee machine at home and usually Lavazza Crema e Aroma beans from Discount Coffee Ireland. We've tried lots of others but always come back to this

By *lameBoyMan
over a year ago

Enfield & Dublin

Tablespoon of Nescafé Azera into a pint mug with 2/3 tablespoon of sugar is my kickstarter in the morning from home. Petrol station cappuccino for the most part and whatever I can find open in Dublin over the night shift.

By *eijaWoman
over a year ago

City Centre

God I love my Nepresso machine have it years!!

I like my coffee black, strong, smooth and one brown sugar

B x

By *onesome swingerMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Nescafe Gold, milk, no sugar. Milk in first, coffee, hot water.

Post new Message to Thread