Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Talk to the animals

Jump to newest

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

So do you talk to your pet when you're leaving the house...do you say goodbye see you later

When you're walking your dog do you chat as if they can understand or is it just me that thinks I'm Doctor Dolittle

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What kind of monster wouldn't say goodbye to their pet?

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

All the time what's worse i think the dog judges me for doing it

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I have more intelligent conversations with my dogs than with some humans.

over a year ago

I talk to my cats continually. I even sing made up songs to them with their names in them. And yep I say good night to each of them and pet each of them on the head before I go to bed. My first words most mornings is "Good morning girls!"

By * Waterford GentMan
over a year ago

waterford

I have great conversations with the cat all the time and always say goodbye to him when I’m leaving the house. The neighbors probably wonder who the mystery person is that I’m yapping to all the time

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Yep I talk to my dogs all the time and say goodbye to them when I go out somewhere I even say goodbye to the horses if they are by the fence when I'm leaving for work in the mornings.

over a year ago

I kiss my dog on the head and say see you later every time. She also gets a goodnight kiss

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I watched my neighbour talking to her cat the other day and thought she's really lost it and that's a bit sad.

I was telling my dogs about it and we laughed and laughed...

over a year ago

"All the time what's worse i think the dog judges me for doing it "

They're expert guilt-trippers, aren't they?

over a year ago

"I watched my neighbour talking to her cat the other day and thought she's really lost it and that's a bit sad.

I was telling my dogs about it and we laughed and laughed..."

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
over a year ago

ireland

Ofcourse I've told my dog things i haven't told another soul !

By * Waterford GentMan
over a year ago

waterford

"All the time what's worse i think the dog judges me for doing it

They're expert guilt-trippers, aren't they? "

My cat is the ultimate guilt tripper. He’s even mastered the art of frowning and on occasions I could swear he rolls his eyes at me

over a year ago

"All the time what's worse i think the dog judges me for doing it

They're expert guilt-trippers, aren't they?

My cat is the ultimate guilt tripper. He’s even mastered the art of frowning and on occasions I could swear he rolls his eyes at me "

Don't doubt it !!

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

Ok ....social idea....hotel thats pet friendly

By *exesrangerMan
over a year ago

city

I always talk to my dogs and cats and we often sit down around the table when I'm eating and have a good ole comhrá

By *mmmm300Woman
over a year ago

cork

"I watched my neighbour talking to her cat the other day and thought she's really lost it and that's a bit sad.

. Brilliant

By *ohng69Man
over a year ago

athenry

I'm always talking to my dog. I say goodbye to him every time I leave and tell him when I'll be back. I find it soothing chatting to him and watching his reactions.

over a year ago

Have 2 male and female ...the female needs to be told how brilliant she is when walking for her to carry on...other wise it's a stand off

The male like the chats

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

"Have 2 male and female ...the female needs to be told how brilliant she is when walking for her to carry on...other wise it's a stand off

The male like the chats"

Are you talking about fabbers or dogs

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"Ok ....social idea....hotel thats pet friendly "

Thats a terrible idea

It would need to be a non alcoholic social only and I've got a good few feckers lmao

Hotel dogging

I rekon it be mayhem but great crack

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

It would be like every other social. Rats up drainpipes and lads smuggling budgies.

over a year ago

I talk to all the animals i have.

And no, my doctor says im not mad!!

By * Waterford GentMan
over a year ago

waterford

Not sure this would work. Everyone would just be seeing who has the nicest cock….er spaniel

over a year ago

"Have 2 male and female ...the female needs to be told how brilliant she is when walking for her to carry on...other wise it's a stand off

The male like the chats

Are you talking about fabbers or dogs "

Dogs on this occasion lad

By *amsevenMan
over a year ago

cork

Been talking to animals all my life since I was raised on a farm. All ours cows had names. My best bud my golden retriever died a couple weeks ago. I can honestly say I spoke to him more than any humans since covid lockdown came into being.

By *B 4099Man
over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

Every day. Probably more than I do to most humans. And the feeling judged thing had me laughing, I know that feeling of the dog judging you. If you leave for longer than expected...cold shoulder. Such a great wee soul. Though the sitting at the dinner table watching everything I eat can be a bit off-putting

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

"Been talking to animals all my life since I was raised on a farm. All ours cows had names. My best bud my golden retriever died a couple weeks ago. I can honestly say I spoke to him more than any humans since covid lockdown came into being. "

Sorry to hear about your best friend dying ....its hard when they cross that Rainbow bridge

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irelands-oldest-dog-skippy-dies-27481524?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

By *amsevenMan
over a year ago

cork

"Been talking to animals all my life since I was raised on a farm. All ours cows had names. My best bud my golden retriever died a couple weeks ago. I can honestly say I spoke to him more than any humans since covid lockdown came into being.

Sorry to hear about your best friend dying ....its hard when they cross that Rainbow bridge "

Cheers BM. It certainly isnt easy.

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

"Been talking to animals all my life since I was raised on a farm. All ours cows had names. My best bud my golden retriever died a couple weeks ago. I can honestly say I spoke to him more than any humans since covid lockdown came into being. "

Awwww that's sad xx

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"Been talking to animals all my life since I was raised on a farm. All ours cows had names. My best bud my golden retriever died a couple weeks ago. I can honestly say I spoke to him more than any humans since covid lockdown came into being.

Sorry to hear about your best friend dying ....its hard when they cross that Rainbow bridge

Cheers BM. It certainly isnt easy."

Nope , it isn't. I tend to try and hold on to the fact ... you gave him a great life and so many dogs just don't get that chance,, so its a honor see them through it .

By *ombikerMan
over a year ago

the right side of the river

The woman next door talks to her cats.

I told my dog and we both laughed

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

"I talk to my cats continually. I even sing made up songs to them with their names in them. And yep I say good night to each of them and pet each of them on the head before I go to bed. My first words most mornings is "Good morning girls!""

Thought thats what you were doing in your profile picture

over a year ago

A few years ago a family friend passed away a few seconds aft he passed his cattle let out his roar it was so weird I never heard of anything like it before,

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

So sorry to hear that

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

I hope you realize that's them discussing payback for how you talk about them behind their back

over a year ago

"I talk to my cats continually. I even sing made up songs to them with their names in them. And yep I say good night to each of them and pet each of them on the head before I go to bed. My first words most mornings is "Good morning girls!"

Thought thats what you were doing in your profile picture "

By *umon337Man
over a year ago

Offaly

By *umon337Man
over a year ago

Offaly

I prefer talking to my dogs than to most humans, I get more intelligent responses from my dogs.

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

By the way, I do talk to my dog. If I didn't, he wouldn't shut up

By *adger BrocMan
over a year ago

Co. Cork

I'm always telling Roudolph not to stand so close behind me when I'm squeezing down a chimney....in case his red nose becomes a brown one.

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

My dog is deaf (from birth) and I talk to him all the time

By *uckypuppy007Woman
over a year ago

dublin

bog you are talking my language

over a year ago

"My dog is deaf (from birth) and I talk to him all the time"

Aww that's lovely

over a year ago

I always talk to my dogs, sometumes it can be more insightful than speaking to some people

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

"Ok ....social idea....hotel thats pet friendly

bog you are talking my language "

You're not allowed climb on the furniture

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"I'm always telling Roudolph not to stand so close behind me when I'm squeezing down a chimney....in case his red nose becomes a brown one."

Let's get Santa some toilet paper for Christmas

over a year ago

I told my dog before that if Ieave him outside just bark once and I'll let you in and guess what he barks once to get in

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

Just opened the dogs cupboard to get out his food

My daughter said..don't let him see his Christmas P.R.E.S.E.N.T spelt out so he wouldn't understand

over a year ago

"Just opened the dogs cupboard to get out his food

My daughter said..don't let him see his Christmas P.R.E.S.E.N.T spelt out so he wouldn't understand "

hahaha!!!

my kitten comes to the door whenever anyone comes in so of course she gets a hello!

everyone talks to their pets

over a year ago

My cats figured out that that if they meow incessantly they will get more food / dreamies … so I have 2 cats meowing all the time .

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I'm always telling Roudolph not to stand so close behind me when I'm squeezing down a chimney....in case his red nose becomes a brown one.

Let's get Santa some toilet paper for Christmas "

Preferably wet wipes

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

"I told my dog before that if Ieave him outside just bark once and I'll let you in and guess what he barks once to get in "

Yep, they all just bark the once to be let back in. Get the message out while conserving energy

Funnily enough they never bark to be let out, they just stand looking at the door with tail wagging, I never understood their logic

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I've 5 kids and a load of pets. I haven't time to talk to all of them as I leave the house lol

1 dog

2 cats

2 guinea pigs

1 snake

1 tortoise

over a year ago

"So do you talk to your pet when you're leaving the house...do you say goodbye see you later

When you're walking your dog do you chat as if they can understand or is it just me that thinks I'm Doctor Dolittle "

There once was a guy who decided he would go off into the wild and live just with his mule, after his time was up he returned , after a few weeks his friend said to him " how did you get on ? "...he replied .." the more I see of my fellow man the more l appreciate my mule " ...if only all humans had the nature of animals then the world would be a better place but unfortunately they don't , there is absolutely nothing wrong with a person talking to their pet , after all a pet is a person's soulmate for their lifetime.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

One species of animal that has been exceptionally well adapted to humans for tens of thousands of years is the goat.

Highly intelligent, very well adapted to different terrains and really enjoy human company and vice versa. There are dozens of different breeds.

They are probably my personal choice after dogs of course.

Cats are too independent for me; can't bond with them at all.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"One species of animal that has been exceptionally well adapted to humans for tens of thousands of years is the goat.

Highly intelligent, very well adapted to different terrains and really enjoy human company and vice versa. There are dozens of different breeds.

They are probably my personal choice after dogs of course.

Cats are too independent for me; can't bond with them at all."

Fecking cats

Ah no ... there great too ..

Post new Message to Thread