By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Are you hoping to gatecrash?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

Not having a Christmas party but I’ll do something in the new year instead.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

?? maybe might be more exciting than my work party.

By *ndieHeavyCummerMan
over a year ago

Dun Laoghaire/ London

Mine is tomorrow, would be looking people near me on fab lok

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Are you looking to gatecrash the party or just one of the attendees?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

No having my work party on Friday night seeing what fabbers are out in Dublin

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Mine is tomorrow.

"

Have a great time ..live it to the last

By *elfast_man100Man
over a year ago

Belfast

Christmas party in Dublin. Friday 9th

By *ibbw2022Woman
over a year ago

Co.Kildare

Yeah Friday night

over a year ago

Thankfully, my current workplace doesn't do them.

By *exesrangerMan
over a year ago

area

Yeap Friday night also

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

I have been to many Xmas parties over the years and my opinion now is that, in the main, they are best avoided.

Indiscreet comments are often made when too much drink has been taken, and people make total fools of themselves.

Work colleagues are people that you work with; the party crosses a boundary.

Each business has its own culture, but I would politely excuse myself in the vast majority of instances.

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

That's where we told the kids we were going anyway

By *unsigntwoCouple
over a year ago

athlone

We are not having a party this yr haven't had one in 4yrs don't miss them at all

By *exesrangerMan
over a year ago

area

"I have been to many Xmas parties over the years and my opinion now is that, in the main, they are best avoided.

Indiscreet comments are often made when too much drink has been taken, and people make total fools of themselves.

Each business has its own culture, but I would politely excuse myself in the vast majority of instances. "

I get ya I get ya but you know what I enjoy blowing off with my work colleagues after a very hard year that has come to a very wet end. In for the bitta craic and I'm sure someone can hold my tongue if were to get a little too excited shall we say hmmmmm?

By *ol_ieMan
over a year ago

Dublin west

Stopped them a few years ago after one of the employees fell down d*unk on the way home from the party and took the company to court for damages and won, as it was classed as a company event and the company at fault for supplying the alcohol.

So no more work night outs ever since.

By *elfastDMan
over a year ago

belfast

I was hoping ours may have started up again this year but no sign of it yet

over a year ago

Saturday night, party night in a local hotel with loads of other work places, always a bit of craic. Nearly 80 from my work place heading so it should be fun. We have a load of rooms booked so will definitely be a late one.

over a year ago

"Thankfully, my current workplace doesn't do them."

You say it like you're relieved they don't ? I fully agree with you they are for some and not for others.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Don't have one where I work now but in two previous jobs it was very rare that I didn't end up having to get between staff beating the heads off each other or taking half them home afterwards so I don't miss them at all.

If I hadn't been the manager I wouldn't have been at any of them.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin

I love Xmas dos, give the ladies in the office the opportunity to tell me how much they fancy me

Plus mediocre food and plenty of drink on the company card

over a year ago

"Thankfully, my current workplace doesn't do them.

You say it like you're relieved they don't ? I fully agree with you they are for some and not for others. "

I like my colleagues in the main, but I already spend enough of my time with them. My free time is my own

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Nope my place doesn't do any work parties.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Had a meal out with a few former work colleagues recently. Much more civilised and good craic with nobody pissed or fighting.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I've witnessed too many company Christmas parties, they're all horrific. Laid out as an attack on your senses by throwing everything in surplus at the employees and their families for two hours plus.

The bigger the company the worse it gets.

By *anillabelliniCouple
over a year ago

limerick

I think christmas parties are nothing more than an excuse to become gluttons at the expense of the company, like others have said I've seen too many where drinking to excess, fighting or colleagues heading off for a sneaky shag are the norm. If you don't drink there's peer pressure to do so and snide comments why you're not, likewise if you decide not to go at all it can be frowned upon as ungratefulness by management. In this day and age I think a lot of employees would prefer a voucher to the value of the night out. If a few close work friends decide to do their own thing then fair enough

over a year ago

I'm dreading mine me and four guys who I don't really know as I'm new. Now if that was Fab ratio me and 4 men I'd be delighted

over a year ago

Any time our company has had a private Christmas party ie just our company, it’s been a great night with no trouble or messing whereas on the few occasions we’ve done multiple company parties it’s been chaos and mostly comes from the office workers rather than tradesmen like us

over a year ago

"Any time our company has had a private Christmas party ie just our company, it’s been a great night with no trouble or messing whereas on the few occasions we’ve done multiple company parties it’s been chaos and mostly comes from the office workers rather than tradesmen like us "

I was at a work party for a Newspaper I worked for back in the 00s. I've been to many a Christmas party with tradesmen never any trouble. All the staff were a hot mess at it and one quite soul in accounts was in such a state she got arrested. Put me off Christmas parties for life!

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Since I was the boss I used to go to do my duty

Turn up,eat dinner,say hello to everyone including partners,pay the bar tab by credit card....leave ....job done

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

In the past, decades ago, I was at a Christmas party that turned into a fight, when a guy who had been invited as a friend of an employee got d*unk and then began making remarks, of an inappropriate nature to one of the secretaries.

When a manager told him to back off, an attempt was made to assault him in the toilets. A nightmare party

The group CEO organised more formal events after that, but the internal tensions were exacerbated at those events: like trying to polish a turd!

over a year ago

Always a drama at them and someone is the talk of the office the following week. Not worth it in my opinion. Tend to keep my workmates at arms length. Have a very good relationship with all of them but when I clock I switch off from work and colleague’s. Just my opinion. In saying that I hope anyone who is having a party enjoys it

over a year ago

Generally with a dislike for each other boils over at them or sexual tensions some to a head. Neither are good unless your single for the second one

over a year ago

Have mine tonight, dreading it, I've been WFH the past two years and have quiet enjoyed not seeing anyone

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Whilst many managers and owners try to raise the esprit de corps (spirit of togetherness) within a business or organisation by organising a social event such as a Christmas party for all employees, plus one, this in many instances is misguided.

People work for an income, principally; generally they have little in common with other employees!

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I've never been to a Christmas party that was organised by the company.

They have all without fail been arranged by staff and in most cases the MD would attend and pay for the meal.

A few times I was the most senior manager there when everyone paid for their own meal and I was responsible for throwing a couple of hundred quid behind the bar. Not out of my own pocket though.

As I said above there was always at least one fight among the warehouse staff or drivers but the biggest issues were always caused by office staff for inappropriate behaviour and someone from another company called the cops.

over a year ago

Only been to ones organised by the staff, but usually a bit of a laugh.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

The secret to a successful Christmas party is to be very selective about the group who attend; if there are colleagues whom you do get along with, then very quietly arrange something amongst that small group, and avoid the plus one scenario; book a quiet venue, and this can be an excellent opportunity to discuss issues about work and other issues.

You may be surprised at the useful information that emerges from within this esoteric group.

A pre-booked taxi cuts the risk of a dd charge.

over a year ago

"I have been to many Xmas parties over the years and my opinion now is that, in the main, they are best avoided.

Each business has its own culture, but I would politely excuse myself in the vast majority of instances. "

100percent agree with you. At a work part a few years back 2016, I've since left the company. A guy turned up instead of going yo work (two different shifts, so separate nites out) he got fucking hammered, pushed a few people, threatened to do someone in, pushed a bar girl tried to grap the female security guard,(she put him in his place) got kicked out, was outside shouting the the company had fucked him over. Yeah he got promoted less than a year later. And he a direct superior to three of the staff he pushed. Company would listen to the concerns of those lads and he made smart ass comments re their work and I went and spoke to HR about it , they said not your concern, so I resigned on the spot

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Some of them can be good craic and run smoothly ....some romances start that lead to weddings ( 3 in my company ) so not all doom and gloom

Find the younger ones at it are the ones that go a bit mad but sure most of us did at that age

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman
over a year ago

in the waves

Had an excellent time at mine last night, haven't danced or laughed that much in years. There's nothing wrong with liking your colleagues and blowing off some steam after a stressful year.

I must be lucky because I work with a generally good bunch of people, there's never any carry on at work functions. And the people who don't want to come just don't attend.

My feet are really sore,but that's my only complaint!

By *on Draper2.0Man
over a year ago

Maynooth

Yep, headed to killarney for one.

By *ORETHANUSCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"That's where we told the kids we were going anyway "

Excellent, must that

By *exesrangerMan
over a year ago

area

[Removed by poster at 02/12/22 21:32:09]

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

lunchtime in a restaurant with some of my favourite fabbers booked as a Christmas party lunch last year was lovely....you dont have to have work colleagues at your office party

over a year ago

No Christmas party for me HSE are mean fuckers

By *ancy38Woman
over a year ago

galway

None for me either

over a year ago

"None for me either "

Nancy we will do our Christmas party lol

By *ancy38Woman
over a year ago

galway

"None for me either

Nancy we will do our Christmas party lol "

Yes, sounds good

By *exesrangerMan
over a year ago

area

"lunchtime in a restaurant with some of my favourite fabbers booked as a Christmas party lunch last year was lovely....you dont have to have work colleagues at your office party "

Here bog.... what's going on ??? I never got the call ???

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"lunchtime in a restaurant with some of my favourite fabbers booked as a Christmas party lunch last year was lovely....you dont have to have work colleagues at your office party

Here bog.... what's going on ??? I never got the call ??? "

Sure you're never in Kildare

By *weetjam20Man
over a year ago

athlone

Anyone in athlone this Saturday??

Post new Message to Thread