Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Crazy hotel prices grumble grumble

Jump to newest

By *estcorkcouple OP   Couple
over a year ago

clonakilty

We live out in the sticks in West cork and really need to blow the cobwebs off every now and then in the city. We like to have a bit of a boogie and part take in other pleasurable activities that the city has to offer

We do however have to rest our weary heads at some stage of the night/morning but have found hotel prices to have gone absolutely crazy !

We were just wondering if anyone else has found a solution for this problem ?

Airbnb is the same if not worse ...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Unfortunately it's a joke at the moment. The hotels are price gouging due to partly the use if hotels for emergency accommodation for people. I've used a hotel in Dublin every year for the last 7 not including covid year, for the same 2 days in August, couldn't get a room due to it been booked out for Ukrainians. The other 5 hotels in the area were quoting nearly 800 for the two nites. In the end I ended up not going to Dublin for the couple of days.

over a year ago

It's totally scandalous what hotels charge now , l do hope things work out for ye , l have not used a hotel in yonks and have no intention of tbh , it's so hard to put a few quid together and then just hand it out to hotels, l'd rather put it into my car than give it to hotels , people can have a week out foreign for what hotels charge.

By *ub23Man
over a year ago

wandering

Unfortunately money for refugees is easier and steadier they don’t want normal people staying in hotels anymore

By *lassy lady 216Woman
over a year ago

Craigavon

I have had to cancel 3fab events in Dublin because of hotel prices it's putting people off going to the city I see plenty of disused buildings around the country that they could have turned into accomodation for refugees no need for them to be using hotels

By *arkjackMan
over a year ago

West Cork

I had a wonderful fling with a lady at the Commodore Hotel in Cobh and it were reasonable, close to 100.00

The incentive is for us to have group sex West Cork Couple! Think of the Economy!

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

We have a hotel booked for Thursday locally for 99euro, and one for Dublin next weekend for 134euro. Fun can still be had with a bit of flexibility.

By *arkjackMan
over a year ago

West Cork

"We have a hotel booked for Thursday locally for 99euro, and one for Dublin next weekend for 134euro. Fun can still be had with a bit of flexibility."

It is sad... Surely the moral thing for swingers is to send a sexy envoy to seduce hotel staff into supplying support for our orgies.

Plot is thickening!

By *XlalaXXWoman
over a year ago

tipperary

"We have a hotel booked for Thursday locally for 99euro, and one for Dublin next weekend for 134euro. Fun can still be had with a bit of flexibility.

It is sad... Surely the moral thing for swingers is to send a sexy envoy to seduce hotel staff into supplying support for our orgies.

Plot is thickening! "

I offer anal usually works

By *XlalaXXWoman
over a year ago

tipperary

Supervalu breaks

Groupon

pigsback

Can Be good

Maybe book hotels well in advance and make plans then

I organise “gatherings” and I always try get best deal or at least give them options

By *imTMan
over a year ago

Up the road, down the road,

Hotels are pretty reasonable at the moment, I suspect next summer could be expensive.

over a year ago

"Unfortunately money for refugees is easier and steadier they don’t want normal people staying in hotels anymore "

Ehhh normal people and they are like you one presumes

Post new Message to Thread