Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Need a list of good excuses....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I think I have a stalker..

There is a guy that knocks at my door fairly regularly.

I tend to just ignore him and he tries to peer in the window when doesn't get an answer...

He pretends to be a TV Licence Inspector, well that's what he keeps shouting in the letterbox at me.

I just turn up the TV volume to drown him out until he leaves which seems to work after about 10/15 minutes of knocking

On a completly separate note, if the REAL TV Licence Inspector ever happens to call , what is the best Fab style excuses I could give as a reason I haven't got a TV Licence yet

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *acob12369Man
over a year ago

URPANTS

Just say, excuae im leaving,don't live here. The owner is upstairs in the shower.

Then buy a TV license before he returns

over a year ago

"

Then buy a TV license before he returns"

€160 to watch Nationwide and Emmerdale doesn't sound like great value for money

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am not verified on fab so I am not real...lol

By *acob12369Man
over a year ago

URPANTS

"

Then buy a TV license before he returns

€160 to watch Nationwide and Emmerdale doesn't sound like great value for money "

Neither is paying tax

over a year ago

"I am not verified on fab so I am not real...lol"

Maybe i'll only communicate with verified inspectors with a green tick only and just ignore any who aren't

By *adbod2020Man
over a year ago

Galway

Just be careful, that c×#t may be from the Sydney University and may steal your pics and information

By *onsey83Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

If they come to the door tell them you don’t watch live tv. They will ask to come into the property and check but tell them no, come back when you have a warrant. They never come back. Or go online and declare you don’t watch live tv. T

over a year ago

"If they come to the door tell them you don’t watch live tv. They will ask to come into the property and check but tell them no, come back when you have a warrant. They never come back. Or go online and declare you don’t watch live tv. T "

AFAIK, these days it's actually any device with internet connectivity which would allow you to stream content such as RTE player, Virgin player.. etc..

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"If they come to the door tell them you don’t watch live tv. They will ask to come into the property and check but tell them no, come back when you have a warrant. They never come back. Or go online and declare you don’t watch live tv. T

AFAIK, these days it's actually any device with internet connectivity which would allow you to stream content such as RTE player, Virgin player.. etc.."

"You do not need a TV licence to watch television on your computer, phone or other device (for example, RTÉ Player or streaming services like Netflix). However, the computer, phone or other device must not be capable of receiving a television signal by cable, satellite or aerial." From citizens information Ireland website.

Also check out tv.licence.ie...

There is talk of the TV licence being changed to a broadcasting license but that's not the case yet.

over a year ago

"

However, the computer, phone or other device must not be capable of receiving a television signal by cable, satellite or aerial."

"

Cheers for link, I thought they brought the new communications media type licence in already this year, but obviously not..

From above, surely every phone is cable of watching content that is also shown via television signal by cable, satellite or aerial..

SkyGo app, RTE Player, Virgin player etc.. will give you access to most tv shows and ability to watch live. Not sure how that is going to be enforced either.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

a.mnsering the door naked normally works for me

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"

However, the computer, phone or other device must not be capable of receiving a television signal by cable, satellite or aerial."

Cheers for link, I thought they brought the new communications media type licence in already this year, but obviously not..

From above, surely every phone is cable of watching content that is also shown via television signal by cable, satellite or aerial..

SkyGo app, RTE Player, Virgin player etc.. will give you access to most tv shows and ability to watch live. Not sure how that is going to be enforced either."

The broadcasting license will take care of that. It's merely revenue making. There are something like 160,000 households without a television license. I'm sure some of those don't actually have a TV, like myself, but I'm sure that everyone has a device capable of broadcasting RTE via the internet.

Post new Message to Thread