Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Money worries

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all, I'm looking for advice/help pointed in right direction or hopefully there is someone here who has gone thro what I'm going thro and come out other side. So basically I find myself in debt and iv been trying hard to get it right but I'm constantly falling behind on payments . If I could get myself a loan from somewhere besides bank or cu of 2000 or more it would cover me in back payments for my car and cu loan. I know this a long shot but I'm sick with worry and would really appreciate any advice or help on where to turn to. I am in full employment but just can't get myself back on track thus needing loan to get me back .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *amsonite69Man
over a year ago

Belfast

have you tried contacting the credit companies, explaining your situation and attempting to have your payments frozen or reduced in order to get yourself on an even keel? im sure they would rather work with you than risk getting nothing. More debt may not be the solution.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't go looking for rainy day loans. Get in touch with MABS in your local area. They are so good and helpful in dealing with debt, they will contact all your debtors on.your behalf and help you put a plan in place

over a year ago

Most companies are understanding and will help you once they are aware of your situation

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

But another loan will just add to your debt and be just another payment you won't be able to afford.And if you have a bad credit rating you won't get a loan apart from ones that are extortionist in their interest rates.

I don't have any other advice bar to talk to those who you have loads with already. Sometimes they can come up with a payment plan that you can afford if you are struggling.

over a year ago

I have made contact yes but I don't know how much more time I can buy tbh

over a year ago

"I have made contact yes but I don't know how much more time I can buy tbh "

Mabs than is the best solution, I've used them and could not recommend them enough

By *ub_TMan
over a year ago

Dublin city

Great advice above , be upfront with creditor and and contact MABS first , giving them heads up first May give you a solution you may not have thought of, before you contact creditors.

over a year ago

MABS will offer advice and contact creditors on your behalf.

I'd avoid a loan if you can, but if necessary, the CU do offer great rates on short term loans.

There's also the additional needs payment, you'd need to have a quick search online and the forms can be downloaded.

Mind you, this is an emergency payment and you have to show urgent need in the application. You'll need to submit 3 months of bank statements, details of your income and outgoings, showing your inability to cover essentials.

By *amsonite69Man
over a year ago

Belfast

"I have made contact yes but I don't know how much more time I can buy tbh

Mabs than is the best solution, I've used them and could not recommend them enough"

this... pass it over to the experts, they will take some of the stress and worry out of it and will deal on your behalf.. great advice.

over a year ago

"Hi all, I'm looking for advice/help pointed in right direction or hopefully there is someone here who has gone thro what I'm going thro and come out other side. So basically I find myself in debt and iv been trying hard to get it right but I'm constantly falling behind on payments . If I could get myself a loan from somewhere besides bank or cu of 2000 or more it would cover me in back payments for my car and cu loan. I know this a long shot but I'm sick with worry and would really appreciate any advice or help on where to turn to. I am in full employment but just can't get myself back on track thus needing loan to get me back . "

As new-agey as it might sound, would you consider a money coach?

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Id second the advice about using the experts to talk to others on your behalf and come up with a new payment plan

If you know you can pay it back over a longer period that's what you should get them to agree but don't borrow more

I know its easy to say but you will get past this ....try not to worry ....leave it to the experts

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
over a year ago

ireland

Great advice above OP,let the experts help you work out a plan !

Good luck .

over a year ago

The first thing to do is put it down on paper

You take your biggest debt and see what you can manage to take off that, bit by bit.

You put down your essentials. Car, food, rent.

Cut out all the stuff you don't need.

Work out how much you have each week after paying the essentials.

Then you go to town on bringing that debt down.

Believe me, once you start, you'll enjoy making a game of it and it doesn't seem as daunting as it once did.

Speak to the pros. Get them to help you.

By *otownkid1967Man
over a year ago

Portlaoise

MABS are brilliant and will get you sorted.

over a year ago

Definitely speak to Mabs they are very helpful. I know only too well the stress our mortgage was taken over by a vulture company and they left me a anxious mess. They would ring constantly and were so horrible. I know they drove a few people into taking their own lives. It's horrible having that knot of stress in your stomach constantly.

By *ensualandslow321Man
over a year ago

Tullamore

Mabs should do an income and expenditure spreadsheet for you, just make sure you are 100% up front and don't leave anything out. They should then approach both the Bank and the Credit Union with a suggested term extension with repayments you can afford.

Good luck

over a year ago

Look at your major overheads and see where you can make a saving however painful it is, there is no easy way out of debt unfortunately you'll have to take a drop in living standards, sell your car or maybe even move into it to save on rent, 6 months of pain will sort your problems out remember short term pain for long term gain..

By *he zephyrCouple
over a year ago

The Sol

Mabs is a good place to access support for debt and money management, they have a lot of knowledge and experience.

Even talking to them will ease the pressure you feel, but the finance management tools they use can give you skills for the future as well.

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

Have you anything you can sell at all? You would be surprised what ya can make on adverts or ebay

over a year ago

Thanks everyone for the advice and support I really appreciate it all

over a year ago

"Thanks everyone for the advice and support I really appreciate it all"

Mind yourself you will get through this take the advice above mabs is a great start you will see the pressure easing once you make contact but please don’t go down the route of taking on another loan for your own sake

Post new Message to Thread