Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

What a magical day!

Jump to newest

By *tslife222 OP   Man
over a year ago

by the sea louth

Today I brought my only child into secondary-school- I’m a very proud and happy dad, that she got this far after all the nerves over the summer.

To all the parents / carers whose kids start primary , secondary or college soon - fair play to you all!

And for those who cannot see their kids starting out for whatever reason- I hope your doing ok, at what for some, can be a difficult time.

Take care of yourselves.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *indenMan
over a year ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

Lovely post….

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Fair play OP, agree lovely post x

By *tslife222 OP   Man
over a year ago

by the sea louth

"Today I brought my only child into secondary-school- I’m a very proud and happy dad, that she got this far after all the nerves over the summer.

To all the parents / carers whose kids start primary , secondary or college soon - fair play to you all!

And for those who cannot see their kids starting out for whatever reason- I hope your doing ok, at what for some, can be a difficult time.

Take care of yourselves."

Oops apologies here ,I should mention My ex also came in with us, luckily we still get along well for everyone’s sake

And I’m very thankful and grateful for that.

By *e MasseurMan
over a year ago

lk

Very happy for you, lad.

My son will start preschool soon and I know I will cry a river on his first day

By *ateniteCouple
over a year ago

Youghal

My daughter started today too. Am particularly worried for her as she has had issues with bullying of late. She said she couldn't wait to get into secondary and make new friends.

By *tslife222 OP   Man
over a year ago

by the sea louth

"My daughter started today too. Am particularly worried for her as she has had issues with bullying of late. She said she couldn't wait to get into secondary and make new friends."

I feel your pain, sadly my daughter was bullied and isolated by other girls in her class from 3rd -6th class. Hence she wanted to go to a secondary school where none of her schoolmates were going.

I’m praying everything goes well.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm delighted that for the first time in 20 years, I have nobody going to school. Best of luck to those who have, those years will fly by.

By *phrodite72Woman
over a year ago

dublin/galway

"I'm delighted that for the first time in 20 years, I have nobody going to school. Best of luck to those who have, those years will fly by. "

Me too but it's kinda tinged with sadness

By *ome_wild_girlWoman
over a year ago

Antrim Town

After 17 years of 1st day of school, this year is the last one for me, of course the offspring is acting all cool like it's no big deal but I'm not sure how I'll be next week.

When they were little people said oh they grow up so fast, I didnt believe them but oh how they do.

By *phrodite72Woman
over a year ago

dublin/galway

"After 17 years of 1st day of school, this year is the last one for me, of course the offspring is acting all cool like it's no big deal but I'm not sure how I'll be next week.

When they were little people said oh they grow up so fast, I didnt believe them but oh how they do. "

Soooo true

By *tslife222 OP   Man
over a year ago

by the sea louth

"After 17 years of 1st day of school, this year is the last one for me, of course the offspring is acting all cool like it's no big deal but I'm not sure how I'll be next week.

When they were little people said oh they grow up so fast, I didnt believe them but oh how they do.

Soooo true "

All ahead of me

Post new Message to Thread