Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Dublin Zoological Garden (The Zoo)

Jump to newest

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

As I have now formally retired, I am considering treating myself with a visit to The Zoo, for the first time in 35 years.

Is it worth visiting?

There have been some whistleblower reports, that were published in The Irish Times, about animal welfare issues, mismanagement, etc.

Has anyone been?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"As I have now formally retired, I am considering treating myself with a visit to The Zoo, for the first time in 35 years.

Is it worth visiting?

There have been some whistleblower reports, that were published in The Irish Times, about animal welfare issues, mismanagement, etc.

Has anyone been?"

They have done amazing upgrades on the zoo over the last few years. It's a grand day out but personally I prefer fota Island in cork

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes was there last year but 4 year old ran straight through,did not get to take in the place as I would have liked...

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

We prefer fota too... and we have a yearly family pass. The pass gets you in to Dublin Zoo also, so we have been a couple of times as its free with the card. Its a nice day out, but fota seems less cramped and more modern way to visit animals. The layout is better in fota too. But no elephants!

Post new Message to Thread