Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Improving Fab

Jump to newest

By *ulu00 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Donegal

As the title says what changes would make to imrove your experience?

And before the single men start NOONE can make people respond to your messages

For me, it would be an online workshop on consent before you are allowed to message and no more free profiles, all site supporters

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

Why all site supporters!

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

Allow incoming mail to be categorised or ‘filed’ ie

Mail from friends

Mail from people on my hotlist

Mail from couples etc

Mail from people I’ve mailed

.. that way it might be easier for people who get too much mail to reply to one’s they actually wanted to get

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

A filter for those who are photo verified only.

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Photo verification as a prerequisite at minimum - at least this way, the male/female categorisation "should" be correct (depending on how astute mods are at these).

What I don't understand is, why Fab doesn't automatically delete newly set up accounts, which are neither photo verified or verified by cam/meet and without site support, after they've been sitting obviously idle for a minimum of maybe 2 weeks, with no intention of use.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Allow incoming mail to be categorised or ‘filed’ ie

Mail from friends

Mail from people on my hotlist

Mail from couples etc

Mail from people I’ve mailed

.. that way it might be easier for people who get too much mail to reply to one’s they actually wanted to get"

No need for this with filters in place

By *OCONO5Couple
over a year ago

Sensual Center

A smokers filter

By *eart-shaped-foxMan
over a year ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipp

The option to hide a profile once you've blocked them.

over a year ago

"A filter for those who are photo verified only. "

By *amien9010Man
over a year ago

ashbourne

All profiles age range should be updated every year … we all get older … I find my self slipping out of peoples age ranges …. They get older as well

Older man’s complaint lol

By *ofistimacatedMan
over a year ago

cavan town

I agree with the no free profiles. Although I think it is good to be able to set up a free profile to be able to see if it's for you, getting rid of them would drastically reduce the amount of idiots that ruin it for everyone else.

Or at least restrict what non site supporters can do

over a year ago

"I agree with the no free profiles. Although I think it is good to be able to set up a free profile to be able to see if it's for you, getting rid of them would drastically reduce the amount of idiots that ruin it for everyone else.

Or at least restrict what non site supporters can do"

Or a 72 hour free pass to the site, then they either pay for the site or they are deleted.

And its linked to their phone number, not an email address?

By *ofistimacatedMan
over a year ago

cavan town

"I agree with the no free profiles. Although I think it is good to be able to set up a free profile to be able to see if it's for you, getting rid of them would drastically reduce the amount of idiots that ruin it for everyone else.

Or a 72 hour free pass to the site, then they either pay for the site or they are deleted.

And its linked to their phone number, not an email address? "

I agree

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

And its linked to their phone number, not an email address? "

Definitely no phone number! I wouldn't sign up with a phone number for an adult site, ever!

And there are perfectly genuine people who can't or won't afford site support, so no thanks to that either.

Just delete inactive profiles after 2 weeks...

I keep my singles profile, which is well verified, hidden. I'm not using it, why should I pay site support for checking in occasionally? Same goes with my partner? Why should he be penalised losing a well verified single man's account just because he'd have to keep up site support if we end up deleting our couple's profile for whatever reason?

over a year ago

This is so needed

By *hoknows82Man
over a year ago

Nenagh / South Dublin

These are all great ideas.

It should be a paid and photo verified service only.

I can understand why they have the free part, as it an enticement for potential fabbers. But it would cut away so much of the negative parts of the site.

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"These are all great ideas.

It should be a paid and photo verified service only.

I can understand why they have the free part, as it an enticement for potential fabbers. But it would cut away so much of the negative parts of the site."

That's what filters are good for - you can block non site supporters.

Considering the cost of living crisis, I'd consider a fee OTT...there's plenty of decent people on here without the means to pay site support!

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

Wicklow

For me the site works very well, as it is. So, I dont need any changes. The problem seems to be that certain members are incompatible with the site, in that it doesnt meet their expectations. How to match member's (of any kind) expectations with the site? Who needs to change, the site or those problematic members?

By *onderingpurposeMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Being able to delete verifications would be a start.

over a year ago

An app, the site needs an app and faster refresh rate

By *ast_jjMan
over a year ago

Dublin and London

Expand the "looking for" function to include sexual preference and limit it to who can message you based on your looking for details.

So if you are not looking for a bi or bi curious couple or single bi male for example, you wouldn't be messaged by them.

Perhaps even limit it to only being able to view the profiles that match the people you're looking for?

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

It’s kinda perfect as it is

over a year ago

No need to fix anything if its not broken .. use your filters and block button

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

I need more boob pictures sent to me so if fab could fix that I'd be very grateful

Thanks

over a year ago

"I need more boob pictures sent to me so if fab could fix that I'd be very grateful

Thanks "

Hope that helps bog lol

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

There's very little to fix. Plenty of tools already available to filter the tools. I don't agree that everyone should be a site supporter because everyone has different levels of commitment and reliance on the site.

I'm always curious why people who join a site knowing the rules and regulations suddenly decide it needs changed or improved to meet their own particular needs.

If you really feel it's not fit for purpose why remain? Why not go and find one that is fit for your purpose rather than expect others to jump through hoops.

Do you really need your hand held while navigating a website?

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"Being able to delete verifications would be a start."

Just block the person and your verification deletes

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"No need to fix anything if its not broken .. use your filters and block button "

Pretty much this

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"I need more boob pictures sent to me so if fab could fix that I'd be very grateful

Thanks

Hope that helps bog lol "

Absolutely...what a quick fix

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

One thing needing to be fixed is the "not looking for single guys" text which appears when you block single guys from messaging you.

It doesn't reflect the action taken. Some people ARE looking for single guys but they like to do the messaging themselves because they don't want to deal with all the incoming crap. It's misleading

By *an I Kiss youMan
over a year ago

Manchester City Centre

"As the title says what changes would make to imrove your experience?

For me, it would be an online workshop on consent before you are allowed to message and no more free profiles, all site supporters "

Suggestion for improvement:

The site's developers could adopt a similar strategy to what Bumble has in place.

That is only couples and single females can start a conversation.

This could improve the site efficacy by creating an actual potential for genuine conversations to start and possibly develop into more meaningful interactions.

The status quo is that couples and single females are bombarded with hundreds of unread messages that no human being could have the time to read all, let alone respond to.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"As the title says what changes would make to imrove your experience?

For me, it would be an online workshop on consent before you are allowed to message and no more free profiles, all site supporters

Suggestion for improvement:

The site's developers could adopt a similar strategy to what Bumble has in place.

That is only couples and single females can start a conversation.

This could improve the site efficacy by creating an actual potential for genuine conversations to start and possibly develop into more meaningful interactions.

The status quo is that couples and single females are bombarded with hundreds of unread messages that no human being could have the time to read all, let alone respond to."

Fab already provides filters than women and couples if decide to use them they can use and tighten right up in order to take control of the amount of messages they receive if they really want to so I don't see any point in making it like bumble at all. And I've seen on numerous threads women complaining about the amount of messages they get yet they admit they won't send a first message themselves in case they get ignored or rejected.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Fab won't make money if they only allow couples and women to message first

Besides its easy to create fake couples and womens profiles...

By *acob12369Man
over a year ago

URPANTS

The most obvious one and i cant believe its not a important feature of signing up and i bet half the people on here don't realise it, provide a REAL EMAIL address when signing up.

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"Fab won't make money if they only allow couples and women to message first

Besides its easy to create fake couples and womens profiles..."

That's why photo verification should be a minimum prerequisite for use of the non-paying aspects of the site after a short period of time - no clear pic, no photo verification, no use of site anymore.

I'd even go as far as reverifying with an up-to-date pic every 3-6 months - but obviously work intensive for admin! If you can't reverify with a comparable pic to your previous one - your account is suspended. This would out fake couples pretty quickly!

In this instance, the site may need to update with gender identity - so differenciate between cross-dressers, transgender women, transgender men, possibly add non-binary as an option.

I do think the idea of giving better search options would be beneficial too. No point in finding homosexuals popping up if you're only looking for heteros etc...same with smoking, attached etc...it doesn't mean that people won't lie but at least your search *could* be narrowed down...

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"The most obvious one and i cant believe its not a important feature of signing up and i bet half the people on here don't realise it, provide a REAL EMAIL address when signing up. "

Opposed to what? Can you sign up with an email that doesn't exist?

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"The most obvious one and i cant believe its not a important feature of signing up and i bet half the people on here don't realise it, provide a REAL EMAIL address when signing up.

Opposed to what? Can you sign up with an email that doesn't exist? "

Mybigknob@yourma's.com works

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/07/22 21:45:56]

over a year ago

For me it would be posting forum threads the other way around. Keep threat title/theme first but then the most recent posts working back to oldest. Some of the longer threads takes a while scrolling through…

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"The most obvious one and i cant believe its not a important feature of signing up and i bet half the people on here don't realise it, provide a REAL EMAIL address when signing up.

Mybigknob@yourma's.com works "

It would if it's an existing email address...but seriously, does Fab actually have as simple a flaw as allowing someone to sign up with an email that doesn't actually exist???

over a year ago

Agreed face photo verified take away the option for naked from the neck down for all if I’m not mistaken that was or options

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

It would if it's an existing email address...but seriously, does Fab actually have as simple a flaw as allowing someone to sign up with an email that doesn't actually exist???

"

I created a gmail address to sign up ....never used it for anything else but it wasn't fake ....dont they send a confirmation email

over a year ago

"A filter for those who are photo verified only.

Agreed face photo verified take away the option for naked from the neck down for all if I’m not mistaken that was or options "

It’s only fair

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

I created a gmail address to sign up ....never used it for anything else but it wasn't fake ....dont they send a confirmation email "

Yes, they do... and I'm sure many create email addresses for this purpose. Maybe a "confirm you received the email through a sent link" needs to be added as a prerequisite to use of site to confirm the email is live...

over a year ago

Agreed face photo verified take away the option for naked from the neck down for all if I’m not mistaken that was or options

It’s only fair "

Most of the profiles on here have a green tick been verified by someone is it not easy to do that let mod verify you only

over a year ago

I created a gmail address to sign up ....never used it for anything else but it wasn't fake ....dont they send a confirmation email "

We got a phone call so

over a year ago

I created a gmail address to sign up ....never used it for anything else but it wasn't fake ....dont they send a confirmation email

We got a phone call so "

As I’ve just been told we got two phone calls I answered the first day and the following day herself answered

By *ursecretmischiefCouple
over a year ago

The West

It would be nice to be able to search status updates, no?

If you put up something, unless your friends or on a hotlist, nobody is going to see it really!

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"It would be nice to be able to search status updates, no?

If you put up something, unless your friends or on a hotlist, nobody is going to see it really!"

You can see friends and hotlist updates, as well as local updates - I believe these are matched to your "looking for" so yes, your updates can be seen by those who are not friends or who haven't hotlisted you. You can also look at "all" updates but these include the UK. There should be Irish only really...

over a year ago

We’d also like to see a option for people that are organizing a party to be separate from the threads

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"We’d also like to see a option for people that are organizing a party to be separate from the threads "

There's a forum for events. Unfortunately the Irish events would be swallowed up by the amount of UK based ones...we should have our own though

over a year ago

"We’d also like to see a option for people that are organizing a party to be separate from the threads

There's a forum for events. Unfortunately the Irish events would be swallowed up by the amount of UK based ones...we should have our own though "

That’s what we were thinking as people will tell you on here they spend ages trying to get to what they want to reply to or give their opinion on

By *oinNumberMan
over a year ago

Not in Dublin

When you are on someone’s profile and it shows you on top when you last emailed them, it would be nice to be able to click this as a link to bring you to that previous email so you can read what was said

By *atherjackhackettMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

Stop calling them verifications and call them references because that seems to be the go. ??

By *ursecretmischiefCouple
over a year ago

The West

"It would be nice to be able to search status updates, no?

If you put up something, unless your friends or on a hotlist, nobody is going to see it really!

You can see friends and hotlist updates, as well as local updates - I believe these are matched to your "looking for" so yes, your updates can be seen by those who are not friends or who haven't hotlisted you. You can also look at "all" updates but these include the UK. There should be Irish only really..."

It would help if you could search them though. Like for particular events or locations, to see who's going or there etc.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Seperate categories of verification for social meets vs play meets

over a year ago

"Seperate categories of verification for social meets vs play meets"

Hmm sounds about as reliable as all those webcam meets that were happening during lockdown

over a year ago

"When you are on someone’s profile and it shows you on top when you last emailed them, it would be nice to be able to click this as a link to bring you to that previous email so you can read what was said "

I love the ones who mail us every year saying they've just moved to Galway

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

It’s only fair

Most of the profiles on here have a green tick been verified by someone is it not easy to do that let mod verify you only "

Hu? Bit confused what you're trying to say.

I don't know the process of getting photo verified, it was introduced a fair while after I was fab-born.

All I would like to do is to block any unverified or just photo verified fabbers. At present all verification types are bundled together.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Stop calling them verifications and call them references because that seems to be the go. ??"

That's just semantics.

Post new Message to Thread