Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Respect

Jump to newest

By *irdman21 OP   Man
over a year ago

dublin

Following on from another post,most people on here seem to ask for respectful messages and no dic pics,so that's what I do, I mostly post 2 or 3 lines saying more than just hi, send face pics to some but not all,I know its a minefield out there for single guys and one must soldier on,I never revert to abuse when mails are not replied,I've a few decent verifications,so all that being said any pointers in improving my profile and reply rate lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't see any major problems with bio, maybe a new pic last one is over a year old but that's only a maybe.

over a year ago

The one bit of advice I'd give anyone on this is stop talking about being respectful and not sending abuse at rejection like its some kind of positive attribute.

Its the bear fucking minimum we should be doing on here.

Sorry OP the rant isn't aimed at you more so the phenomenon of people saying they are polite and respectful like it should be applauded

By *irdman21 OP   Man
over a year ago

dublin

Not that it should be applauded more so totally agree,you would think its coman practice, pointing out this is what lady's ask for an when ids done ya still get ignored lol....

over a year ago

"The one bit of advice I'd give anyone on this is stop talking about being respectful and not sending abuse at rejection like its some kind of positive attribute.

Sorry OP the rant isn't aimed at you more so the phenomenon of people saying they are polite and respectful like it should be applauded "

Louder for the people in the back!

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"The one bit of advice I'd give anyone on this is stop talking about being respectful and not sending abuse at rejection like its some kind of positive attribute.

Sorry OP the rant isn't aimed at you more so the phenomenon of people saying they are polite and respectful like it should be applauded

Louder for the people in the back! "

It's ok, we heard it. We're just ignoring it as it doesn't suit. Sorry about that!

over a year ago

It's ok, we heard it. We're just ignoring it as it doesn't suit. Sorry about that! "

Back in yer box you

over a year ago

"Not that it should be applauded more so totally agree,you would think its coman practice, pointing out this is what lady's ask for an when ids done ya still get ignored lol...."

Because again it'd the very least expectation anyone should have in here. Followed closely by the understanding that no reply means no interest.

Here is the thing. Regardless of if its true or not people posting about being respectful and STILL not getting replies come off as entitled and are doing themselves no favors

over a year ago

It's ok, we heard it. We're just ignoring it as it doesn't suit. Sorry about that! "

Can I get another questionnaire I answered the micky question wrong

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

It's ok, we heard it. We're just ignoring it as it doesn't suit. Sorry about that!

Back in yer box you "

That's it, you're dead to me now, and you can stop sending those fanny photos as well, I'm not for turning

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Can I get another questionnaire I answered the micky question wrong"

Ffs, do you think I have nothing else to be doing?

*sent

over a year ago

Can I get another questionnaire I answered the micky question wrong

Ffs, do you think I have nothing else to be doing?

*sent"

That was my assumption yes

By *adbod2020Man
over a year ago

Galway

Sorry OP the rant isn't aimed at you more so the phenomenon of people saying they are polite and respectful like it should be applauded "

I definitely see your point however I just want to throw a slightly different perspective on it. These days or should I say during my most recent days of seeking meets I was including some sort of sentence that may say something like that however I also throw in a line about appreciating a reply even if it's no thanks and I try reassure them I can take rejection well and actually because of that it's very rare I didnt get a reply and I also cut my rejection rate down.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

The one bit of advice Id give to most men is to not bother your arse with private messages...

I was sitting with you at your first social in a restaurant and you're a decent bloke....keep going to socials or clubs and widen your circle of fab friends that way ....it seems to work as do the forums for some people

By *andR2019Couple
over a year ago

Nunya

"Following on from another post,most people on here seem to ask for respectful messages and no dic pics,so that's what I do, I mostly post 2 or 3 lines saying more than just hi, send face pics to some but not all,I know its a minefield out there for single guys and one must soldier on,I never revert to abuse when mails are not replied,I've a few decent verifications,so all that being said any pointers in improving my profile and reply rate lol"

Add some more pics or recent ones should I say your bio is good tho

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Amen!!

Should we also thank the men who aren't sex abusers for not abusing lol?

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Amen!!

Should we also thank the men who aren't sex abusers for not abusing lol?"

You're welcome

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"Following on from another post,most people on here seem to ask for respectful messages and no dic pics,so that's what I do, I mostly post 2 or 3 lines saying more than just hi, send face pics to some but not all,I know its a minefield out there for single guys and one must soldier on,I never revert to abuse when mails are not replied,I've a few decent verifications,so all that being said any pointers in improving my profile and reply rate lol"

Can't see much of anything wrong with your profile... nothing that a few fullstops and capital letters won't fix anyway

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

"The one bit of advice Id give to most men is to not bother your arse with private messages...

I was sitting with you at your first social in a restaurant and you're a decent bloke....keep going to socials or clubs and widen your circle of fab friends that way ....it seems to work as do the forums for some people "

Completely agree with that

Plus several guys have told me that for 1:1 meets they have more success on Tinder, probably because the ratio of men to women is much lower.

Many women are slow to join Fab as its a swing site and thus more taboo than Tinder which is probably more of a sex site than a dating site to be fair

over a year ago

"The one bit of advice Id give to most men is to not bother your arse with private messages...

I was sitting with you at your first social in a restaurant and you're a decent bloke....keep going to socials or clubs and widen your circle of fab friends that way ....it seems to work as do the forums for some people

Completely agree with that

Plus several guys have told me that for 1:1 meets they have more success on Tinder, probably because the ratio of men to women is much lower.

Many women are slow to join Fab as its a swing site and thus more taboo than Tinder which is probably more of a sex site than a dating site to be fair "

Ya tinder is the shit

I wouldn't say give up on private mails completely though like if someone really catches your eye then tell them.

By *irdman21 OP   Man
over a year ago

dublin

I was sitting with you at your first social in a restaurant and you're a decent bloke....keep going to socials or clubs and widen your circle of fab friends that way ....it seems to work as do the forums for some people "

cheers for the compliment, must try get to a couple more socials to be fair...

Post new Message to Thread