Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Social

Jump to newest

By *idnight and Lace OP   Couple
over a year ago

your town

How hard are socials to set up? Has anyone any tips or experience in setting one up? Looking to do one in the Midlands area

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Is it just a small social in a oub or cafe for about a dozen people....very easy

The bigger ones in hotels ...no experience

over a year ago

your town

Thinking a small one to see how much of a demand there is for them. We know Athlone hold some from time to time as well but not hears of any anywhere else

By *ncharted nightsCouple
over a year ago

funtown

Hard enough we think start small do it right and hope it grows from their.

The way we see it the host are a major major component the like's of carry on camping and vanilla club the people who run them are non judgemental warm welcoming people who make anyone feel part of something bigger and that's the key we think

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Find a pub or cafe that you could get comfortable with a group of people.

Book the pub / cafe ....post a thread telling people the time and date and the Town but not the venue until the lunchtime of the social.

Pick the time and date to suit you and ignore people moaning it doesnt suit them ...you can't please everyone

Decide if people have to be verified or not

People have to post in the thread that they want to go and not message you first to help you filter out people you don't want to go

If you want them to go you private message them and take it from there

Best of luck

By *eddybear37Man
over a year ago

everywhere kildare longford

I’m interested especially if something small there always best to get to know ppl

over a year ago

your town

Thanks for the great advice so far , really appreciate it

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

They are easy enough to organise.

Pick a date

Pick a venue, reserved area or function room depending on how many people.

Get the list of attendees (Losts of people will say they will go but not turn up).

Have a good night

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The last one I was as was disguised as a 40th birthday party. Reserved area in a pub. Worked well

over a year ago

Just saying folks, not my business as I haven’t swung as they say but cottages for couples in cork, have three tree houses and 3 apts, all with there own private heated outdoor jacuzzi, in extremely quite location in middle of nowhere.l, and they are all close enough. Places are decorated super, I was there before and it would be perfect for a private social

over a year ago

your town

Yeah that seems to be the norm to disguise it as a birthday party, which is a great idea. And a chance to get to mingle

over a year ago

funtown

"Just saying folks, not my business as I haven’t swung as they say but cottages for couples in cork, have three tree houses and 3 apts, all with there own private heated outdoor jacuzzi, in extremely quite location in middle of nowhere.l, and they are all close enough. Places are decorated super, I was there before and it would be perfect for a private social"

That place looks really good alright

over a year ago

Maybe attend a social for example the Envy one in Dublin. It's a great way to meet other people to connect with and you'll find people to invite to your own one.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Just saying folks, not my business as I haven’t swung as they say but cottages for couples in cork, have three tree houses and 3 apts, all with there own private heated outdoor jacuzzi, in extremely quite location in middle of nowhere.l, and they are all close enough. Places are decorated super, I was there before and it would be perfect for a private social

That place looks really good alright "

Check out avaibility its pretty booked up but would be a great weekend

over a year ago

"Just saying folks, not my business as I haven’t swung as they say but cottages for couples in cork, have three tree houses and 3 apts, all with there own private heated outdoor jacuzzi, in extremely quite location in middle of nowhere.l, and they are all close enough. Places are decorated super, I was there before and it would be perfect for a private social

Check out avaibility its pretty booked up but would be a great weekend "

Can’t recommend it enough. We just got takeaways delivered the two nights. That was in winter, outside with wine glass frozen to decking but the jacuzzi was 38d!

over a year ago

funtown

Check out avaibility its pretty booked up but would be a great weekend

Can’t recommend it enough. We just got takeaways delivered the two nights. That was in winter, outside with wine glass frozen to decking but the jacuzzi was 38d! "

Anything 38d is good

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

"Yeah that seems to be the norm to disguise it as a birthday party, which is a great idea. And a chance to get to mingle "

We've never organised one, but our first social was made easy by the brilliant hosts who made everyone feel relaxed. Remember that you could make or break a new attendees Fab career as it can be terrifying for newbies, especially for those on their own who struggle with social anxiety.

You’ll be working that night to make everyone feel included. It won't be about you that night but you can certainly take a mental note of those you like for future shenanigans

Good luck

By *acob12369Man
over a year ago

URPANTS

Just put a post up here with location and time. Easy!

over a year ago

your town

"Maybe attend a social for example the Envy one in Dublin. It's a great way to meet other people to connect with and you'll find people to invite to your own one. "

Attending socials is a good idea but the whole point of wanting to try and host one is something more local for those that can't make it to Dublin / cork ect

over a year ago

your town

I know a few people / couples that are new to the scene and I also know a few people who have helped us when we were knew to the scene, so definitely understand that there needs to be no judgement and make everyone feel welcome.

over a year ago

funtown

Ya you need the couples like theirs lots of people who try host em and all they turn out to be is a sausage fest keep denny at home if u ask me

over a year ago

funtown

And before I get a ate ing not all guys are a problem but in the last week we were looking for something convenient when we had a free house to be vaguely like goldilocks & the three bears in their own opinion some were too near some were too far and we have yet to meet the just mr right

over a year ago

your town

"And before I get a ate ing not all guys are a problem but in the last week we were looking for something convenient when we had a free house to be vaguely like goldilocks & the three bears in their own opinion some were too near some were too far and we have yet to meet the just mr right "

I feel the pain there, I get some men have a hard time on here due to the actions of some others tho. But socials could be a good way to kick start something

over a year ago

funtown

Perhaps well the best of luck with it as the Midlands need more action we will keep a eye out

over a year ago

your town

"Perhaps well the best of luck with it as the Midlands need more action we will keep a eye out "

Thank you , and I agree the Midlands definitely needs a bit more spice adding to it so to speak

By *amesy6918Man
over a year ago

newry

Go for it and sure it’ll be grand

By *ittlekinks38Woman
over a year ago

outside belfast x

Start small equal numbers of couples, single males and single women attending...arrange a place ,date that suits you and place that there's plenty of hotels near for ppl to stay at if outta there way! Best places are those who have private function areas or just public bar just book a table x

By *DSGCouple
over a year ago

That place in

If you going for a private function room see what the cost is does it included finger food

If so use eventbrite/PayPal/revoult and sell tickets,make it non refundable

Just charge enought to cover room and food

over a year ago

your town

"Start small equal numbers of couples, single males and single women attending...arrange a place ,date that suits you and place that there's plenty of hotels near for ppl to stay at if outta there way! Best places are those who have private function areas or just public bar just book a table x "

Thanks for the advice , we are thinking a bar is the best way to trial this with small Numbers

over a year ago

It's a great idea lots of us swingers in the Midlands

The Killeshin Hotel would be good for a social. It's in Portlaoise. It's perfect for swingers stayed there a few times. It's swinger friendly as the car park is underground and goes directly to rooms no need to go past reception. The Spollen Suite would be good to book if you want to play after. It's a massive room two double beds and a big couch and it's at the top corner of the hotel so only one room beside you for noise. Just get another fabber to book in beside

over a year ago

"How hard are socials to set up? Has anyone any tips or experience in setting one up? Looking to do one in the Midlands area "

If you get one going please let us know. The excitement of something local

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

Casa Del Fun

Just start slowly.

Ask for interest and if there is then choose a date to suit and find a location for everyone.

No need to jump straight into event plans, just something smaller, more intimate.

We have one planned for next week in the midlands and all is looking good so far

over a year ago

"Just start slowly.

Ask for interest and if there is then choose a date to suit and find a location for everyone.

No need to jump straight into event plans, just something smaller, more intimate.

We have one planned for next week in the midlands and all is looking good so far "

Best of luck with it guys great to see more events for us country mice

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Just start slowly.

We have one planned for next week in the midlands and all is looking good so far "

Best of luck with it....try not to let anyone take Tabby home in their pocket

By *asual_eyesMan
over a year ago

Sallins/Naas

Never knew the effort that would go into getting a group social going, learn something new everyday.

Still need to get myself along to one.

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

Casa Del Fun

"Just start slowly.

We have one planned for next week in the midlands and all is looking good so far

Best of luck with it....try not to let anyone take Tabby home in their pocket "

I’ll have to slip an AirTag into her in case someone does exactly that

over a year ago

your town

"Just start slowly.

Best of luck with it hope it goes well. Us midlands people definitely need something

By *asual_eyesMan
over a year ago

Sallins/Naas

"Best of luck with it hope it goes well. Us midlands people definitely need something "

If you are up for a drive to Kildare I'd love to have a social with you both.

By *eddybear37Man
over a year ago

everywhere kildare longford

"Just start slowly.

If you have any spaces free I’d be interested

Post new Message to Thread