Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

fake profiles , dropouts who do not attend

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

how to avoid this? in the last few days we made many appointments to meet people from this website but in all of them people didn’t attend or gaveup at the last minute or simply disappear , apart from the ones that we shamed before the meetings for being a clear “fake profile”

It’s very frustrating to spend money on taxis and drinks waiting for people who don't attend , any tips on how to avoid failed meetings?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

It will never change on here unfortunately id to cancel a hotel last Friday due to one leaving the site just before meeting and two others cancelled on me over the weekend.....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It will never change on here unfortunately id to cancel a hotel last Friday due to one leaving the site just before meeting and two others cancelled on me over the weekend..... "

I wonder why ??

By *itIrishCplCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

We have found by taking our time getting to know people through messaging radically reduces the risk of a no show.

Also we don’t meet unverified people or people who have just joined. This again lessens the chances of being fucked around.

If we are gonna be fucked around we want it to be around the bedroom.

over a year ago

"We have found by taking our time getting to know people through messaging radically reduces the risk of a no show.

Also we don’t meet unverified people or people who have just joined. This again lessens the chances of being fucked around.

If we are gonna be fucked around we want it to be around the bedroom. "

Will do it

over a year ago

I was supposed to meet someone but they will not give a straight answer no matter what I suggest. I think some people get a kick out of the talk of meeting but have no intention of actually doing it

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"It will never change on here unfortunately id to cancel a hotel last Friday due to one leaving the site just before meeting and two others cancelled on me over the weekend.....

I wonder why ?? "

She's just too sexy....

By *lassic guyMan
over a year ago

my bed to your just ask

Op all I can say is take your time a lot of guys are just on here to have a wank when they are texting and Unfortunately I don't no if that even going to change with some of them

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

Yeah take your time to get to know if ppl are trustworthy or all talk and look out for well verified people as you have to show up to be verified

By *amDaveCouple
over a year ago

somewhere

We've had the same issue a good few times both from males and females. One time we had the hotel booked and travelled down to Tipp. Said female never showed and ghosted both of us and that was after talking for weeks. It's very annoying.

By *ildGroverMan
over a year ago

rathfarnham

"how to avoid this? in the last few days we made many appointments to meet people from this website but in all of them people didn’t attend or gaveup at the last minute or simply disappear , apart from the ones that we shamed before the meetings for being a clear “fake profile”

It’s very frustrating to spend money on taxis and drinks waiting for people who don't attend , any tips on how to avoid failed meetings?"

Can happen to the best of us.

Hapens to singles, couples, males and females...

While sometimes the mail tennis can get tedious, it probably builds a better foundation.

I did once meet within 4 hours of first contact but that was an exception!

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

We generally meet people initially at large socials and friend's parties and take it from there.

Or we meet people who have been verified by people we know already.

The one time we took a chance on attending a party by unknowns was a bit of a disaster, never again, lesson learned

over a year ago

We have kinda given up on the profile side of things we’ve decided to hide it to many people just winking the hi how are you fed up of it really so we find it better check out the forums most of the people on there seem to be real most and we are in no rush

over a year ago

"how to avoid this? in the last few days we made many appointments to meet people from this website but in all of them people didn’t attend or gaveup at the last minute or simply disappear , apart from the ones that we shamed before the meetings for being a clear “fake profile”

It’s very frustrating to spend money on taxis and drinks waiting for people who don't attend , any tips on how to avoid failed meetings?"

I would say keep chatting and only go for well verified profiles but even this isn't foolproof. Had three well verified people no show for coffee. Two gave excuses, the day for the first and the second two weeks later (despite being messaged, reading them and ignoring it) the third just deleted his profile the morning of the coffee. While it's a massive pain in the hole they've been in the minority thankfully. You just have to take it as it comes so to speak.

over a year ago

That's why I stick to socials and parties and small group meets now. I've spent too many nights alone in a hotel waiting for men to turn up or have them flake at the last moment. It's just how fab is some people are flaky as fuck. I call them the tyre kickers and the dreamers

over a year ago

Hi what about the genuine people looking to meet for a chat or maybe a bit of fun but keep getting overlooked because not verified it cold out here...lol

over a year ago

Time is your best friend. Take it step by step and you'll soon figure out who is fake and whose not.

Men will say and agree to anything once they're horny. A lot of the time these lads are just looking for a wank, and that's that.

They like the idea of a meet but if it came to it there's little chance they'd show up. I'd always suggest a video chat first, if there too shy for that then it's very unlikely they'll meet.

Best of luck

By *itIrishCplCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I was supposed to meet someone but they will not give a straight answer no matter what I suggest. I think some people get a kick out of the talk of meeting but have no intention of actually doing it "

Pity we didn’t become aware of you before we were in cork last month.

By *ome_wild_girlWoman
over a year ago

Antrim Town

" Hi what about the genuine people looking to meet for a chat or maybe a bit of fun but keep getting overlooked because not verified it cold out here...lol"

That's what the 'help a fabber out' threads all about.

over a year ago

" Hi what about the genuine people looking to meet for a chat or maybe a bit of fun but keep getting overlooked because not verified it cold out here...lol

That's what the 'help a fabber out' threads all about. "

on the list

over a year ago

I gave one guy a second chance after a cancelled meet the day off and boy did I regret it! After not replying to texts running up to our supposed second meet I cancelled the hotel before they charged me. Few hours later all apologetic with some pathetic excuse... told him where to go. Now I don't give second chances

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

"I gave one guy a second chance after a cancelled meet the day off and boy did I regret it! After not replying to texts running up to our supposed second meet I cancelled the hotel before they charged me. Few hours later all apologetic with some pathetic excuse... told him where to go. Now I don't give second chances"

Know the feeling exactly what happened to me only he left the site just before.....

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I gave one guy a second chance after a cancelled meet the day off and boy did I regret it! After not replying to texts running up to our supposed second meet I cancelled the hotel before they charged me. Few hours later all apologetic with some pathetic excuse... told him where to go. Now I don't give second chances

Know the feeling exactly what happened to me only he left the site just before....."

Sorry to hear you've been let down.

Had you met these guys socially prior to organising a meet?

By *educer999Man
over a year ago

Naas

It will never change on here. The bad guys get the meets and fuk up and the nice guys can't even get a reply or a coffee meet. Lmao

over a year ago

"It will never change on here. The bad guys get the meets and fuk up and the nice guys can't even get a reply or a coffee meet. Lmao"

Bad guys only fuck it up for themselves no one else.

By *arry and AnnCouple
over a year ago

Louth

People seem more interested in photo hunting than actual meets

Their loss!

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

" Hi what about the genuine people looking to meet for a chat or maybe a bit of fun but keep getting overlooked because not verified it cold out here...lol

That's what the 'help a fabber out' threads all about. "

These threads are in my opinion very dangerous giving veris to someone that hasn't engaged with you before a posting on a thread where a coffee meet is arranged and the green flag is given to them on little information. People will attend these type meets and then give others the run around when u mail someone and interact with said person u get a feel for them then trusting ur gut u set up a meet social or otherwise and verify even a negitive veri will give the green flag and others can ask to see that veri to help then assess if this person is worth setting time aside to meet

Op go with ur gut and ask others to commit by ways of probally booking the room or traveling to u or at least half way, its a high stakes game we play but when u win the fruits can be so juicy well u know your self

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

"I gave one guy a second chance after a cancelled meet the day off and boy did I regret it! After not replying to texts running up to our supposed second meet I cancelled the hotel before they charged me. Few hours later all apologetic with some pathetic excuse... told him where to go. Now I don't give second chances

Know the feeling exactly what happened to me only he left the site just before.....

Had you met these guys socially prior to organising a meet?"

Ye been chatting a few weeks and met him socially twice each time a few hour's....

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

That's what the 'help a fabber out' threads all about.

These threads are in my opinion very dangerous giving veris to someone that hasn't engaged with you before a posting on a thread where a coffee meet is arranged and the green flag is given to them on little information. People will attend these type meets and then give others the run around when u mail someone and interact with said person u get a feel for them then trusting ur gut u set up a meet social or otherwise and verify even a negitive veri will give the green flag and others can ask to see that veri to help then assess if this person is worth setting time aside to meet

Op go with ur gut and ask others to commit by ways of probally booking the room or traveling to u or at least half way, its a high stakes game we play but when u win the fruits can be so juicy well u know your self "

I've asked a few times about the everyone welcome socials or helping fabber meetups and specifically what precautions are taken and been shot down for my opinion.

Regardless, I'm genuinely curious when a number of former fabbers who have repeatedly been removed from chat groups for following women home, using other people's homes for meets when there as a tradesperson or just for predatory behaviour have been verified at some of these helpful socials.

If the organisers of these events either can't see or don't want to see how these gatherings are being abused that's their problem but the consequences are that a number of predators have been legitamised once again and it's not surprising to see them up to their old tricks again.

over a year ago

Had you met these guys socially prior to organising a meet?"

I hadn't, so now that is a requirement

over a year ago

"We have found by taking our time getting to know people through messaging radically reduces the risk of a no show.

If we are gonna be fucked around we want it to be around the bedroom. "

Regardless,that still does not guarantee that the person may show up

By *itIrishCplCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

If we are gonna be fucked around we want it to be around the bedroom.

Regardless,that still does not guarantee that the person may show up "

No it of course not but as we say it lessens the chances. We’ve only been ghosted once in our time on the scene.

By *otass and scorpioCouple
over a year ago

limerick cork tipperary clare waterford

[Removed by poster at 06/07/22 21:12:53]

over a year ago

"We generally meet people initially at large socials and friend's parties and take it from there.

The one time we took a chance on attending a party by unknowns was a bit of a disaster, never again, lesson learned "

was hardly the party we met ye guys at was it ? Lol

By *erYnnMan
over a year ago

Drogheda

Don't understand why guys would bother making contact in the first instance, if they are not going to be genuinely committed..!

By *inion42Man
over a year ago

minionland

I can’t believe the amount of flakies on the site, either meet or don’t, or in an another analogy land on the runway or f@€& off, takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory.

I very rarely message too many people to be honest, as the thousands of single fellas indeed blur into the sea of repetition.

Cadburys must be having a field day on this site with the amount of flakes around

over a year ago

"I gave one guy a second chance after a cancelled meet the day off and boy did I regret it! After not replying to texts running up to our supposed second meet I cancelled the hotel before they charged me. Few hours later all apologetic with some pathetic excuse... told him where to go. Now I don't give second chances"

Yes, know the feeling...I don't give 2nd chances anymore!!

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

"We generally meet people initially at large socials and friend's parties and take it from there.

The one time we took a chance on attending a party by unknowns was a bit of a disaster, never again, lesson learned was hardly the party we met ye guys at was it ? Lol "

Yep, ye were the only good thing about it

Still in shock about how the hosts behaved

By *ChunkyCockMan
over a year ago

East

No cheap in hotels at the mo!

over a year ago

The one time we took a chance on attending a party by unknowns was a bit of a disaster, never again, lesson learned was hardly the party we met ye guys at was it ? Lol

Yep, ye were the only good thing about it

Still in shock about how the hosts behaved "

same here never had it happen before ….. or since then either … ye made it a good night for us too … if it wasn’t for ye it was a total disaster of a night lol

over a year ago

We went through the same situation

By *eijaWoman
over a year ago

City Centre

Unfortunately, these days this happens a lot.

Best thing to do is only meet verified profiles. Check the veris and see if any of your friends have already met them. If they have it's usually a good sign.

But even better get to a social - such a great way of connecting with future potential meets

Best of luck OP

B xx

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

I made the effort to listen to the illuminating Vanilla to Vixen podcast, which gave some useful perspectives about how the lifestyle and sites have changed: couples have been replaced by a lot of singles, particularly impatient (younger) men, many of whom are using this site for dates.

By *oulernerMan
over a year ago

Dublin City

Unfortunately most people that are taking this seriously have been on the receiving end of a no-show. It's always a bummer, especially when they hype you up, you're already all dressed up and on your way since the meeting spot is about half an hour away and then they cancel for a stupid reason.

This is why many prefer the socials, and it's why having lots of verifications matter - which is unfortunate for people without a lot of them.

As others have posted, there are of course methods to filter out most of the likely no-shows, but I guess you can never be 100% sure

By *illbillMan
over a year ago

dublin

Try to reply to the genuine ones. Look at verifications

By *ittlekinks38Woman
over a year ago

outside belfast x

It happens unfortunately whether you've know them months or years sometimes they just have too many options...some are just getting off on all the chat and pics they get sent and that's all it'll be with them! It's nice to chat and get a nice repore with ppl before it comes to anything sexual! Sure takes time to out the time wasters x

By *am74Man
over a year ago

inbetween north west ,sligo ,galway

Yous are meeting the wrong people.

By *irthBrooksMan
over a year ago

Ashbourne

Was contacted & asked to do social meet first, drove there & after 10 mins no show, messaged me to say "sorry got held up". 10 mins later messaged me to ask "what you into"? I messaged to say you're not coming are you? I just got a message back of "Lol".

Ffs, very annoying, have you nothing better to be doing with your time??

By *ittlekinks38Woman
over a year ago

outside belfast x

"Was contacted & asked to do social meet first, drove there & after 10 mins no show, messaged me to say "sorry got held up". 10 mins later messaged me to ask "what you into"? I messaged to say you're not coming are you? I just got a message back of "Lol".

Ffs, very annoying, have you nothing better to be doing with your time??"

That's just rude ... these things need planned! Some ppl just no respect for others...

over a year ago

"Was contacted & asked to do social meet first, drove there & after 10 mins no show, messaged me to say "sorry got held up". 10 mins later messaged me to ask "what you into"? I messaged to say you're not coming are you? I just got a message back of "Lol".

Ffs, very annoying, have you nothing better to be doing with your time??"

That sounds like a complete troll. Had you been chatting long

By *asual_eyesMan
over a year ago

Sallins/Naas

I have to admit I will never understand the windups and no shows. For me I like the thrill of meeting new people, for a social or otherwise. You might have chatted in a few messages or on the phone before hand, but you can not beat an person meet to sound things out.

Sorry to OP, indeed to anyone, having bad luck with it all.

By *irthBrooksMan
over a year ago

Ashbourne

Ffs, very annoying, have you nothing better to be doing with your time??

That sounds like a complete troll. Had you been chatting long"

Unfortunately yes

Post new Message to Thread