Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Gentleminions

Jump to newest

By *r_Insatiable666 OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

I hate the name but I can kinda give an inside view to how this started and why. It's to do with American Psycho, if you watched it, this all makes sense.

It's kind of a modern counter culture where men have to learn to value themselves first by dressing up well, going to the gym and acting like Patrick Bateman.

As far as I can tell, the original plan was for the barbie movie in 2023 because they've an obsession with certain male actors/characters.

Now there is a lot of bad in the community as well, not nice opinions of women and other men.

But I wanna know, what do you guys think about the trend? Is it good? Bad? Grey?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Huh?

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Well some cinema's in The UK have banned them and had to refund a lot of money to families

No different to Clockwork Orange when that came out

If they act the bollox they deserve to get thrown out

By *indenMan
over a year ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

"Huh?"

This…

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"Huh?

This…"

Yeah, me too - what?!

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Huh?

This…

Yeah, me too - what?! "

Actually had a briefing about them in work.....still tells ye nothing I know

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I hate the name but I can kinda give an inside view to how this started and why. It's to do with American Psycho, if you watched it, this all makes sense.

It's kind of a modern counter culture where men have to learn to value themselves first by dressing up well, going to the gym and acting like Patrick Bateman.

As far as I can tell, the original plan was for the barbie movie in 2023 because they've an obsession with certain male actors/characters.

Now there is a lot of bad in the community as well, not nice opinions of women and other men.

But I wanna know, what do you guys think about the trend? Is it good? Bad? Grey?"

The Gentleminions trend is just kids who wanted to dress up in suits and go see the new Minions film and pose like Gru from that meme of him unveiling his plan. Its nothing to do with American Psycho, you're overthinking this.

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS
over a year ago

Dublin

Twas on the Joe Duffy show today

Post new Message to Thread