Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Flight Cancellation/Delay Compensation eu261

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I understand this is a weird place to post this but a few friends that have gotten delayed/cancellations recently on flights.

Just relaying the message of the EU261 law that you can be due compensation from the airline if:

Your flight is cancelled

Your flight is delayed

It ranges from 250e to 600e.

Just passing on the message.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ezoMan
over a year ago

The Kingdom

"I understand this is a weird place to post this but a few friends that have gotten delayed/cancellations recently on flights.

Just relaying the message of the EU261 law that you can be due compensation from the airline if:

Your flight is cancelled

Your flight is delayed

Just passing on the message."

Oh, this is good to know.

Will look into this as have had people I know had their flights cancelled recently and another flying out hoping not to be cancelled.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Dropped family at Terminal 1 at 12 noon today

They rang me 25 minutes later after passing through security including 2 big suit cases being dropped at check in desk...so its not all bad...all of the time

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Know someone who flew to Tenerife yesterday, 2 suitcases vanished without a trace, this is very common now

By *nquisitive ladyWoman
over a year ago

meath

"Know someone who flew to Tenerife yesterday, 2 suitcases vanished without a trace, this is very common now "

Have you seen Heathrows large pile of suitcases that haven't been reunited with their owners

By *ofistimacatedMan
over a year ago

cavan town

"I understand this is a weird place to post this but a few friends that have gotten delayed/cancellations recently on flights.

Your flight is cancelled

Your flight is delayed

It doesn't end up that much with ryanair after deductions Sure you know yourself how it goes

Print off compensation form -€30

Get them to print it -€50

Priority payout -€50

Dont want priority payout -€30 If all the money doesn't fit in the designated money compartment I.e your wallet, pay for an extra wallet -€50

Then you have to walk the whole way to the other side of the airport to collect your money -€50

By *ofistimacatedMan
over a year ago

cavan town

I think it depends on the length of the flight too, or at least it did. I got a refund a few years ago after spending 15hrs in Dublin airport for a flight to Iceland that never came.

We got €200 each because it was under 1500kms away if it was over 1500kms we would have got €500.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Fly shannon it takes fifteen mins carpark to depature loungehttps://m.independent.ie/life/travel/ireland/stress-free-shannon-airport-provides-the-perfect-alternative-to-dublins-queues-chaos-and-tears-41815576.html

By *onty_400Man
over a year ago

dublin

I had a flight cancelled a few years back. I was flying with Emirates thank God so I was very well looked after for the 5 nights it took to get a new flight

I had been backpacking for 16 weeks before that so was broke and very very grateful to Emirates for looking after me

By *acob12369Man
over a year ago

URPANTS

Your flight is cancelled

Your flight is delayed

All depends why flight is canceled. If flight is canceled for something like say ATC strike or bad weather, airline doesn't have to pay combo.

Just arrived back to dublin airport today, baggage hall a mess with stacked up bags.

Post new Message to Thread