Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Just a thought

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When you look back to when you or ye were younger have ye got to where you or thought you or ye would get too or have you or ye got to where ye wanted to get too or have ye done more than expected just a thought

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ofistimacatedMan
over a year ago

cavan town

This is officially the most thought provoking thread I've read on fab, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing na it's a good thing.

Not sure exactly where I wanted to be when I was younger, but I'm happy now that I'm here and that's more than enough for me. I have achieved a lot of goals that I am very proud of, and working on others that I may not achieve but I'll enjoy the ride all the same.

In summary, don't worry, be happy

over a year ago

"This is officially the most thought provoking thread I've read on fab, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing na it's a good thing.

Not sure exactly where I wanted to be when I was younger, but I'm happy now that I'm here and that's more than enough for me. I have achieved a lot of goals that I am very proud of, and working on others that I may not achieve but I'll enjoy the ride all the same.

In summary, don't worry, be happy

"

Same as hence the thread

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

I've completely trodden off the path

But hey, life's all right

over a year ago

"I've completely trodden off the path

But hey, life's all right "

That’s where we are

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I guess it depends on what point I look back from.

In my teens and really early 20s I was a fucking idiot (yes yes nothing has changed I know) and wouldn't have thought I'd go anywhere.

I'm still probably in a better place I life than I thought I would be even when I stopped being a complete fucking idiot

over a year ago

I’m constantly in a motion of regret. I don’t have courage, I have confidence but not courage. I’ll continue to live in a bubble that’s not where I really want to be.

By *affa31Woman
over a year ago

Galway

I went completely rogue on the plan I had. I definitely have regrets but I do my best not to let them impact my life now.

I’m not where I wanted to be but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

over a year ago

In some ways I've done what wasnt considered possible in others I've not done as much as expected so I guess it balanced out a bit.

Shorty

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Ah sure look"

"We are where we are"

"Isn't that it?"

"It is what it is"

All the clichés work for me.

over a year ago

Professionally I've exceeded any dreams or expectations I ever had, only in the last couple of years mind.

Personally I wanted someone to be by my side and was frustrated for most of my life at not finding that person. The last couple of years I've come to realize I am meant to be alone and have embraced it.

Life begins at 50

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Never had a blueprint or a guidebook. I turn over one page at a time and that's where I am.

By *oudiniHMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Similar to poster above.

Completely exceeded all expectations. I expected to be in a menial construction job working long hours for mediocre money.

I have achieved so much more in such a short space. Sometimes when stresses from work life get in on me I Wish I had of stuck to the path set out for me hahah

over a year ago

I try not to think too much about what I had planned in the past as the past is exactly that. I'm happy enough where I am in life regards my family etc. I wasn't expecting it but here I am so fuck it.

over a year ago

I had no plans, life has had many challenges, but I'm pretty happy with who and where I am right now, creaky bits notwithstanding

By *ensualandslow321Man
over a year ago

Tullamore

I am quite happy with the way my life turned out. My 3 sons are happy in their chosen professions and are all with good strong women. I love where Iive and am healthy. Lost some people in the last year or two, some went far too early. Never really had a plan but overall very happy with the cards I've been dealt.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Life has definitely taken me in a different path than I thought it would.But I'm happy enough with where it has taken me and I tend not to look back and think what if .I find it's a waste of time and energy.

over a year ago

"I guess it depends on what point I look back from.

In my teens and really early 20s I was a fucking idiot (yes yes nothing has changed I know) and wouldn't have thought I'd go anywhere.

I'm still probably in a better place I life than I thought I would be even when I stopped being a complete fucking idiot"

I couldn’t even begin to tell you how much of a messer he was when we were younger and a lot of people didn’t think that we would get to where we got to but l suppose I’m and he’s happy where we are

over a year ago

"I’m constantly in a motion of regret. I don’t have courage, I have confidence but not courage. I’ll continue to live in a bubble that’s not where I really want to be."

Never regret life’s for living courage will come when you need it

By *ed just RedWoman
over a year ago

Dublin City

On fab or in real life?

Either way, nothing is what I thought it would be.

over a year ago

"On fab or in real life?

Either way, nothing is what I thought it would be."

In life it self really we’ve been through a lot of shite on our journey together but I don’t think we would have got through it without one another at different times

By *otorman20021Man
over a year ago

East Cork

My life has taken a fairly dramatic turn from the path I had envisaged but look silver and linings and all, I found fab in the mean time so as the saying goes “it is what it is” and you just have to get on with it and keep moving forward.

over a year ago

"My life has taken a fairly dramatic turn from the path I had envisaged but look silver and linings and all, I found fab in the mean time so as the saying goes “it is what it is” and you just have to get on with it and keep moving forward. "

Agree with you

over a year ago

Lately I've lived by something I read a while ago....

"You only need to impress 2 people in your life, 10 year old you and 80 Year old you"

I'd either of them can look at you now would they be proud of you........if the answer is yes then that's all you need.

over a year ago

"Lately I've lived by something I read a while ago....

"You only need to impress 2 people in your life, 10 year old you and 80 Year old you"

I'd either of them can look at you now would they be proud of you........if the answer is yes then that's all you need. "

Maybe not for him from 18-22 but he turned out to be a great dad and a great friend

Post new Message to Thread