Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

How to handle a 14hr flight

Jump to newest

By *rank7737 OP   Man
over a year ago

Hey everyone bit of a funny one here and I'm no stranger to long flights to the United States Boston New York & Florida but next Thursday morning 7th July I'm flying to the Caribbean and its going to be a long one so the question is what is the longest flight you have ever taken? As this 14hr flight will be my longest so far.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ensualandslow321Man
over a year ago

Tullamore

Flew to NZ via Hong kong, 12 hours to HK with a 3 hour stopover then another 12 hours to Auckland. It was feckin long. Hope you are flying through the night, I'd definitely recommend taking a sleeping tablet, I take one for any flight over 8 hours, you get off the plane feeling brand new. Have a good trip

By *rank7737 OP   Man
over a year ago

"Flew to NZ via Hong kong, 12 hours to HK with a 3 hour stopover then another 12 hours to Auckland. It was feckin long. Hope you are flying through the night, I'd definitely recommend taking a sleeping tablet, I take one for any flight over 8 hours, you get off the plane feeling brand new. Have a good trip"

Yeah it's a red eye flight on the way home via Gatwick so it should be a little bit quicker with the transatlantic winds pushing the way out is a morning flight also. But yeah a sleeping tablet might be handy on the way over lol

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Yer a little show off op: Uuuuhhh look at me I'm going to the Caribbean! Enjoy!

Longest flight was Rome to Singapore, 12 hours, never again, coming back also always seems way longer than going there.

Only travelling in and around Europe now, it safes you the bit that you have to recover from your holidays.

By *rank7737 OP   Man
over a year ago

"Yer a little show off op: Uuuuhhh look at me I'm going to the Caribbean! Enjoy!

Longest flight was Rome to Singapore, 12 hours, never again, coming back also always seems way longer than going there.

Only travelling in and around Europe now, it safes you the bit that you have to recover from your holidays. "

Haha stop no showing off here lol I'm groomsman for my friends wedding other than that i wouldn't be going near such a long flight

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

comfortable woolly socks, neck pillow *if* the plane hasn't got side adjustable headrests, a seat as far forward as possible (less traffic), avoid any seat near toilet/galley, drinking bottle as its a PITA getting up to refill your glass and NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES - best investment *ever*

Never bothered with pills. Nice glass of wine perhaps?

By *exesrangerMan
over a year ago

city

Sleep for as much of it as possible and watch a couple of movies and eat some beautiful airline dinners and maybe whack one out in the toilet if your feeling that was inclined

By *inxnmasterCouple
over a year ago

naughty valley

use the business class , well worth it

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS
over a year ago

Dublin

Flew to Chile from Germany. Think it was 13 hours

By *mmakWoman
over a year ago

Town

A good face mask as flights often dry out the skin.

over a year ago

My longest was 13 hours or so to Mexico and California. I was pregnant early days going to Mexico so slept the whole way on baby sleeping tablet and baby brain lol. The California was two separate flights with only a few minutes in between I barely made the second flight due to a delay on the first one. No sleeping tablets needed there I just watched TV and fell asleep naturally. Enjoy your trip OP.

over a year ago

Done 14 hours to Singapore. Sleep as much as you can and drink plenty of water.

By *rank7737 OP   Man
over a year ago

"comfortable woolly socks, neck pillow *if* the plane hasn't got side adjustable headrests, a seat as far forward as possible (less traffic), avoid any seat near toilet/galley, drinking bottle as its a PITA getting up to refill your glass and NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES - best investment *ever*

Never bothered with pills. Nice glass of wine perhaps?"

This as I'm on the look out for a good set of headphones and i was thinking that i might wait until i get to duty-free ar Gatwick next Thursday morning as ive a few hrs to kill there before my next flight. Do you have any recommendations for headphones around the €130/€150 mark?

By *rank7737 OP   Man
over a year ago

"Done 14 hours to Singapore. Sleep as much as you can and drink plenty of water. "

Cheers i always find it difficult getting comfortable on long haul flights as I'm 6.3 which doesn't help but i'll be asking for the extra leg room seats where i check-in lol

By *ezoMan
over a year ago

The Kingdom

Longest I flew was from Dublin to Nevada.

Advise I have always received, take your shoes off during the flight.

Only real issue I have had is the food and the movies not that great or missing bits.

over a year ago

Few beers sleeper and you’ll be woken up by a dream your there enjoy your trip haha

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Lots of water; no alcohol and get up and walk around if possible.

If you have circulation problems get tight socks.

Longest flight I ever did was Moscow to Khabarovsk, near Vladivostok in the Russian Far East, on the Amur river just across from China.

By *ezoMan
over a year ago

The Kingdom

"Lots of water; no alcohol and get up and walk around if possible.

If you have circulation problems get tight socks.

"

That's odd. I knew of someone with poor circulation in their feet and the doctor, a Podiatrists, told then to get loose socks for flights.

Post new Message to Thread