Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Car Insurance

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So frustrating, say you have two cars and you want to keep with same company. Then they send you quote and it’s higher. You go to another company and it’s way lower. Then you have to change and sort proof of no claims.

Why can’t I just insure myself to drive a car? I can only drive one car. It’s then impossible to get to talk to a company representative. Every year it causes me to get cross!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That's one end of the stick. The other end keeps me content. SAVING money year on year

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"So frustrating, say you have two cars and you want to keep with same company. Then they send you quote and it’s higher. You go to another company and it’s way lower. Then you have to change and sort proof of no claims.

Why can’t I just insure myself to drive a car? I can only drive one car. It’s then impossible to get to talk to a company representative. Every year it causes me to get cross!!"

I always get the proof of no claims bonus sent with the renewal quote as far as I remember...I'm sure I'll find out soon as I'm due for renewal shortly.

But I feel your pain - nothing more frustrating than changing contracts, no matter if it's any kind of insurance, phone, electric but it pays off...

I do always wonder how these companies don't value customer loyalty. At this stage, they won't even price match to keep your custom...

By *r_Insatiable666Man
over a year ago

Cork

I've got my insurance down to an acceptable number for me, but I make an effort to haggle them down every time.

The worst one in my opinion is the electricity because it's a lot more annoying to move. While I do like haggling to save, I know some people get basically robbed

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I use a broker. Can't be bothered with all the renewing hassle and it's cheap

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"So frustrating, say you have two cars and you want to keep with same company. Then they send you quote and it’s higher. You go to another company and it’s way lower. Then you have to change and sort proof of no claims.

Why can’t I just insure myself to drive a car? I can only drive one car. It’s then impossible to get to talk to a company representative. Every year it causes me to get cross!!"

Because insurance,, like many industries in ireland is a monopoly

By *rkkidMan
over a year ago

Cork

A pain in the arse devoting 1 morning each year to ring around for a overpriced quote, to then ring them back saying you got a better quote and then they can somehow match it

In my experience it does save you money in doing so

By *aving_great_funMan
over a year ago

London

"That's one end of the stick. The other end keeps me content. SAVING money year on year"

Now that's a positive attitude. Paying away premiums to an insurance company that will never cover you in the event of an accident.

By *ildGroverMan
over a year ago

rathfarnham

Why can’t I just insure myself to drive a car? I can only drive one car. It’s then impossible to get to talk to a company representative. Every year it causes me to get cross!!

Because insurance,, like many industries in ireland is a monopoly "

You mean a cartel (no pun intended)

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"That's one end of the stick. The other end keeps me content. SAVING money year on year

Now that's a positive attitude. Paying away premiums to an insurance company that will never cover you in the event of an accident."

MiBi sorted me out.hit by uninsured driver.

Post new Message to Thread