Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Impossible to get a reply

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just looking for a bit of advice finding it hard to get a reply off ppl . Im respectful and genuine suppose ill just keep trying

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ealmc1973Man
over a year ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipperary

You are writing to the wrong people so If they have read your message and no reply...think of it as 'no interest'

over a year ago

"You are writing to the wrong people so If they have read your message and no reply...think of it as 'no interest'"

Ye thats true lots dont even read it probs due to the amount of messages they get

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don’t send much messages but I have noticed the forums gone a bit quieter which might suggest less people online lately, this might also be a reason why your not getting much replies

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

"Just looking for a bit of advice finding it hard to get a reply off ppl . Im respectful and genuine suppose ill just keep trying "

Can I ask why you would continue messaging when it clearly isn't working?

Plenty of better ways to get noticed here.

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

"You are writing to the wrong people so If they have read your message and no reply...think of it as 'no interest'

Ye thats true lots dont even read it probs due to the amount of messages they get "

I don't get many messages mabey a handful, if im not interested i won't reply,it's the same if i message anyone if they don't reply i take it as there not interested.....

By *adhatter and coCouple
over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

No reply means no interest basically

over a year ago

My thing with posts like this is when people say they are genuine and respectful like that shouldn't be the barest of minimums on here.

Take more pics and maybe rewrite your bio it's a bit jumbled.

over a year ago

"Just looking for a bit of advice finding it hard to get a reply off ppl . Im respectful and genuine suppose ill just keep trying

"

i wouldnt message someone again if they didnt reply i take it as there not interested ...so what yould you recommend to get more attention

over a year ago

It’s all about being noticed on here Pics, forums, chat rooms, status updates etc

over a year ago

"My thing with posts like this is when people say they are genuine and respectful like that shouldn't be the barest of minimums on here.

"

cheers for the advice

By *acob12369Man
over a year ago

URPANTS

Ur cock is too big i reckon....

Maybe put up a better profile pic. I never reply to anyone with a pussy pic up as profile pic

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

"Just looking for a bit of advice finding it hard to get a reply off ppl . Im respectful and genuine suppose ill just keep trying

i wouldnt message someone again if they didnt reply i take it as there not interested ...so what yould you recommend to get more attention "

So glad you asked

Have a read of this but it's only my opinion https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/1293198

By *ackandsashaCouple
over a year ago

West Dublin

Your profile looks fine, though maybe some more pics might help.

Interaction on forums does help too. Good luck.

over a year ago

To me it’s frustrating the many messages I've sent that are in yellow. Some of them weeks :/

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin

"Just looking for a bit of advice finding it hard to get a reply off ppl . Im respectful and genuine suppose ill just keep trying "

Have you tried sending dick pics?

over a year ago

If you send a message and they don't read it and have been online just delete the sent message from your mailbox that way you can't keep checking. I've seen some women with 200s of nessages in their mailbox, so make an effort in a message if you want to stand out.

If I get a message I check out the profile before I even read the message if they not for me by their profile I just delete the message.

Your profile is your shop window you need to entice us in

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"To me it’s frustrating the many messages I've sent that are in yellow. Some of them weeks :/"

Delete the message once sent...then you won't worry about it anymore

over a year ago

Thanks everyone one for the advice much appreciated ill kep yous posted how i get on

By *1CorkCouple
over a year ago

Cork

Have you tried sending dick pics?"

Guaranteed success!

over a year ago

"To me it’s frustrating the many messages I've sent that are in yellow. Some of them weeks :/

Delete the message once sent...then you won't worry about it anymore "

Not a bad idea actually lol

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"To me it’s frustrating the many messages I've sent that are in yellow. Some of them weeks :/

Not a bad idea actually lol"

A very wise man in cork posted it before...he's taking a break so just posting it since he wont

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

A very wise man in cork posted it before...he's taking a break so just posting it since he wont "

A wise man in Cork

You sure he was from Cork??

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

A very wise man in cork posted it before...he's taking a break so just posting it since he wont

A wise man in Cork

You sure he was from Cork?? "

I knew someone would say it

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

A wise man in Cork

I knew someone would say it "

Bleedin' Corkonians, just know-it-alls

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

Wicklow

i wouldnt message someone again if they didnt reply i take it as there not interested ...so what yould you recommend to get more attention "

Go to a pub, cafe, and chat to a real live human. Much more interesting and youll have a higher response rate.

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Why are you sending messages? Stand out from the crowd let them message you.

You are verified so you are doing a lot better then most. Use that to your advantage and get to parties and M&G. You'll make more of an impression in 10 mins in person than months mailing

over a year ago

A wise man in Cork

I knew someone would say it

Bleedin' Corkonians, just know-it-alls "

Correction

Some THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL ! !

Be rude to mention who lol

By *XlalaXXWoman
over a year ago

tipperary

its actually soul destroying on here

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

I had the privilege of being a fabministrator/sexcetrary to a female friend yesterday

Cleared 207 messages

There were 5 that deserved a response imo

Numerous were super short , asking if this lady was having fun on fab , wanted to meet for fun etc and nothing else

Many were repeat messages with no response

A waste of time for all parties

Kik, socials and the forum seem like a far better way of connecting tbh

over a year ago

"Just looking for a bit of advice finding it hard to get a reply off ppl . Im respectful and genuine suppose ill just keep trying its actually soul destroying on here "

If anyone's soul is being destroyed on here they should really move on

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I had the privilege of being a fabministrator/sexcetrary to a female friend yesterday

Cleared 207 messages

Numerous were super short , asking if this lady was having fun on fab , wanted to meet for fun etc and nothing else

Kik, socials and the forum seem like a far better way of connecting tbh "

Nice to hear the male perspective on what comes in to a single woman's profile.

It gives an idea of the ratio of those messages which are a little different, better thought out or original (whether anyone thinks it's response worthy is a different question!). I mean that's what? - 2-3% of messages which you think "deserved" a reply. I so wonder whether your friend thought the same!

over a year ago

"My thing with posts like this is when people say they are genuine and respectful like that shouldn't be the barest of minimums on here.

Take more pics and maybe rewrite your bio it's a bit jumbled."

The Fab whisperer…. We have got our very own Hitch here everyone

over a year ago

"I had the privilege of being a fabministrator/sexcetrary to a female friend yesterday

Cleared 207 messages

Kik, socials and the forum seem like a far better way of connecting tbh "

I wonder if you asked the 90% of guys who never see a message come in would they take that

over a year ago

The Fab whisperer…. We have got our very own Hitch here everyone "

Did you mean Snitch

over a year ago

Did you mean Snitch "

That would be a really clever post is Snitch ment anything in context

By *hett and scarlettCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

I know that we exchanged message recently. Being honest, can’t remember what they were but we replied which means that it couldn’t have been too bad.

Fab is playing the numbers to a degree, but you don’t have to play every number. A bespoke and light message will do wonders but at the end of the day, couples get a serious amount of messages so don’t take slow/no replies personally

By *ungry CatCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

I wouldn't reply to your messages just because the way I see what you're saying in your profile is "been here before, know the score. I'm not interested in you as a human being, don't expect socials because I wouldn't be seen with other fabbers in public, meet me for sex in private or don't meet me at all"

So no matter how polite and respectful your message would be - I'd pass.

Missus

over a year ago

You have one picture, which is the same as your profile picture. You're on fab 5 months I'm sure you have noticed what goes into a good profile.

Maybe put some effort into your profile rather than taking to the forums to whinge. Also the likelyhood they're just not interested. Which happens. Men and dick are a dime a dozen on here, stand out

Constructive harsh criticism

over a year ago

Definitely rewrite your bio some bits don't really make sense. Also you have not ticked safe sex in interests. That could put some people off.

over a year ago

I mean it's better than acting like a cunt on every thread for a tiny bit of attention I guess "

Dude you’ve been on several forum posts today advising people how to adjust their profile(advising the guy to take better pics not selfies) , no need for the profanities it was said in jest, I meant no harm.

I’ll have you know I get plenty of PM’s here agreeing with my comments, in no way looking for attention here… I get enough of it in the real world, here’s a bit of craic on the forums

over a year ago

I mean it's better than acting like a cunt on every thread for a tiny bit of attention I guess

Dude you’ve been on several forum posts today advising people how to adjust their profile(advising the guy to take better pics not selfies) , no need for the profanities it was said in jest, I meant no harm.

I’ll have you know I get plenty of PM’s here agreeing with my comments, in no way looking for attention here… I get enough of it in the real world, here’s a bit of craic on the forums "

Yip both on threads where the OPs have asked for advice on their profiles.

Sure your not

over a year ago

I mean it's better than acting like a cunt on every thread for a tiny bit of attention I guess

I’ll have you know I get plenty of PM’s here agreeing with my comments, in no way looking for attention here… I get enough of it in the real world, here’s a bit of craic on the forums

Sure your not "

Was joking man… no harm meant.

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman
over a year ago

Magical Forrest

Annnnnd added a few more to the block list

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin

Sure your not

Was joking man… no harm meant."

God Damnit guys, we’re literally here to make love not war

over a year ago

Magical Forrest

Sure your not

God Damnit guys, we’re literally here to make love not war"

A lot never got the memo

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin

Sure your not

A lot never got the memo "

Yeah there’s a few big bad wolves about, mind yourself…

over a year ago

Sure your not

Not many on a swinger site here to make “love” lol. forums should be full of debate and differing opinions it’s healthy, myself and Corklad have disagreed previously but there’s no bad feeling, just differing opinions no need to get out knickers in a twist.

over a year ago

Sure your not

But I've loads of pms telling me make war

over a year ago

Sure your not

A lot never got the memo

Yeah there’s a few big bad wolves about, mind yourself…"

I would be more concerned about the big white knights fishing

over a year ago

Magical Forrest

Sure your not

A lot never got the memo

I would be more concerned about the big white knights fishing "

White knight radar is always on

over a year ago

Sure your not

But I've loads of pms telling me make war "

Imagine how boring this place would be without us. Full of good morning posts

By *exbombABCMan
over a year ago

BLANCHARDSTOWN

Ms Lolly the reason why you don’t get many messages is probably because site supporters can only send you messages. You looking stunning and I’m for sure you’ll get plenty of messages from people if site supporters only was knocked off your profile.

over a year ago

Sure your not

A lot never got the memo

I would be more concerned about the big white knights fishing

White knight radar is always on "

Never doubted it us Ulster folk are tuned different

over a year ago

"Ms Lolly the reason why you don’t get many messages is probably because site supporters can only send you messages. You looking stunning and I’m for sure you’ll get plenty of messages from people if site supporters only was knocked off your profile."

I’d say it’s because she has blocked Manchester United supporters…. Can’t blame here tbh

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Ms Lolly the reason why you don’t get many messages is probably because site supporters can only send you messages. You looking stunning and I’m for sure you’ll get plenty of messages from people if site supporters only was knocked off your profile."

A lot of people use filters to stop getting lots of messages ...Quantity of messages has nothing to do with Quality of the messages

over a year ago

"Ms Lolly the reason why you don’t get many messages is probably because site supporters can only send you messages. You looking stunning and I’m for sure you’ll get plenty of messages from people if site supporters only was knocked off your profile.

A lot of people use filters to stop getting lots of messages ...Quantity of messages has nothing to do with Quality of the messages "

But you have to ask how many have slipped through the net with filters on

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Ms Lolly the reason why you don’t get many messages is probably because site supporters can only send you messages. You looking stunning and I’m for sure you’ll get plenty of messages from people if site supporters only was knocked off your profile.

A lot of people use filters to stop getting lots of messages ...Quantity of messages has nothing to do with Quality of the messages

But you have to ask how many have slipped through the net with filters on "

Using fake information i presume

over a year ago

Using fake information i presume "

Not at all, law of averages from actual real world experience!!! Just because someone is a site supporter they can still be an asshole. You’re probably insulated from all that for OBVIOUS reasons

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin

Not at all, law of averages from actual real world experience!!! Just because someone is a site supporter they can still be an asshole. You’re probably insulated from all that for OBVIOUS reasons "

Take it easy man

You’re lashing out a bit and it’s spoiling the fun for everyone else

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Not at all, law of averages from actual real world experience!!! Just because someone is a site supporter they can still be an asshole. You’re probably insulated from all that for OBVIOUS reasons "

Joke over my head..but its true theres no arsehole filter

over a year ago

"It’s all about being noticed on here Pics, forums, chat rooms, status updates etc "

Well we’ve been on here awhile now and we have been told to put more pics up on our public but if you read a profile and they don’t want what you want then why would you expect a response

over a year ago

Not at all, law of averages from actual real world experience!!! Just because someone is a site supporter they can still be an asshole. You’re probably insulated from all that for OBVIOUS reasons

Joke over my head..but its true theres no arsehole filter "

Vert true, too many on here, but above all the site supporters filter is the most pertinent of all here. If you can’t afford X amount of euros a month you are not worthy of my attention

Think about it…..

over a year ago

Delete the message once sent...then you won't worry about it anymore "

Great advice

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Vert true, too many on here, but above all the site supporters filter is the most pertinent of all here. If you can’t afford X amount of euros a month you are not worthy of my attention

Think about it….."

I know what you're getting at but what about if you don't have site supporters then you don't want your partner seeing it on your credit card bill

over a year ago

Think about it…..

I know what you're getting at but what about if you don't have site supporters then you don't want your partner seeing it on your credit card bill "

If your in together then that shouldn’t matter

over a year ago

Think about it…..

I know what you're getting at but what about if you don't have site supporters then you don't want your partner seeing it on your credit card bill "

There’s more discreet payment methods than credit card here….and alternative prepaid card options.

Have had more success on “dating apps” than here if I’m honest…

over a year ago

Magical Forrest

Think about it…..

I know what you're getting at but what about if you don't have site supporters then you don't want your partner seeing it on your credit card bill

There’s more discreet payment methods than credit card here….and alternative prepaid card options.

Have had more success on “dating apps” than here if I’m honest… "

Say hello the dating apps from me

By *ungry CatCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

Think about it….."

I see it as a great filter to get less messages overall, and also less faff messages from fake accounts and people who might be more likely to be flakes.

Nothing to do with being able to afford any amount of euros.

People who choose this filter aren't on commission.

Missus

over a year ago

Think about it…..

"

I might expand my distance range… although it may be easier here to say hello!!

over a year ago

Think about it…..

I see it as a great filter to get less messages overall, and also less faff messages from fake accounts and people who might be more likely to be flakes.

Missus "

No doubting your valid points… but if you were out in a club, and you seen people behind a rope and the only way you could talk to those people, regardless if you are attractive or even liked their personality you had to pay for their attention… what does that say ? Not someone I’d like to be associated with anyway

over a year ago

Think about it…..

"

Ouch you’re the other side of the rope

By *ungry CatCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

Think about it…..

Missus

No doubting your valid points… but if you were out in a club, and you seen people behind a rope and the only way you could talk to those people, regardless if you are attractive or even liked their personality you had to pay for their attention… what does that say ? Not someone I’d like to be associated with anyway "

If I was at the club and a hundred strangers were all trying to talk to me at all times by just repeatedly saying "hi, looking fun? Hi, hi how are you, hi, hi any fun? Hi, hi, hello, hi, hi sexy, hi, cocks throbbing, hey" like a mob of zombies, damn right I'd be rushing behind that rope and the curtains and whatever other barriers there might be.

At least I'd know there will be less of those zombies to deal with.

Very logical step if you ask me.

Missus

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Think about it…..

Missus

No doubting your valid points… but if you were out in a club, and you seen people behind a rope and the only way you could talk to those people, regardless if you are attractive or even liked their personality you had to pay for their attention… what does that say ? Not someone I’d like to be associated with anyway "

But you've paid into the club

over a year ago

Keep the faith man it will happen , but of patience needed is what I’ve learned

over a year ago

Think about it…..

Missus

No doubting your valid points… but if you were out in a club, and you seen people behind a rope and the only way you could talk to those people, regardless if you are attractive or even liked their personality you had to pay for their attention… what does that say ? Not someone I’d like to be associated with anyway

But you've paid into the club "

Yes but I would still be on the same level as everyone else…

By *ungry CatCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

Think about it…..

Missus

Yes but I would still be on the same level as everyone else… "

Some clubs have vip areas. Do you have a problem with people who pay for vip tickets too?

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Think about it…..

Missus

Do you think supporters are on a higher level than those that aren't....there's reasons to pay the few Euro extra ...see video's,

See who's looked at you

By *on655Man
over a year ago

Bronte

Why not ask some ladies or couples on fab for some advice on how to improve your profile? That’s what I did, now In saying that doesn’t mean I’ve met more people from it, but it’s certainly helped me out as my profile has more interactions now since I took on their advice and that’s a start, the rest is on me. Get creative with pictures. Maybe try and host a social event for others in your position, interact more on the forums. Plenty of people whether they be Male, Female, CD or TV willing to help others out when building a profile to lead on from it

By *indenMan
over a year ago

Naas which is South West of Dublin

Think about it…..

Missus

Aland your standard for talking shite on threads has decreased dramatically.

2/10 for this one, must try harder in future.

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

The other advantage for the site supporter element is showing a degree of commitment. It’s very easy to ghost , take your profile into hiding , and not communicate Even though you’ve arranged a meet . The person you’re meeting might be driving across the country to meet you .

If you’re a site supporter it suggests you’re a bit more invested . A fiver a year or whatever it is is not in anyway excluding of anyone financially . it does however give a touch more reassurance that you might actually meet the person you’ve committed time and effort for (plus petrol and money and possibly a non cancellable hotel rate )

over a year ago

"The other advantage for the site supporter element is showing a degree of commitment. It’s very easy to ghost , take your profile into hiding , and not communicate Even though you’ve arranged a meet . The person you’re meeting might be driving across the country to meet you .

If you’re a site supporter it suggests you’re a bit more invested . A fiver a year or whatever it is is not in anyway excluding of anyone financially . it does however give a touch more reassurance that you might actually meet the person you’ve committed time and effort for (plus petrol and money and

possibly a non cancellable hotel rate ) "

Not necessarily. I’ve been a site supporter almost a month and even though I got more access to people reply wise is more or less the same. One problem to me is not having verification and the other I’m guessing there’s a lot of fake profiles. I know the both issues are linked.

over a year ago

There's a bang of bitterness on this thread.

over a year ago

"There's a bang of bitterness on this thread. "

Lol Could be but something it feels a little bit like that here.

over a year ago

"There's a bang of bitterness on this thread.

Lol Could be but something it feels a little bit like that here. "

I was single guy here years ago and I wouldn't whinge like some have on this thread. "oh I can't get a meet because of this, this and this". Some would do well to check their attitude and see if that's the reason they get no where. (Not directed at the OP)

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I've been a successful single guy on here. You don't have to be great looking or have a 6 pack. Normal guys with good attitudes can make it.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

I send messages to myself.

I never reply though. Fuck that shit!

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

There are a lot of filters available as optional extras on here.

The "Whinge" comes in a handy unisex one size fits all version.

over a year ago

Ah I see the “few” acquaintances are out circling this morning

over a year ago

I was single guy here years ago and I wouldn't whinge like some have on this thread. "oh I can't get a meet because of this, this and this". Some would do well to check their attitude and see if that's the reason they get no where. (Not directed at the OP) "

I’m sure that attitude matters. But I’d say that sometimes you aren’t lucky lol. I just can speak for

Myself and of course I tried to be nice when I’m messaging. I think this is a man problem caused by too many of us sending messages at the same time lol.

over a year ago

"I've been a successful single guy on here. You don't have to be great looking or have a 6 pack. Normal guys with good attitudes can make it. "

Anyone ca make it. I’ve spoke with guys here that they think they are great and they’re having lots of action.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"I've been a successful single guy on here. You don't have to be great looking or have a 6 pack. Normal guys with good attitudes can make it.

Anyone ca make it. I’ve spoke with guys here that they think they are great and they’re having lots of action."

I wouldn't say anyone. I'd say male singles need to be 5+/10, be clean, and be able to communicate. The rest is attitude and experience.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I was single guy here years ago and I wouldn't whinge like some have on this thread. "oh I can't get a meet because of this, this and this". Some would do well to check their attitude and see if that's the reason they get no where. (Not directed at the OP)

I’m sure that attitude matters. But I’d say that sometimes you aren’t lucky lol. I just can speak for

Myself and of course I tried to be nice when I’m messaging. I think this is a man problem caused by too many of us sending messages at the same time lol. "

That's not an issue because if people don't want a load of mail they can use filters to cut most if not all of it out .

Inconsistencies between what is said in profiles on here and in PM's can often be a red flag to people in fact there are a load of reasons why people don't reply or meet others .Being nice in messages and that covers everyone should be the norm not seen as as a bonus. And those that aren't will just get deleted anyhow .

over a year ago

Myself and of course I tried to be nice when I’m messaging. I think this is a man problem caused by too many of us sending messages at the same time lol.

That's not an issue because if people don't want a load of mail they can use filters to cut most if not all of it out .

Inconsistencies between what is said in profiles on here and in PM's can often be a red flag to people in fact there are a load of reasons why people don't reply or meet others .Being nice in messages and that covers everyone should be the norm not seen as as a bonus. And those that aren't will just get deleted anyhow ."

Yeah all what you said is true. And is also true that sometimes you are in a bad luck lol.

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

[Removed by poster at 25/05/22 10:03:41]

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

[Removed by poster at 25/05/22 10:06:08]

over a year ago

"You are writing to the wrong people so If they have read your message and no reply...think of it as 'no interest'

Ye thats true lots dont even read it probs due to the amount of messages they get

I don't get many messages mabey a handful, if im not interested i won't reply,it's the same if i message anyone if they don't reply i take it as there not interested....."

That explains my 650 unread messages so...

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

-------

If you can imagine a woman or couple here getting 200+ messages a day with "Hi" followed by a bland message. The chances are slim that they'll open the message, let alone read it and reply

Now a photo that stands out (without being a dick pic ) with a good opener and a catchy message ups your chances of getting a reply...

Even then, there are no givens so patience, persistence and positivity without being a prat pays off!

(*3rd time lucky! )

Post new Message to Thread