Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Is it just semantics?

Jump to newest

By *olves at bay OP   Couple
over a year ago

cork

I'm just wondering.

Is it swinging when you're a single person on here or being a casual sex enthusiast? I'm leaning towards enthusiast myself.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you single how can it be Swinging ...I like the term Enthusiast...certainly those on Fab like that Alternate Sex life from the norm

over a year ago

When I was young it was just riding, don't know where all this need for high-falutin labels came from

over a year ago

cork

"If you single how can it be Swinging ...I like the term Enthusiast...certainly those on Fab like that Alternate Sex life from the norm "

Over the years I've met quite a few single people male and female that classed themselves as swingers. Even those who omit relationship status. Some that would go mental if their significant other where to do the same. Tbh it all just made me think

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

So if a couple meets ie a single man they're swinging and the single guy is an enthusiast? Great stuff, ye got to love labels and bundling people into groups to point out the differences...

over a year ago

cork

"When I was young it was just riding, don't know where all this need for high-falutin labels came from"

Being a tribal species. We inherently take on labels. Ever wear a team you support jersey? Or inform your nationality?..county?. But also a desire to attract same. It's nothing new.

over a year ago

I'm not nor never claimed to be swinger.

It's a swingers website which is also used by people for casual non swing sex

over a year ago

"So if a couple meets ie a single man they're swinging and the single guy is an enthusiast? Great stuff, ye got to love labels and bundling people into groups to point out the differences... "

This hierarchy shit turns me

over a year ago

"When I was young it was just riding, don't know where all this need for high-falutin labels came from

Being a tribal species. We inherently take on labels. Ever wear a team you support jersey? Or inform your nationality?..county?. But also a desire to attract same. It's nothing new. "

I wouldn't be seen dead in a sports jersey, where I was born I regard as an accident of birth. As you've just pointed out yourself, the interpretation of "swinging" is so disparate as to render it meaningless anyway.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"So if a couple meets ie a single man they're swinging and the single guy is an enthusiast? Great stuff, ye got to love labels and bundling people into groups to point out the differences...

This hierarchy shit turns me"

yep to both of these comments

By *oulernerMan
over a year ago

Dublin City

I mean even as a single male (which I'm not), you could appreciate the lifestyle and be open for it. That's opposed to someone who wouldn't want that.

I guess as many other things out there, it's a spectrum

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Didn't most people on the forums admit they didn't call themselves swingers on a thread last year

over a year ago

"Didn't most people on the forums admit they didn't call themselves swingers on a thread last year

"

The forum represents a tiny proportion of site users, is it really representative?

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Didn't most people on the forums admit they didn't call themselves swingers on a thread last year

The forum represents a tiny proportion of site users, is it really representative? "

Well only for those on the forums everyone else is too busy riding to be on the forums

over a year ago

The forum represents a tiny proportion of site users, is it really representative?

Well only for those on the forums everyone else is too busy riding to be on the forums "

As opposed to just talking about it

over a year ago

The forum represents a tiny proportion of site users, is it really representative? "

I've actually been elected as single guy spokesman so yes... yes it is

over a year ago

I've actually been elected as single guy spokesman so yes... yes it is"

Christ on a bike, are things really that bad?

over a year ago

cork

"So if a couple meets ie a single man they're swinging and the single guy is an enthusiast? Great stuff, ye got to love labels and bundling people into groups to point out the differences...

This hierarchy shit turns me"

I'm debating on the semantics of it. Nothing to do with hierarchy etc. Neither has lesser value in this than the other. This place would be less fun without the single people in fairness.

By *ungry CatCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

"I'm just wondering.

Is it swinging when you're a single person on here or being a casual sex enthusiast? I'm leaning towards enthusiast myself. "

I think it all depends on what kind of relationship that single person would like to pursue if they were in a couple.

If a single person is happy with lots of nsa sex, but could never be/never wants to be in a non monogamous relationship- enthusiast.

If a single person is happy with lots of nsa sex and could never see themselves in a monogamous relationship - they're a swinger.

Nobody but that individual has the right to label them though as nobody knows what that person genuinely feels inside.

In my eyes it's that easy.

Missus

over a year ago

cork

"I'm just wondering.

Is it swinging when you're a single person on here or being a casual sex enthusiast? I'm leaning towards enthusiast myself.

I think it all depends on what kind of relationship that single person would like to pursue if they were in a couple.

If a single person is happy with lots of nsa sex, but could never be/never wants to be in a non monogamous relationship- enthusiast.

If a single person is happy with lots of nsa sex and could never see themselves in a monogamous relationship - they're a swinger.

Nobody but that individual has the right to label them though as nobody knows what that person genuinely feels inside.

Missus "

Ah. Some points I have not considered. Thank you.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Personally I don't think singles are technically swingers.. but that doesn't mean they can't enjoy the site.

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"I'm just wondering.

Is it swinging when you're a single person on here or being a casual sex enthusiast? I'm leaning towards enthusiast myself. "

If you find some _asual777 sex enthusiasts I d be interested in seeing if we get on

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"

I don't think it's relevant what people call themselves, it's about if the label swinger is an couple exclusive term only, I don't think it is. Anhow I'm neither a swinger nor a sexual enthusiast.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"

I don't think it's relevant what people call themselves, it's about if the label swinger is an couple exclusive term only, I don't think it is. Anhow I'm neither a swinger nor a casual sex enthusiast.

By *indenMan
over a year ago

Naas which is South West of Dublin

So what about Tarzan, was he not a swinger till he met Jane?

By *umpkinnMan
over a year ago

Dublin

A swinging bachelor has a classier ring to it than being a shagger. I really aspire to bring a fanny magnet though

By *eijaWoman
over a year ago

City Centre

"So what about Tarzan, was he not a swinger till he met Jane?"

Course singles are swingers..meeting couples, group scenarios, exploring their sexuality like everyone here

B x

By *adylaceWoman
over a year ago

Waterford City

"I'm just wondering.

Missus "

This is pretty much how I view it. Although I hate labels with a passion.

over a year ago

So what I get from this is to get a partner in crime and you can have the best of both worlds,

By *teppenwolfMan
over a year ago

Cork

This is the truth

By *indenMan
over a year ago

Naas which is South West of Dublin

"So what about Tarzan, was he not a swinger till he met Jane?

Course singles are swingers..meeting couples, group scenarios, exploring their sexuality like everyone here

B x"

I knew I could rely on you to be sensible…..

By *eijaWoman
over a year ago

City Centre

"So what about Tarzan, was he not a swinger till he met Jane?

B x

I knew I could rely on you to be sensible….. "

over a year ago

Casual enthusiast

over a year ago

We are all enthusiastic

Post new Message to Thread