Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Genuine being fooled

Jump to newest

By *orkhotshot OP   Man
over a year ago

youghal east cork

How many times has it happened and just happened again... recieved mail from well verified couples and females looking to meet so after some texting back and forth an agreement is made that we should make a date to meet... so thats grand and then im asked to send a face pic, the final piece of arranging a meet so i send mine first because who im texting is well verified and seems 100% genuine i send my face pic and without notice or a reply back they have me blocked!im left feeling that my privicy has been violated and my face pic that i just sent is been used for a scam around the world and that fabswingers is a dangerous website... ive met plenty genuine people from fab but more has to be done to prevent the set up of fake profiles fake pictures ect.some say whats been posted online is there forever and can never be deleted. More has to be done about this in the future by fabswingers H.Q.the site really needs an update

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It is more likely that when you sent the pic they weren't attracted to you and decided to block you rather than tell you this and face any fall out. It's less likely that they are using your face pic for fake profiles especially if they are well veried and to be fair there are not as many male fake profiles as there are female or couples anyhow.

I don't know what you would expect the site to do it's up to each individual what they choose to share on here and once you share pics then what happens is out of your control be that on here or any other site.

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS
over a year ago

Dublin

"It is more likely that when you sent the pic they weren't attracted to you and decided to block you rather than tell you this and face any fall out. It's less likely that they are using your face pic for fake profiles especially if they are well veried and to be fair there are not as many male fake profiles as there are female or couples anyhow.

I don't know what you would expect the site to do it's up to each individual what they choose to share on here and once you share pics then what happens is out of your control be that on here or any other site. "

I'd have to agree with you here...

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

Whilst I agree that it’s an attraction thing , the power dynamic which means the single male profile often sends a face pic first and often doesn’t get one back is horrible . Not just because one is getting rejected in this situation , but the doubly whammy of your face pic also being possessed by strangers who are no longer engaging with you

By *irty_mindMan
over a year ago

in the sticks

"Whilst I agree that it’s an attraction thing , the power dynamic which means the single male profile often sends a face pic first and often doesn’t get one back is horrible . Not just because one is getting rejected in this situation , but the doubly whammy of your face pic also being possessed by strangers who are no longer engaging with you "

exactly

By *irty_mindMan
over a year ago

in the sticks

How about an automated trustee service: both parties submit their face pic and when both are present, the system forwards them

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Maybe they recognised you. It might be nicer to think that anyway

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Whilst I agree that it’s an attraction thing , the power dynamic which means the single male profile often sends a face pic first and often doesn’t get one back is horrible . Not just because one is getting rejected in this situation , but the doubly whammy of your face pic also being possessed by strangers who are no longer engaging with you "

That's a risk anyone takes sending a face pic. It is also why I don't send face pics if someone asks me at the start of a chat for it and I also have never asked anyone for a face pic on here. I find if we chat for a while one of us usually sends one.

I've never blocked anyone after a face pic. I think it's not right to do it especially if you have been chatting for a bit And yes I know some will say it will open the door to abuse if you say no thanks but surely the other person deserves at least a message to say no thanks rather than them worrying about why they are suddenly blocked with no explanation.

People on here should not feel the need to jump through hoops for others just in the off chance of getting meets and if they do then they can't blame anyone else or the site for it as it's their decision to do it.

By *hilaboutMan
over a year ago

kilkenny

Yes dont send the pic if this is your reaction after sending it

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

If you send a face picture to someone else and they don't find you attractive enough to have sex with,what are they meant to do.

Send a message saying no thanks

Then hope that you stop all conversation ..and not start asking questions

Block ...they think its easier

No easy answer for the person sending the face pic

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Whilst I agree that it’s an attraction thing , the power dynamic which means the single male profile often sends a face pic first and often doesn’t get one back is horrible . Not just because one is getting rejected in this situation , but the doubly whammy of your face pic also being possessed by strangers who are no longer engaging with you

That's a risk anyone takes sending a face pic. It is also why I don't send face pics if someone asks me at the start of a chat for it and I also have never asked anyone for a face pic on here. I find if we chat for a while one of us usually sends one.

I've never blocked anyone after a face pic. I think it's not right to do it especially if you have been chatting for a bit And yes I know some will say it will open the door to abuse if you say no thanks but surely the other person deserves at least a message to say no thanks rather than them worrying about why they are suddenly blocked with no explanation.

People on here should not feel the need to jump through hoops for others just in the off chance of getting meets and if they do then they can't blame anyone else or the site for it as it's their decision to do it. "

Exactly, we make it clear on our profile that we don't expect face pics and won't share them, yet about half of the male profiles who message us send one with their first pic.

over a year ago

Anyway, OP, I would suggest that those requesting a face pic should have their own attached to the request, whoever asks should be putting up first in my book. If they don't, why would you?

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

At the end of the day you didn't lose anything really. They were never going to have sex with you. You're no worse off. Yes it's rude, but you can stop wasting your time with them now and move on.

over a year ago

If someone messages you asking to meet and for a face pic.. Always insist on them sending 1 first.. If they have any interest in a meet they will send 1 right away otherwise they are just being nosey wanting to know who you are, I mean this is swinging after all what's a face? It's all about the body

By *onalmor2Man
over a year ago

West Cork

I personally find the best way to initiate a conversation is to send a face pic.If they fancy you,then you'll get a response.But I have had a fair few instances where I received a face pic back and let's say,I was very disappointed and there were other times when I was refused(and this was after chatting for awhile)

So I reckon there are various reasons but I just move on to the next lucky lady

By *Sparkie.Man
over a year ago

Ratoath

I dont ask for face pics, my rule is if you ask you must send first.

I think a social meet solves this issue.

Meet for for coffee and a chat, the playing field is level then, you've each seen each other.

By *arajeanCouple
over a year ago

mayo

Exactly

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

"How many times has it happened and just happened again... recieved mail from well verified couples and females looking to meet so after some texting back and forth an agreement is made that we should make a date to meet... so thats grand and then im asked to send a face pic, the final piece of arranging a meet so i send mine first because who im texting is well verified and seems 100% genuine i send my face pic and without notice or a reply back they have me blocked!im left feeling that my privicy has been violated and my face pic that i just sent is been used for a scam around the world and that fabswingers is a dangerous website... ive met plenty genuine people from fab but more has to be done to prevent the set up of fake profiles fake pictures ect.some say whats been posted online is there forever and can never be deleted. More has to be done about this in the future by fabswingers H.Q.the site really needs an update"

No...no scam,you weren't their cup of tea...

It happens,I've a head for radio.they blocked because they probably didn't want to have the conversation of "no thanks" it happens

By *hoenix-risingMan
over a year ago

Co.Down

Scamming bastards,probably use your face pic to create fake passports,open bank accounts,and get fraudulent mortgages ,you need to be careful who you sent your pics to ,there was a study done and 95% of the profiles on Fab are fake,be very vigilant

over a year ago

There's an easy solution to you worrying about your face pic being used for other purposes. Well two actually. One is to delete said face pic from your profile. This will delete it from the mail itself. The other is to sign up to site support and use the auto remove feature that site support allows you.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"There's an easy solution to you worrying about your face pic being used for other purposes. Well two actually. One is to delete said face pic from your profile. This will delete it from the mail itself. The other is to sign up to site support and use the auto remove feature that site support allows you. "

Unfortunately they can still be screenshotted. If you can view it you can save it.

over a year ago

"There's an easy solution to you worrying about your face pic being used for other purposes. Well two actually. One is to delete said face pic from your profile. This will delete it from the mail itself. The other is to sign up to site support and use the auto remove feature that site support allows you.

Unfortunately they can still be screenshotted. If you can view it you can save it."

Can't have a solution to every situation unfortunately.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"There's an easy solution to you worrying about your face pic being used for other purposes. Well two actually. One is to delete said face pic from your profile. This will delete it from the mail itself. The other is to sign up to site support and use the auto remove feature that site support allows you.

Unfortunately they can still be screenshotted. If you can view it you can save it.

Can't have a solution to every situation unfortunately. "

Yeah.. the simple fact is that putting any identifiable pics out there is a risk. Someone can identify you. Someone can try and use it against you. Not everyone behaves in a way that prioritises someone else's privacy and safety. The easiest way is to be open about this lifestyle because that removes the risk. Not everyone can do this though. I guess for them it's a question of risk vs reward. You can always refuse to view/share facepics... but that comes with its own risks

By *ittlekinks38Woman
over a year ago

outside belfast x

Yesh safe to say they either recognised you or you didn't float their boat this happens to women aswell as men! Can't really take it personal after all your talking to Joe bloggs really you don't know them at all and they don't owe you an explanation sometimes it's just easier to block and move on! I've spoken and met ppl for months who then go onto say they are too busy to meet up again! Now that's annoying but hey ho plenty more fish in the sea as they say!

Xx cj xx

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

Anyone asking for a face pic should be sending theirs first, that's being respectful. Just because you're a single guy doesn't mean you should compromise on your self-respect and anyone who expects you to, is not worth the effort. Mrs.

By *hyeyesMan
over a year ago

meath

I'm sorry but is there not social media sites that are full of face pics ?

U got blocked OP , it's the culture of Fab .....

over a year ago

Build a bridge and move on unfortunately!!! Plus its one if the things you'll have to get used to here.

What would you have done if tgey sent you their picture and you weren't attracted to them???

If it was me, i would have told them that i wasn't interested, and they would have moved on too!!!

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

Don’t send them..ever,and look for sex elsewhere, or else accept it and move on

over a year ago

.it's done . Move on ,

People are entitled to change their mind at any stage in communication

a face pic for a meet is essential and when exchanging one, you have to be prepared for it not to be a match. A request for a face pic doesn't automatically mean a meet.

Put it down to experience and Get back on the saddle

By *irty_mindMan
over a year ago

in the sticks

"Anyone asking for a face pic should be sending theirs first, that's being respectful. Just because you're a single guy doesn't mean you should compromise on your self-respect and anyone who expects you to, is not worth the effort. Mrs."

By *ifted121Man
over a year ago

rathcoffey

When I’m asked for a face pic , I usually ask the person to send a pic holding an everyday object like say a fork , if they can’t send it then I figure they are fake , if they send it then I return my pic holding an everyday object that they suggest. Sorts out the messers

Post new Message to Thread