Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Moving on with life

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Questions how long do you think a person been single after a relationship before moving on with life, 1 week 1 month 1 year...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

Kinda depends on whether you processed the break up

I see people on first dates who have been widowed for 10 years and they spend the whole date talking about their deceased partner . They’re still not ready by the look of things

By *yche_xWoman
over a year ago

nearby

It very much depends on the last relationship. Had they left in their head before actually leaving? Or did they not want the relationship to end.

There can't be a set timescale for these things only when a person feels ready.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Questions how long do you think a person been single after a relationship before moving on with life, 1 week 1 month 1 year..."

It's whenever their ready. No a timescale on it in our opinion.

By *ungry CatCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

"It very much depends on the last relationship. Had they left in their head before actually leaving? Or did they not want the relationship to end.

There can't be a set timescale for these things only when a person feels ready."

over a year ago

Definitely no timescale everyone is different

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

There is a reliable trick that family circus troupes use when introducing a new member to their act: during their training, if the member makes an error, for example by falling off a horse, the elder member immediately puts the new trainee back up and carries on, with lots of positive encouragement.

There may be some words of correction, but no looking back and no rumination.

The trainee incrementally gains confidence and in due course uses this method to train others.

Life is too brief with many vicissitudes.

The mere mention of a former partner on a meet or date is a faux pas, from which one cannot recover.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Totally depends every relationship is different like every break up

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman
over a year ago

South County Dublin

"Questions how long do you think a person been single after a relationship before moving on with life, 1 week 1 month 1 year..."

Entirely subjective really, everyone moves on in their own time - whether they are "ready" or not is an entirely different question!

I was in a monogamous relationship/marriage for 22 years - it took me 18 months to even think about a new relationship, he was loved up not 3 months later... and even at that, it probably took me another year to completely process and come to terms, even though I was the one who chose to separate.

By *ukeM8519Man
over a year ago

Leitrim

Was it really a relationship if you’ve broke up? I would say get back out there when you feel right. That could be 2 weeks or 2 years.

In reality if the relationship has broken up, for one of the parties the relationship was long over before you both officially called it a day. It was never real.

Don’t waste your time been respectful to something in the past because either you or you ex partner didn’t really care In the relationship.

Fook them. Put yourself first.

over a year ago

Everyone is different

Id day few months to a year

Depends on the circumstances really

over a year ago

On that note, do couples that break up come to some agreement re tinder? I’m sure some couples see each other’s profiles

Post new Message to Thread