Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Hotel prices Summer

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was just on a well known hotel booking site looking at dates to bring my kids up to Dublin for the night. Well fuck me I usually like to be kissed before I get fucked. For example Saturday 7th July cheapest hotel is €280 and it's a one star hotel the cheapest B&B is €246 for two people and looks to be an absolute shit hole.

I know a lot of rooms are taken to accommodate the Ukrainians and that's wonderful and having worked in the hotel industry I understand how they increase prices during peak times. But that's making it tough for families and us Fabbers for meets.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

At this stage its easier to book hotels outside Dublin and drive to them ....far better value in Belfast too

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

An airbnb i used recently has nearly doubled its price!! Guess its happening all across the board?

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

An airbnb in Donegal is charging €5000 per night for Donegall Rally.

Four nights for 4 people is €20,000 and nearly €3500 service charge.

over a year ago

Flights abroad are double the price too.

That's inflation for ya

"The annual inflation in Ireland rose to 6.7 percent in March of 2022, the highest since November of 2000"

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I spent Easter week in an Airbnb in Donegal. Less than €800 for a 4 bedroom house sleeping 8.

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Simple supply snd demand. If people will pay it, they'll charge it.

By *inion42Man
over a year ago

minionland

I ended up meeting two Austrians at a gig on a work trip last Sunday, they were shocked by the hotel prices, and they we’re staying in the red cow

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

Crazy prices in Limerick for the summer months too. Didn't realise it was a popular holiday destination, wonders never cease

over a year ago

The government has booked all rooms where possible, so less hotel rooms left to go around...dublin is now on average 150 for a double room.

If bringing kids to Dublin try Dcu & Trinity college campus accommodation, as they rent the campus accommodation over the summer... failing that couch surf in a relatives...

Hotel prices certainly ruining fun

over a year ago

Then they wonder why they can’t get tourists and the government extended the 9% vat rate until end of feb 23 today

Nothing about cutting the costs of fuel & electricity for the people

By *isspafWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Check out discount deal pages website. They usually have good offers and there's there's extra supplement for a weekend night.

I got a hotel on one of them for like 50 euros when the hotel site was like 120 euros

Post new Message to Thread