By *sbotango OP   Man
over a year ago

Close by

The cat bit me lmao!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Ive one that still makes me laugh here it goes.....Eh Lolly soz have to cancel last minute my cow escaped from the yard ive to chase it down the lane another time ye?....

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Ive one that still makes me laugh here it goes.....Eh Lolly soz have to cancel last minute my cow escaped from the yard ive to chase it down the lane another time ye?.... "

And ...did ye

By *sbotango OP   Man
over a year ago

Close by

The cow is an awful way to describe the wife pmsl

By *uietcpl2Couple
over a year ago

Dublin City

We were due to meet a couple in a Trim Hotel and they were from Navan and the texted us an hour before dinner to say their car was broken down so could not make it. WE said you have two cars and they said this was also broken down so we texted back and said we can come and collect you from Trim hotel and driven you home as we will not drink and got no reply . Over the years on Fab and other sites, We have heard them all bar the dog eat my homework one

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

About to go meet a couple in Glasgow and they canceled last min saying they had to drop the baby sitter home, they were staying in a hotel in the city

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman
over a year ago

Magical Forrest

Traffic is too bad …

Rain is too heavy …

By *ex coupleCouple
over a year ago

wexford

It’s actually so annoying

A lot of planing goes into a meet especially when you have kids

Worst when they ghost ya

But have heard them all from broken down car to thought it was the following week

over a year ago

"Ive one that still makes me laugh here it goes.....Eh Lolly soz have to cancel last minute my cow escaped from the yard ive to chase it down the lane another time ye?.... "

This funny

over a year ago

That's gas!!

Im imagining him pulling off his fancy clothes and pulling on his wellies, his big farmer fingers typin that out to you before he legs it out after the cow lol!!!

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Some idiot got locked into a car dealership

over a year ago

Had arranged a meeting with a CD and text to say her period came last minute

over a year ago

If you're a Granny and you have grandson on this site you better start making funeral arrangements. Your more than likely going to pass away suddenly on a Saturday evening leaving your poor grandson having to cancel his meet.

over a year ago

"If you're a Granny and you have grandson on this site you better start making funeral arrangements. Your more than likely going to pass away suddenly on a Saturday evening leaving your poor grandson having to cancel his meet. "

Ah here leave my 7 granny's out of this.

over a year ago

In our case it was his Grandad!

By *oulernerMan
over a year ago

Dublin City

"My S.O. got me horny, we had sex and now I'm exhausted, soz."

By *mmakWoman
over a year ago

Town

Sorry but I forgot I have a hair cut booked.... Yes this came from a man.

By *ippje84Man
over a year ago

tipperary

My husband knows I'm up to something

By *limfitladMan
over a year ago

Dublin & Galway mostly.

"Sorry but I forgot I have a hair cut booked.... Yes this came from a man. "

Haha. Snap. got that once from a lady..

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

My cousin’s wedding. I forgot

A horse crushed my foot

By *ed just RedWoman
over a year ago

Dublin City

"Had arranged a meeting with a CD and text to say her period came last minute "

BAHAHHAH

By *ogladyWoman
over a year ago

The bog

"Ive one that still makes me laugh here it goes.....Eh Lolly soz have to cancel last minute my cow escaped from the yard ive to chase it down the lane another time ye?....

That's gas!!

Im imagining him pulling off his fancy clothes and pulling on his wellies, his big farmer fingers typin that out to you before he legs it out after the cow lol!!! "

The worse thing About this is if there animals escape they do actually haa e to go chase them Ive seen it so many times and on occasion have had to help some farmers do this..

By *ungry CatCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

So far three people's relatives suddenly passed away an hour before meeting (I must be cursed lol)

Two peoples Internet suddenly went down so they couldn't confirm.

One person's family came over and stayed all evening as he was walking out the door

One person suddenly remembered they had kids with them that day about 20 minutes before agreed meeting time.

Lost count of how many people got suddenly called into work (half a country is apparently on call these days)

Missus

over a year ago

Death in the family, last minute illness but the best one was simply ‘I completely forgot’…

over a year ago

"Death in the family, last minute illness but the best one was simply ‘I completely forgot’…"

They could at least have had the decency to make up an excuse!!

By *oreignaffairKKMan
over a year ago

Between CW and KK

Few years back I had a meet arranged for evening.

So my plan was finish at work, go to jog in the woods (regular place), drive back home, shower, etc, then up for the meet.

It went alright until I got back to the car after jogging, as the battery was flat. It was early evening in October or November, so the car park was empty. Tried to get help from the houses nearby, no success (this worth an other story), so I ringed for a taxi. They were helpful, but had to wait an hour. So I ringed my date to excuse, as I will be late and whether she wants to cancel or not.

She was like all yours, upset af, saying that's the worst ever excuse for a no show. Told her, alright, then come to the woods to help me out.

And you know what? She actually came there and I've got caught with a taxi driver jumpstarting my car

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

She didn't need plan C as plan A and B had worked out.

over a year ago

Guy was supposed to meet a lady friend and i. Told me the night before he had a dental appointment!!! But in fairness he made it the next time!!!!

over a year ago

"Death in the family, last minute illness but the best one was simply ‘I completely forgot’…

They could at least have had the decency to make up an excuse!! "

I think it was a case of I couldn’t be bothered meeting you and I couldn’t be bothered explaining myself

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Death in the family, last minute illness but the best one was simply ‘I completely forgot’…"

I've had the "I forgot we had arranged to meet" excuse as well when I was confirming the day before.

Strange as it was specifically arranged to suit her travel plans and location and because she had so many no shows around that time.

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"Oh I forgot we were meeting"

Veri up same day after meeting someone else

By *ogladyWoman
over a year ago

The bog

""Oh I forgot we were meeting"

Veri up same day after meeting someone else "

Ive had that one

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Cancelled once at last minute when the person failed to mention they were married wonder how that slipped there mind so i met someone else for lunch instead

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

""Oh I forgot we were meeting"

Veri up same day after meeting someone else "

Yep. Same story here on both occasions mentioned above but I didn't see them as no shows because I didn't travel when they couldn't confirm. The plan C one couldn't make it due to work and then had 2 new veries the next day. One from a lunchtime meet and one which specifically named the coffee shop we had agreed to meet in at exactly the same time which was taking the piss.

Then had the balls to ask to meet again a couple of weeks later.

over a year ago

From previous experience on here (new unverified profile at min) in hindsight it would be a blessing if some didn't turn up

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

She got run over in town today

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

Also had a great ‘cancellation’ . She texted 2 days before meet . I had a hotel booked and she was to arrive at 9, I was giving myself time to get out of work, eat,?travel, shower. She asked could I not meet at 8??, I explained it would leave it very tight as I couldn’t get out of work earlier…and she flipped, cancelled because 9 was just too late. I stopped bothering my hole not long after as this was another “very well verified” fabber in a long list of those who cancelled at last minute

By *B 4099Man
over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

ah now lolly you know a cow is hard to get. Best excuse ever. Mine was similar the "boyfriend" got wind so can't now . "Single profile" so her cow got out too. I genuinely laughed,no harm

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Paraphrasing here but..

You don't drink so obviously we wouldn't really be able to have fun with you!

... from a couple

... maybe they prefer single guys talking dr*nken sh1te, stumbling around the bedroom with a semi floppy D

... but each to their own I guess

By *ittlekinks38Woman
over a year ago

outside belfast x

Ohhh just the usual cars broke down bs lol lucky it was a third time meeting and was only lunch!

I don't mind eating alone anyways...

Always good to have a plan b arranged ....

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Ive one that still makes me laugh here it goes.....Eh Lolly soz have to cancel last minute my cow escaped from the yard ive to chase it down the lane another time ye?....

That's gas!!

Im imagining him pulling off his fancy clothes and pulling on his wellies, his big farmer fingers typin that out to you before he legs it out after the cow lol!!!

The worse thing About this is if there animals escape they do actually haa e to go chase them Ive seen it so many times and on occasion have had to help some farmers do this.. "

Yes but not all night surely an hr later than planned but thats about it

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Few years back I had a meet arranged for evening.

So my plan was finish at work, go to jog in the woods (regular place), drive back home, shower, etc, then up for the meet.

It went alright until I got back to the car after jogging, as the battery was flat. It was early evening in October or November, so the car park was empty. Tried to get help from the houses nearby, no success (this worth an other story), so I ringed for a taxi. They were helpful, but had to wait an hour. So I ringed my date to excuse, as I will be late and whether she wants to cancel or not.

She was like all yours, upset af, saying that's the worst ever excuse for a no show. Told her, alright, then come to the woods to help me out.

And you know what? She actually came there and I've got caught with a taxi driver jumpstarting my car "

But did u get the jump

By *B 4099Man
over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

"Paraphrasing here but..

... from a couple

... maybe they prefer single guys talking dr*nken sh1te, stumbling around the bedroom with a semi floppy D

... but each to their own I guess "

I've had this said to me too. It's a bit odd

over a year ago

"Paraphrasing here but..

... from a couple

... but each to their own I guess I've had this said to me too. It's a bit odd "

There are people out there apparently unable to comprehend how things can be enjoyable without alcohol.

By *isspafWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

When there's no excuse and they ghost ya.... or wait til days later to make up an apology and an excuse

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

We did meet, but she then advised me that she had been diagnosed with CPID: Chronic Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder; so sex was out of the question. I later found out that CPID is often caused by multiple STI infections that have not been dealt with thoroughly

I dodged that bullet!

By *j2000Man
over a year ago

mayo

Got stood up, even after getting message she was on way.

Fast forward 2 weeks got message can I come over? Said okay not going out anywhere,no show again!

Passing her work 1 eve decided to call in and grab a coffee.

She was working, went bright red!

Her excuse was, she txt multiple ppl and made her mind up on the way

By *oreignaffairKKMan
over a year ago

Between CW and KK

"Few years back I had a meet arranged for evening.

And you know what? She actually came there and I've got caught with a taxi driver jumpstarting my car

But did u get the jump "

Yes I got the jump and the dunk too :D

By *ome_wild_girlWoman
over a year ago

Antrim Town

"When there's no excuse and they ghost ya.... or wait til days later to make up an apology and an excuse "

Better still they message a few months later praising your profile as if you've never chatted before

By *eeingWhatsHere21Man
over a year ago

Northside

I've rarely gotten a fabricated excuse from women but in my experience there's little necessity for that level of deception as it takes far too much effort to get to that stage of a chat only to end up pulling the plug.

From men however it's far more like a last minute book report on a book they didn't bother to read!

"I have to take a raincheck. My cat/dog/car/grandmother/3rd cousin/Dalai Lama has run away/died/betrayed their county/a problem that needs emergency welding. Can we reschedule for another time when my horniness overlaps with my blind hamsters midnight braile lessons?"

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

These are all good reasons to stick with large socials, clubs and parties

By *sbotango OP   Man
over a year ago

Close by

Apart from the sticky floors and used condoms scattered around lol

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

"Apart from the sticky floors and used condoms scattered around lol"

What kind of parties do you go to

By *sbotango OP   Man
over a year ago

Close by

"Apart from the sticky floors and used condoms scattered around lol

What kind of parties do you go to "

The only and last party I ever went too

By *lamingo57Woman
over a year ago

Carrick

I got ghosted recently. It's far worse than a shitty excuse!

By *kcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Our worst was probably the most brutally honest. We had left a family wedding early having chatted to a couple for a while and were due to host them in our hotel room.

All set to go and 20 mins before they were due to arrive the said they got a better offer and drove on past our hotel towards the others they decided to meet on the spur of the moment. Not sure if I hope it was an excuse or they did have a better offer but still left a sour taste.

This is why we put ourselves in the decidedly average bracket

By *ubeMan
over a year ago

Drogheda

I was to meet a lass on the south side of Dublin for a coffee. I got to the coffee shop. No show from her, I sent ger a text after an hour, her reply was " oh I ripped my stockings and there is no way I could go out not fully dressed" oh well I'm sure she was so distressed she just forgot to text me first.

over a year ago

"I got ghosted recently. It's far worse than a shitty excuse!"
though I had a meet in two weeks time, been ghosted for 3 weeks how,ment to be going to a gig tickets got,..might aswell put up the white flag now...

over a year ago

Time of month. Although to be fair it sounded legit.

over a year ago

I know someone who has covid

By *ubblegumandLimeCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"Our worst was probably the most brutally honest. We had left a family wedding early having chatted to a couple for a while and were due to host them in our hotel room.

All set to go and 20 mins before they were due to arrive the said they got a better offer and drove on past our hotel towards the others they decided to meet on the spur of the moment. Not sure if I hope it was an excuse or they did have a better offer but still left a sour taste.

This is why we put ourselves in the decidedly average bracket "

They seriously missed out. You both are by no means average, stunning pics. Mrs x

By *ONDYWoman
over a year ago

00heaven

Sorry but I fell asleep. In actual fact he got cold feet cause he senr fake pics!!!!!

over a year ago

The reason i deleted my old profile 3+years ago. Had been chatting to a woman for 4-5weeks. We both heading to the same match in Dublin. So arranged to meet at my hotel for a drink and see whats what. She was chatting with another guy. Messaged me saying not feeling to well so canceled, then messaged me thinking I was the other guy saying yeah blew him off so I'm free to meet. Turns out he got a better offer and she had the cheek to message me an hour later saying I'm at the bar in your hotel. Muppet

over a year ago

"Our worst was probably the most brutally honest. We had left a family wedding early having chatted to a couple for a while and were due to host them in our hotel room.

This is why we put ourselves in the decidedly average bracket "

Wow, that was beyond rude.

over a year ago

Wow, that was beyond rude. "

Prob would have been worse to have sex to fulfill a commitment, and during the carnage be thinking ffs I could be balls deep in the couple of my dreams

over a year ago

Prob would have been worse to have sex to fulfill a commitment, and during the carnage be thinking ffs I could be balls deep in the couple of my dreams"

My point was the rudeness of the "better offer" statement, I'm sure we can all agree that nobody should have sex they don't want

over a year ago

I actually can't think of any that are to crazy as it's barely happened to me in the first place. It would just be either work or kids which is pretty valid to be honest.

By *kcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Prob would have been worse to have sex to fulfill a commitment, and during the carnage be thinking ffs I could be balls deep in the couple of my dreams"

Agree of course but my point is putting people out when they have gone to such great lengths to accommodate you then dropping out minutes before. We are totally okay with being knocked back but at least have manners while doing so.

We had to pull out of a meet last Friday night but we gave two days notice. I would even consider trying to arrange a meet that I thought we might have to pull out of last minute. Just a waste of people's valuable time

over a year ago

Never really had silly excuses are a pain being ghosted is worse in our opinion. Had two single guys ghost us for coffee. One at the start of the year who deleted his profile the morning of. The other was kikked and even whatapped and we heard nothing. He deleted his profile a couple of days later and has reappeared since. Not a peep out of him. No issue from our side more annoyance to be honest. This was only a few weeks ago.

over a year ago

"Never really had silly excuses are a pain being ghosted is worse in our opinion. Had two single guys ghost us for coffee. One at the start of the year who deleted his profile the morning of. The other was kikked and even whatapped and we heard nothing. He deleted his profile a couple of days later and has reappeared since. Not a peep out of him. No issue from our side more annoyance to be honest. This was only a few weeks ago. "

I have in particular who messages only when he wants play then completely ignores afterwards for days at a time no need for it, he's online in those days so purposely ignores. I recently messaged saying I would appreciate if he doesn't message me anymore. I don't appreciate it don't block unless my boundaries are consistantly ignored.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

The key lesson to be taken away from this thread is that there are individuals and couples who toy with the concept of NSA sexual adventures, but having made the penultimate move, do not have the courage or self-confidence to follow through to fruition.

Thus, they will be forever left dreaming about what might have been; the next phase in their sexual development!

By *oulernerMan
over a year ago

Dublin City

They seriously missed out. You both are by no means average, stunning pics. Mrs x "

I completely agree. Extremely gorgeous pics.

By *t777Woman
over a year ago

close by

Radio silence 5mins before meet

By *cotsguyyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"My alarm clock melted."

I don't even care about the no show, I just hope this is true. Too funny.

Story goes she left the alarm clock on the radiator and while she was asleep the heating kicked in.

over a year ago

They seriously missed out. You both are by no means average, stunning pics. Mrs x

I completely agree. Extremely gorgeous pics."

Ah it’s good to see a white knight has arrived

By *kcoupleCouple
over a year ago

I completely agree. Extremely gorgeous pics.

Ah it’s good to see a white knight has arrived "

The white Knight will always put themselves higher up the list than someone going out of their way to throw out smart arse comments. But hey, we are all entitled to our opinion right

Post new Message to Thread