Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Whiskey

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Any on here into collecting whiskies? Seeing if anyone is interested in swapping/buying any

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eckycd41TV/TS
over a year ago

Navan

What type have yiu got

By *nalcumslutWoman
over a year ago

navan

I'm interested in drinking them.

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

Same, love drinking them. Have also started buying a few bottles for kids for future mortgage deposit

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Any on here into collecting whiskies? Seeing if anyone is interested in swapping/buying any"

I

I bought the last 2 years editions of Middleton rare, was told they will increase in value over the years so will see how it goes, don't know much about it tbh as I prefer to normally drink my whiskey

By *tripper9Man
over a year ago

Blackburn

Not whiskey, but I have a bottle of Bollinger Champagne up for sale if anyone is interested

By *urFabFun21Couple
over a year ago

Somewhere

"Any on here into collecting whiskies? Seeing if anyone is interested in swapping/buying any"

I call mine a selection because I drink every bottle I buy. I never see the point in collecting them, no whiskey is going to go up in value that much as to make it worth storing and never tasting.

An interesting one I can see on the shelf is aberlour abundah. It's a cherry bomb scotch and very tasty but very strong at about 60% or so cask strength.

Always happy to swap for something if you'd like to sample it.

By *B 4099Man
over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

I have a beautiful lagauvulinv. Bought 1 for drinking 1 for keeping

By *cottybear74Man
over a year ago

kilkenny

Can't stand the smell of it let alone the taste

By *ursecretmischiefCouple
over a year ago

The West

Love Whiskey..A good bottle won't last long in my house!..Wouldn't ever collect them, it's kind of pointless!

over a year ago

I do enjoy a wee dram. Currently on a Tullamore Dew 12 year old special reserve.

By *indenMan
over a year ago

Naas which is South West of Dublin

"Any on here into collecting whiskies? Seeing if anyone is interested in swapping/buying any

I

I bought the last 2 years editions of Middleton rare, was told they will increase in value over the years so will see how it goes, don't know much about it tbh as I prefer to normally drink my whiskey "

Please don’t take this the wrong way, and your Midleton investment is safe, but you’re one of many who have recently come into the market, partly because of the excellent hype game Midleton and Irish Distillers have played over the last few years, especially since changes of the master distiller.

Personally I think they’re pushed it to far and have put off a lot of buyers because of the difficulty in either getting the product to be part of a collection or for consumption.

A very small portion of what’s released for the Irish marked is actually consumed because it’s being snapped up by investors and it very quickly appears on auction sites after it’s release, the majority is exported.

By *ickey squirterMan
over a year ago

town

Seen some last year bottles and year before going for sale for €1000 a bottle online

over a year ago

"Any on here into collecting whiskies? Seeing if anyone is interested in swapping/buying any

I

I bought the last 2 years editions of Middleton rare, was told they will increase in value over the years so will see how it goes, don't know much about it tbh as I prefer to normally drink my whiskey

Please don’t take this the wrong way, and your Midleton investment is safe, but you’re one of many who have recently come into the market, partly because of the excellent hype game Midleton and Irish Distillers have played over the last few years, especially since changes of the master distiller.

Personally I think they’re pushed it to far and have put off a lot of buyers because of the difficulty in either getting the product to be part of a collection or for consumption.

A very small portion of what’s released for the Irish marked is actually consumed because it’s being snapped up by investors and it very quickly appears on auction sites after it’s release, the majority is exported."

No definitely not taking it the wrong way as I said I know very little about it but neither bottle cost me anything as had vouchers to use so thought why not, I'm not expecting a retirement fund or anything out of them but interested to see how it does go

over a year ago

"Love Whiskey..A good bottle won't last long in my house!..Wouldn't ever collect them, it's kind of pointless!"

They go up in value

Post new Message to Thread