Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

How do you make friends after 40

Jump to newest

By *lassy lady 216 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Craigavon

As the title says looking to make friends have always struggled to make friends mosy of my life as a child and into adulthood i was always very shy and lack confidence but since joining fab i have come out of my shell alot still wouldnt be the most confident person but im getting there just looking to meet other single people who are fed up spending fri and sat nites on there own lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hecumminmanMan
over a year ago

clare

Happy to chat with you here x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Happy to chat..

over a year ago

I have made some great friends through fab if only we lived closer

By *mmmm300Woman
over a year ago

cork

Also happy to chat. It's not an easy thing to do. Accept every invite, sign up for stuff going on in the community. Walk the dog, lol I meet a few that way.

over a year ago

Craigavon

Devinedestiny silgo isnt that far away lol

By *laymates30Couple
over a year ago

The West

I know someone who joined a hill walking group and met a whole bunch of new friends like that. Seems like a nice way to meet people and get to see new places too.

over a year ago

Craigavon

I looked into joining one too but it was too far away from me and unfortunetly i dont drive so unless its somewhere i can get a bus or train too im stuck did try to set one up myself but got no interest

By *axlecool03Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Happy to offer friendship and know each other

over a year ago

I’m open for friendship and I travel a lot, so easy to keep in touch

By *olourpurpleMan
over a year ago

Waterford

"As the title says looking to make friends have always struggled to make friends mosy of my life as a child and into adulthood i was always very shy and lack confidence but since joining fab i have come out of my shell alot still wouldnt be the most confident person but im getting there just looking to meet other single people who are fed up spending fri and sat nites on there own lol"

Sports clubs if you play anything or clubs in general for any hobby you have.

Pub quizzes can be good.

Work outings or people in work in general

Possibly people from here although you don’t know motives

By *lay rock69Man
over a year ago

monaghan

More friends more fun

over a year ago

Joining groups and clubs if you have any hobbies or courses to learn new skills are great ways to meet people and have common ground.

over a year ago

"As the title says looking to make friends have always struggled to make friends mosy of my life as a child and into adulthood i was always very shy and lack confidence but since joining fab i have come out of my shell alot still wouldnt be the most confident person but im getting there just looking to meet other single people who are fed up spending fri and sat nites on there own lol"

Walk into a room of unknowns slowly, don’t rush. Strut in. It’s only in your head. Take a breath and relax. I used to have brutal social anxiety, went to a counsellor, which included some headphones ( I would be ready to vomit at the thought of going out) one session, life changing.

By *ordjeffMan
over a year ago

around and about ,as travel.

Have a chat here.

Find common interest in people, not just fab related

See what happens

By *t777Woman
over a year ago

close by

You've got me

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Stick with the good women that are here,a lot seem to be in same boat as you.

Keep away from the men here when looking for friends tho,even your post here could be seen by some as a way in.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Stick with the good women that are here,a lot seem to be in same boat as you.

Keep away from the men here when looking for friends tho,even your post here could be seen by some as a way in.

"

Seriously......yeah of course cause all the men are predators looking for a way in.....

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

Wicklow

I signed up to MeetUp groups a while back. Its free, and i met lots of people, through activities, talks, lectures etc. There are quite a few near you.

By *ancy38Woman
over a year ago

galway

What I have found is that come Fri/sat after working all week and looking after the kids, I'm really tired and getting out is a challenge. I too need to make new friends. This is also why I joined fab. I would only have a handful of friends now but we are all busy with our own lives and very rarely get to meet up

You are abit far for a coffee meet otherwise I would have offered

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"Stick with the good women that are here,a lot seem to be in same boat as you.

Seriously......yeah of course cause all the men are predators looking for a way in....."

Predators??

That's your word.

She is looking for friends,lots of seemingly nice women here in same boat.

So why even try with the guys and try have to deal with the bolloxology that goes with that as a single woman here.

Presumably she does be meeting guys anyway here so friendships could naturally form that way if she was looking for men friends.

over a year ago

Craigavon

Nancy38 nowhere in the island of ireland is too far away distance is only a problem if you let it be im travelling to athlone next week for a group meet lol

By *ercc63Man
over a year ago

Hillsborough

Happy to chat - maybe a social ?

By *eddybear37Man
over a year ago

everywhere kildare longford

Classy lady I’m glad I met u before I am 40 XX

Post new Message to Thread