Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

The young ones

Jump to newest

By *on Draper2.0 OP   Man
over a year ago

Maynooth

Does anyone remember the young ones TV show on BBC in the 80's? Remember that scene where Adrian edmunson was bored so he just started shouting bored, bored, bored, bored, bored and smacking himself in the forehead with a cricket bat?

Well I feel like that now, looking at the state of this forum lol. Jesus it's like a reunion of the crew of the Marie Celeste.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

I used to hang around with a guy who would often whinge about being bored: as if people and external situations would have to change in order to leave him feeling busier, more fulfilled and purposeful.

I have always shaped my own destiny in life; I am consistently busy and full of purpose every day; and then every evening I relax and savour what I have achieved and look toward to the next busy day.

I understand what I need to do to expend my energy and make me feel valued and fulfilled, by me.

I take responsibility for shaping my life, and am thus never bored, ever!

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Chapter 69 of the latest edition of the fab hand(job)book is worth checking out.

Entitled Why Aren't Normal Knobs Exciting Really? it explains that admitting to being bored on fab is fourth on the list of biggest turn offs behind blank profiles, cheesy dick pics and why can't I threads/status.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

When my kids say they are bored I give them jobs to do. There are always skirtingboards to be repainted or something

By *olves at bayCouple
over a year ago

cork

[Removed by poster at 03/05/22 11:03:59]

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'd love to be bored for a bit

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

I'm old enough to remember the original Young Ones, which was a massive hit, I think in 1961, to Cliff Richard, aka Harry Webb.

Cliff has now gone to live in America, because of the horrendous and illegal raid on his home by police, who astonishingly tipped-off the BBC in advance so that a TV crew could be there to film the spectacle.

I suspect Cliff will never set foot in England again. This experience left him deeply traumatised; he said his character had been irrevocably trashed.

By *ogladyWoman
over a year ago

The bog

"I'm old enough to remember the original Young Ones, which was a massive hit, I think in 1961, to Cliff Richard, aka Harry Webb.

Cliff has now gone to live in America, because of the horrendous and illegal raid on his home by police, who astonishingly tipped-off the BBC in advance so that a TV crew could be there to film the spectacle.

I suspect Cliff will never set foot in England again. This experience left him deeply traumatised; he said his character had been irrevocably trashed.

"

I'm now singing living doll by cliff that he done with the young ones

By *on Draper2.0 OP   Man
over a year ago

Maynooth

"I'm old enough to remember the original Young Ones, which was a massive hit, I think in 1961, to Cliff Richard, aka Harry Webb.

I'm now singing living doll by cliff that he done with the young ones "

That was a good tune!

Post new Message to Thread