Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Katie Taylor to Croke Park

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Will Katie be making a return to croke park? If so I want a ticket!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

She has no one left to fight

Retire on top katie

She has taken too much punishment already

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Will she be allowed in croke park this year

They already reached their maximum number of gigs with Ed and Garth

I know a fight night is not as disruptive as a gig but can see the resident's kicking up

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"She has no one left to fight

Retire on top katie

She has taken too much punishment already"

She deserves a huge payday before she retires if she feels up to it in fairness

By *ligolad321Man
over a year ago

Donegal

Honestly, what an absolute champion... threat this last with respect Get in there Katie you legend...

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Retire on top katie

She deserves a huge payday before she retires if she feels up to it in fairness"

She sure does.

Then retire.

I do worry about her brain health

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Retire on top katie

I agree, She took an awful beating in the 5th round, ref should have stopped it, I'd be surprised if doesn't have a brain injury after that, retire

By *icklowbiguyMan
over a year ago

Wicklow

Retire on top katie

She deserves a huge payday before she retires if she feels up to it in fairness"

Its said she got in the region of $1 million dollars for last nights fight, surely that was her huge payday before retirement.

By *oco87Man
over a year ago

carlow

They were saying before the fight that there would be a rematch so hopefully one in croker. She deserves it. Will never see the likes of her again

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Retire on top katie

Its said she got in the region of $1 million dollars for last nights fight, surely that was her huge payday before retirement."

One million is not enough to live on for the rest of her life in fairness

I know she can do commercial deals but one massive payday would be nice for her as long as she doesn't get hurt

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Retire on top katie

—------

100%

She's changed the sport of boxing forever but at 35 father time is catching up on her as she's taken way many shots over her last 4 or 5 fights. Would love to see her go off into the sunset with her money and her health intact.

Katie will look for the rematch in Croke Park ASAP. Am a KT fan but would rather she move onto the next chapter of her life now

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Retire on top katie

Its said she got in the region of $1 million dollars for last nights fight, surely that was her huge payday before retirement.

I know she can do commercial deals but one massive payday would be nice for her as long as she doesn't get hurt "

—---

If she did a cross over fight against the top UFC Woman's Champ , she'd earn about $10 million and no one would begrudge her an easier payday

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

According to her manager no fight will take place in Ireland due to security issues due to Kinahan influences

over a year ago

"According to her manager no fight will take place in Ireland due to security issues due to Kinahan influences "

yeah i read that too. i dont think theres been a fight here since the shooting.

Katie is such a legend, she could retire now and do anything she wants ... but her whole focus is in the ring i do wonder what she sees beyond it.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The only question is will they do the rematch in Vegas, Boston or MSG

Dublin would make so much sense and that is where the most money would be made… but that ain’t going to happen

That 5th round is the closest I have seen to hagler hearns I have seen in a long time…

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"According to her manager no fight will take place in Ireland due to security issues due to Kinahan influences "

Money talks. The demand from Irish people would be huge. It will be very interesting to see if the Government would be willing to push against that pressure/demand to refuse to allow the fight to happen.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Retire on top katie

I know she can do commercial deals but one massive payday would be nice for her as long as she doesn't get hurt

—---

If she did a cross over fight against the top UFC Woman's Champ , she'd earn about $10 million and no one would begrudge her an easier payday "

The ufc don't even pay their women champs that much,or most of their men champs either.

Male champs in around 1 Mill pre fight,if that.

Boxing is where the money is,and men get most of it

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Retire on top katie

—---

If she did a cross over fight against the top UFC Woman's Champ , she'd earn about $10 million and no one would begrudge her an easier payday

The ufc don't even pay their women champs that much,or most of their men champs either.

Boxing is where the money is,and men get most of it"

--------

Fair point

The tragedy of it all is that Anthony Joshua looks up to Katie Taylor who only earns 1/40th of what he does even though her matches are 10 times more exciting than his. Something very wrong here...

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Retire on top katie

—---

--------

Fair point

The tragedy of it all is that Anthony Joshua looks up to Katie Taylor who only earns 1/40th of what he does even though her matches are 10 times more exciting than his. Something very wrong here... "

Far more people pay money to watch Anthony Joshua fight, hence he gets paid far more money. The reason women's boxer's don't get paid enough is because the general public don't have enough interest in it.

over a year ago

Retire on top katie

—---

--------

Fair point

The tragedy of it all is that Anthony Joshua looks up to Katie Taylor who only earns 1/40th of what he does even though her matches are 10 times more exciting than his. Something very wrong here... "

You obviously know very little about boxing if you say AJs fights are boring, his fight with klitschko is contender for fight of the decade hands down, women's boxing is a poor standard to men's.. I watched Taylors fight last night and the amount of fresh air punches, the inaccuracy, the weakness of punches thrown was unbelievable, boxing is a mans game, did you watch furys last fight, fury knocked out whyte with an uppercut, that's what power does its what women boxers lack and can be very frustrating to watch, when was the last time there was a knock out in women's boxing, Its almost unheard of

By *nciaCouple
over a year ago

ardee

"The only question is will they do the rematch in Vegas, Boston or MSG

Dublin would make so much sense and that is where the most money would be made… but that ain’t going to happen

That 5th round is the closest I have seen to hagler hearns I have seen in a long time…"

Honestly think Dublin will happen.The whole security concerns around boxing are gone imo with the Kinahans on their last legs.Anyway would be more of a national homecoming than a boxing event.

While I'd like to see her retire for her longterm brain health a Croke Park fight is probably the last box she wants to tick. Nothing could top the weekend gone bar a blockbuster fight at home.

Add in that Eddie Hearn knows he could sell 80k tickets & the residents would probably even come on board for such an icon and I definitely think its a massive runner.

Whatever happens hopefully she goes out on her own terms,an absolute legend.

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Retire on top katie

—---

--------

Fair point

The tragedy of it all is that Anthony Joshua looks up to Katie Taylor who only earns 1/40th of what he does even though her matches are 10 times more exciting than his. Something very wrong here...

--------

You obviously know very little about boxing if you say AJs fights are boring, his fight with klitschko is contender for fight of the decade hands down, women's boxing is a poor standard to men's.. I watched Taylors fight last night and the amount of fresh air punches, the inaccuracy, the weakness of punches thrown was unbelievable, boxing is a mans game, did you watch furys last fight, fury knocked out whyte with an uppercut, that's what power does its what women boxers lack and can be very frustrating to watch, when was the last time there was a knock out in women's boxing, Its almost unheard of "

------------

Sign seen at the local zoo...

"DO NOT FEED THE TROLL"

Thanks for your keen insights and intelligent observations that "boxing is a man's game" I can only empathise with your harrowing frustration when watching boxing that you just don't see more and more people knocked out unc0nscious just for your pleasure. Also the "inaccuracy" of the Taylor Serrano match were only made more apparently obvious indeed last week by Dillian Whyte blindling swinging throwing hooks and overhand rights which missed Fury by at least a two foot margin but then again what would I know as I "obviously know very little about boxing"

Anyway, great to see you're finally getting lots of fresh air these days as in your profile pic

Post new Message to Thread