FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

What lessons did you learn the hard way?

Jump to newest

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

From the lounge

That some people interact with you genuinely and others only do so for self interest

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Polyamoury is a massive risk to a marriage

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

People don't change

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

People change

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

We need to decide if people change or they don’t

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

People say they're going to change but never do

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"We need to decide if people change or they don’t "

I am definetly not the man i was 25 years ago shy, reserved monagonus yes I have changed

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

People say they will never change, but then do.

over a year ago

Changing ya Fab name and realising ya can't change it back for a week

over a year ago

"We need to decide if people change or they don’t

I am definetly not the man i was 25 years ago shy, reserved monagonus yes I have changed

"

I have changed in the ladt few years and still working on change all the time.

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

People don't change the way you expect or would like them to - which may not be compatible with how you yourself change as time goes by

By *OCONO5Couple
over a year ago

Sensual Center

Don't eat yellow snow

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

The people you try to be friends with as a teenager are not important to the rest of your life

over a year ago

People who have only interest in themselves will only talk about themselves all the time, the me me and me syndrome. They may struggle to listen and even if you get a word i edgeways, thr conversations will go back to being about them again as you said nothing lol. Poor communication or acknowledge of others.

over a year ago

A true friend who will ALWAYS have your back no matter what are very very rare.

over a year ago

Long distance relationships are not worth the hassle

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Choose your battles wisely

over a year ago

"People don't change the way you expect or would like them to - which may not be compatible with how you yourself change as time goes by

"

People shouldn't have expectations of others to change because no one can change a person because people must really want change themselves.

over a year ago

Sometimes, I am the asshole.

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"People don't change the way you expect or would like them to - which may not be compatible with how you yourself change as time goes by

People shouldn't have expectations of others to change because no one can change a person because people must really want change themselves. "

The words should have, could have and would have - should be struck from the dictionary

(hence why I said "expect or would like to" - I learned that having expectations let's you down time and time again - so I try my utmost not to have expectations - of people, of events, of life in general - I take it as it comes, while I hope for the best).

over a year ago

"The people you try to be friends with as a teenager are not important to the rest of your life"

Some people peak in high school

over a year ago

"The people you try to be friends with as a teenager are not important to the rest of your life

Some people peak in high school "

Crikey, I’m actually thinking about folk that fit into this comment and it’s true!

over a year ago

The rain mostly appears on your days off

over a year ago

"People who have only interest in themselves will only talk about themselves all the time, the me me and me syndrome. They may struggle to listen and even if you get a word i edgeways, thr conversations will go back to being about them again as you said nothing lol. Poor communication or acknowledge of others. "

And they're the people we need to distance ourselves from so that the me, me, me people just have themselves or similar to talk to

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"People who have only interest in themselves will only talk about themselves all the time, the me me and me syndrome. They may struggle to listen and even if you get a word i edgeways, thr conversations will go back to being about them again as you said nothing lol. Poor communication or acknowledge of others.

And they're the people we need to distance ourselves from so that the me, me, me people just have themselves or similar to talk to "

THAT'S why nobody talks to me, me, me...

over a year ago

"People who have only interest in themselves will only talk about themselves all the time, the me me and me syndrome. They may struggle to listen and even if you get a word i edgeways, thr conversations will go back to being about them again as you said nothing lol. Poor communication or acknowledge of others.

And they're the people we need to distance ourselves from so that the me, me, me people just have themselves or similar to talk to

THAT'S why nobody talks to me, me, me... "

Or it could be that you've 90% of fab blocked from messaging ya

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"

You aged and naturally changed to suit yourself.

Could you change to suit someone else,even if you knew it was for the better?

By *andytownMan
over a year ago

Gods Own Country

Allways open a door before you go through it

By *illiwontiCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Never slide down a wooden banister naked

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Life's too short to hold a grudge.

over a year ago

People shouldn't have expectations of others to change because no one can change a person because people must really want change themselves.

The words should have, could have and would have - should be struck from the dictionary

(hence why I said "expect or would like to" - I learned that having expectations let's you down time and time again - so I try my utmost not to have expectations - of people, of events, of life in general - I take it as it comes, while I hope for the best). "

I definitely agree with part of that but unfortunately i suppose they are in thr dictionary. I know how you feel in as far as wanting someone to change, i have to step back big time from those who don't especially if it effects my life negatively. Aswell just working on patience and tolerance helps but not in all cases.

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

That some people's interest in you is to only futher themselves on here .....

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Just because theyre blood related doesnt mean you have to put up with their shit and continue having them in your life

over a year ago

"Just because theyre blood related doesnt mean you have to put up with their shit and continue having them in your life"

It's an accident of birth, nothing more

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Or it could be that you've 90% of fab blocked from messaging ya "

I enjoy a bit of solitude - nothing like a bit of quiet, and just thoughts of...me, me, me

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

(hence why I said "expect or would like to" - I learned that having expectations let's you down time and time again - so I try my utmost not to have expectations - of people, of events, of life in general - I take it as it comes, while I hope for the best).

I definitely agree with part of that but unfortunately i suppose they are in thr dictionary. I know how you feel in as far as wanting someone to change, i have to step back big time from those who don't especially if it effects my life negatively. Aswell just working on patience and tolerance helps but not in all cases. "

I don't want anyone to change for me. I prefer authenticity - it just took the occasional lesson to realise that . So just be yourself, that way I can decide if I want you to be a part of my life or not

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

When you fall out of a tree try and hit a branch on the way down otherwise it’s gonna hurt really bad when you hit the ground. Well it’s going to hurt either way

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"When you fall out of a tree try and hit a branch on the way down otherwise it’s gonna hurt really bad when you hit the ground. Well it’s going to hurt either way"

Did you try both ways?

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

A genuine honest caring person who works for the greater good; tries to solve problems that affect society and is selfless in his interactions, is going to be very disappointed by the behaviour of people and should prepare for this letdown; plausibility is at one of a continuum and genuine selflessness is at the other extreme.

Crucially, when you expose selfishness and what is really narcissism prepare yourself for a violent backlash, instantaneously.

These people do not like to be stripped of their carefully crafted veneer of respectability and fraudulence.

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

"When you fall out of a tree try and hit a branch on the way down otherwise it’s gonna hurt really bad when you hit the ground. Well it’s going to hurt either way

Did you try both ways? "

Not voluntarily.

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

I definitely agree with part of that but unfortunately i suppose they are in thr dictionary. I know how you feel in as far as wanting someone to change, i have to step back big time from those who don't especially if it effects my life negatively. Aswell just working on patience and tolerance helps but not in all cases.

I don't want anyone to change for me. I prefer authenticity - it just took the occasional lesson to realise that . So just be yourself, that way I can decide if I want you to be a part of my life or not "

couldn't have put it better

By *ightower2021Man
over a year ago

donegal

I DO , is the worst 2 words in the English dictionary

over a year ago

Most people you meet are acquaintances very few are actual friends

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

That not everyone has a heart like mine x

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

That most people are selfish

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

You aged and naturally changed to suit yourself.

Could you change to suit someone else,even if you knew it was for the better?

"

Yes part of that change has being to suit others maybe not to the extent of their expectations

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

The other lesson I've learned was why it's called fishing and not catching

over a year ago

I enjoy a bit of solitude - nothing like a bit of quiet, and just thoughts of...me, me, me "

I'm sure plenty others enjoy quiet time & thoughts of you, you, you too

over a year ago

Sometimes you have to be an asshole even if you don’t enjoy it.

By *t777Woman
over a year ago

close by

How to deal with fab

over a year ago

"How to deal with fab "

Yes huge one there i think the break works well for me definitely. But everyone is different how they deal with it, i suppose its like the real world it can be difficult, people, places, things.

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

People will treat you the way you let them

By *indenMan
over a year ago

Naas which is South West of Dublin

"Choose your battles wisely"

For some reason I read that as “choose your batteries wisely”……

over a year ago

Don't eat yellow snow..

By *arajeanCouple
over a year ago

mayo

Not to trust anyone

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

You'll learn more from pain than you will from pleasure

By *egsyWoman
over a year ago

Meath

You cant have a proper relationship with a "fab" man

By *indenMan
over a year ago

"You cant have a proper relationship with a "fab" man"

What about something improper?….

over a year ago

"Choose your battles wisely

For some reason I read that as “choose your batteries wisely”…… "

Lol love the humour, speaking of batteries mine are charging as we speak.

By *egsyWoman
over a year ago

Meath

"You cant have a proper relationship with a "fab" man

What about something improper?…. "

Haha thats why im here

over a year ago

"Most people you meet are acquaintances very few are actual friends"
very true

By *yesgreenMan
over a year ago

north and south

Lol love the humour, speaking of batteries mine are charging as we speak. "

Change will come as respect for compromise between two adults and batteries can help

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

same

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin

If you bend over backwards for someone, you get fucked in the face…

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

"We need to decide if people change or they don’t "

Regrettably, personality disorders are essentially untreatable; you can tinker a little at the edges using a variety of therapies, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, but fundamental change is impossible.

Organic mental illnesses can be treatable with psychotropic medication, which takes several weeks to kick in, but if the person stops taking meds then the illness surfaces.

From experience, long and very hard won experience over many decades, walk away if you spot ANY red flags. If you decide to stay be prepared for a very rough time.

Some people would like to change and may articulate a desire to change but my view is that they won't because they cannot change

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

Never walk around a golf course in stilettos and if you do, don't look back at the mess you left behind

By *lassy lady 216Woman
over a year ago

Craigavon

Too always look out for no 1 first

By *indenMan
over a year ago

Lol love the humour, speaking of batteries mine are charging as we speak. "

Please consider environmental impacts and fully research other alternatives…..

By *indenMan
over a year ago

"You cant have a proper relationship with a "fab" man

What about something improper?….

Haha thats why im here "

I could hear the collective “excellent” as this was read…..

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"People say they're going to change but never do"

I think you are who you are and your core beliefs don’t change or are certainly very resistant to change . You can gradually modify how you respond to things over time and that might be enough .

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Never walk around a golf course in stilettos and if you do, don't look back at the mess you left behind "

Hopefully you stayed off the greens

over a year ago

"Never walk around a golf course in stilettos and if you do, don't look back at the mess you left behind "

Disgraceful behaviour

over a year ago

It's very popular on Fab and I'm talking about "face pic with first message". There are easy way to eliminate learning curve hard way. Find out few basic information about each other before exchanging your face pic (obviously if you not blocked by then) Just to make sure it's not your neighbours,or coworkers or friends of family etc...

By *umon337Man
over a year ago

Offaly

To change the tone of my inner voice and give myself a break.

By *konomiyaki2018Man
over a year ago

Around

If somebody says something is easy, 99 times out of 100, it isn't.

Either they don't know what they are talking about or they're BSing

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

"Never walk around a golf course in stilettos and if you do, don't look back at the mess you left behind

Hopefully you stayed off the greens "

Actually it was a pitch n putt course so there were only greens

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

"Never walk around a golf course in stilettos and if you do, don't look back at the mess you left behind

Disgraceful behaviour "

Gimme a break, I was only 12

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Disgraceful behaviour

Gimme a break, I was only 12 "

I actually think thats a good idea for a photo ....JP wouldn't mind you wrecking Adare Manor once he sees the photo

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

That's what a plugin chargeable device is for. But best to be on the safe side with both, plenty of backup batteries when there's a power outage - yes, A la Carte sucked too much energy out of the national grid (I'm sure I have a li'l help from friends)

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

I enjoy a bit of solitude - nothing like a bit of quiet, and just thoughts of...me, me, me

I'm sure plenty others enjoy quiet time & thoughts of you, you, you too "

Such a charmer

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

Disgraceful behaviour

I actually think thats a good idea for a photo ....JP wouldn't mind you wrecking Adare Manor once he sees the photo "

Ah no, Fitirishcpl have the contract for the golfing pics and deservedly so

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Don't waste an instance longer than necessary on hopeless cases;

if there isn't reciprocity cut your losses and find a more compatible person with whom to interact.

Life's too short.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Disgraceful behaviour

I actually think thats a good idea for a photo ....JP wouldn't mind you wrecking Adare Manor once he sees the photo

Ah no, Fitirishcpl have the contract for the golfing pics and deservedly so "

So you don't play around

By *ngel and EvilCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

Actions speak louder than words.

And people make promises they dont intend to keep...

By *ightower2021Man
over a year ago

donegal

For some reason I read that as “choose your batteries wisely”…… same "

God is this what fab has done to us I read it exactly the same haha

By *ildb3rryWoman
over a year ago

Ratoath

Listen to people who know and love you when they voice their opinion on the person you're dating

over a year ago

That I shouldn’t drink….

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

Always send it in an email as some people will deny whats agreed in phone calls

By *igertigerCouple (MM)
over a year ago

cc hotel

no family is perfect. Move on, cut ties, no regrets. Siblings not partners.

By *ensualandslow321Man
over a year ago

Tullamore

Never take you eye off a chainsaw, its always out to do you

By *m_kittenWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Employers are carrots and you are the donkey haha.

over a year ago

To think before you act or speak

By *ameswXXXMan
over a year ago

Killarney

"From the lounge

That some people interact with you genuinely and others only do so for self interest "

always the hard way always

By *B 4099Man
over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

Scurrilous gossip is alive and well in most work environments and elsewhere.

By *ara198Woman
over a year ago

maynooth

[Removed by poster at 02/05/22 22:21:35]

By *ara198Woman
over a year ago

maynooth

That I should've listened to my mother

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

"Scurrilous gossip is alive and well in most work environments and elsewhere. "

That's a massive red flag that you're working in a toxic environment; usually there is one principal twat who is infecting the place like a virus; the key safeguard is to set very clear boundaries and mark their card at the earliest opportunity!

over a year ago

Everyone is winging it. No one has life mastered

just enjoy the ride!!

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

"Everyone is winging it. No one has life mastered "

And the pace of change is increasing exponentially; you need to be running nowadays, just to stand still! Which is why I devote so much time to keeping up to date!

Post new Message to Thread