Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Dealing with sycophantic approaches

Jump to newest

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

From the lounge

When On the forum or a kick group (without the c) .

Do the ladies Sometimes get the feeling that someone's just blowing smoke up their ass (as it were) to try and get a shag , without any specific interest in them at all ? The any hole is a goal approach ? That it could easily be any other lady receiving that compliment ? The equivalent of a copy and paste Pm to many people .

How do you deal with it ?

Interact and see if genuine and something happens ? Maybe steer the conversation away from sex ?

Or see as a massive red flag and avoid at all costs ?

Does it depend on who’s doing it ?

Would be interesting to hear the female perspective but also the male one too if it’s something they have observed

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Lmfao @ "sometimes" - hyperbole is a given around here

The only thing I'm interested in is "do I fancy shagging this guy"

over a year ago

Massive red flag.ignore at all costs

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Ironic that a thread about sychophantic approaches is in itself a sychophantic approach by suggesting it's a male preserve.

over a year ago

"Ironic that a thread about sychophantic approaches is in itself a sychophantic approach by suggesting it's a male preserve. "

Ooh you're so clever

over a year ago

"Ironic that a thread about sychophantic approaches is in itself a sychophantic approach by suggesting it's a male preserve.

Ooh you're so clever "

No , you are

over a year ago

"Ironic that a thread about sychophantic approaches is in itself a sychophantic approach by suggesting it's a male preserve.

Ooh you're so clever

No , you are "

Aww thanks, beautiful

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Only just about every single one yes

over a year ago

"Only just about every single one yes"

It's gotta work a bit better than "fuck, you're ugly, but sure I'm horny"

over a year ago

Im blind to it, as long as its not rude, disrespectful or arrogant i dont care.

over a year ago

"Im blind to it, as long as its not rude, disrespectful or arrogant i dont care. "

Roses are Red

Remember that time at the lake when we saw a duck

Oh you looked so stunning that day

So do ya fancy a

By *organ DeanWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

I fully expect that what is said to me in forums could be said to anyone, unless there are specifics e.g 'pottery'.

I only say what I mean but I expect 90% of what is said to me is fluff.

The play/pass games are very telling mind. Note the passes for when they return as play a later time if they're having a slow day

It takes me a while to approach someone I like from the forums bc of this, I watch and learn for weeks before I give someone backstage access

over a year ago

"Im blind to it, as long as its not rude, disrespectful or arrogant i dont care.

Roses are Red

So do ya fancy a "

PMSL (oops was swooning the intended effect??!!)

But i do love a good giggle of a morning xx

over a year ago

"I fully expect that what is said to me in forums could be said to anyone, unless there are specifics e.g 'pottery'.

The play/pass games are very telling mind. Note the passes for when they return as play a later time if they're having a slow day

It takes me a while to approach someone I like from the forums bc of this, I watch and learn for weeks before I give someone backstage access "

Do you have a spreadsheet?

By *organ DeanWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

"I fully expect that what is said to me in forums could be said to anyone, unless there are specifics e.g 'pottery'.

It takes me a while to approach someone I like from the forums bc of this, I watch and learn for weeks before I give someone backstage access

Do you have a spreadsheet? "

Haha it would help

over a year ago

It takes me a while to approach someone I like from the forums bc of this, I watch and learn for weeks before I give someone backstage access "

Very sensible approach

over a year ago

"Im blind to it, as long as its not rude, disrespectful or arrogant i dont care.

Roses are Red

So do ya fancy a

PMSL (oops was swooning the intended effect??!!)

But i do love a good giggle of a morning xx "

Was a bit too much , should I have toned it down a little

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"Ironic that a thread about sychophantic approaches is in itself a sychophantic approach by suggesting it's a male preserve. "

It’s a ratio thing

I assume if someone is flirting with me on fab , then there is something more than a general horn I suppose

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Only just about every single one yes

It's gotta work a bit better than "fuck, you're ugly, but sure I'm horny" "

What about fuck I'm ugly...I suppose a ride is out of the question

over a year ago

What about fuck I'm ugly...I suppose a ride is out of the question "

We do get the toned down version "I know you'd never meet me but...."

What girl could turn down the prospect of someone who sees themselves as a pity fuck...

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

It’s a ratio thing

I assume if someone is flirting with me on fab , then there is something more than a general horn I suppose "

The problem is when pretty much every single mail is (at the very least) an attempt at flirting. You get numb to it

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

What about fuck I'm ugly...I suppose a ride is out of the question

We do get the toned down version "I know you'd never meet me but...."

What girl could turn down the prospect of someone who sees themselves as a pity fuck... "

Throws his script out the window

By *adbod2020Man
over a year ago

Galway

These days my first message are all very similar.

I introduce myself, depending on how revealing the person's profile is will determine whether I try reference any part of it as to show I've actually read the profile.

I will then give a short but honest few sentences as to why I'm on Fab and what I'm hoping to get out of my time on Fab.

I will attach a pic or two and wish them a happy day or something along those lines.

I ask nothing I just hope that by being respectful, sending pics and asking no stupid questions that I get the person to at least look at my profile and Maybe get a reply. The flirting etc can be done once chatting begins and if there is any chemistry.

over a year ago

What about fuck I'm ugly...I suppose a ride is out of the question "

over a year ago

I take the "fluff" compliments on here with a pinch of salt, especially in the first message when they haven't a clue what I look like.

over a year ago

My standard response to flattery is

"Cheers " I'm a dry shite and even if was sincere I have no game.

If I had a pound for every time I'd been told I was stunning, well I wouldn't be rich, but I could maybe buy myself some new trainers. It's nonsense.

K

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

I had to look up the meaning of sycophant

I don't do groups because of the negativity - more difficult to avoid there than just scrolling past a thread here where that starts on the Forum.

I'm just here (on the Forum) for a bit of harmless, flirtatious fun and banter. Put a little of my personality out there, see a bit of others', who catches the eye...

Never know if one day we'll attend a social or a party where we might meet those I've interacted with - you can all run a mile then, start training

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
over a year ago

ireland

Are you suggesting that us ladies would be at that carryon RB

over a year ago

Hhmm. Just for clarity. Backstage access means????

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

Ooh err missus

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

It’s a ratio thing

I assume if someone is flirting with me on fab , then there is something more than a general horn I suppose

The problem is when pretty much every single mail is (at the very least) an attempt at flirting. You get numb to it "

But presumably people that have made the effort to read the profile and find compatibility get a more pleasant response to the flirting than a scatter gun approach

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

It’s a ratio thing

The problem is when pretty much every single mail is (at the very least) an attempt at flirting. You get numb to it

But presumably people that have made the effort to read the profile and find compatibility get a more pleasant response to the flirting than a scatter gun approach "

Sure, the pleasant ones are the only ones that have any kind of hope for a response

By *organ DeanWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

Hhmm. Just for clarity. Backstage access means???? "

Haha only a wink

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

I'm busy practicing the song now...its now called the pottery song in my head

By *organ DeanWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

"I'm busy practicing the song now...its now called the pottery song in my head "

Haha you'll have to sing it to me

By *affa31Woman
over a year ago

Galway

It’s constant but you learn to roll your eyes and move on. You’d want to do more than compliment my profile pics to get into my pants.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

It's easy enough to avoid the arse licking threads, some posts are truly cringeworthy.

But just for the balance, women dish out compliments quite generously too on here (and might regret it later when the direct messages are hitting the inbox)

Anyhow we all love a compliment and it's part of the waltz to get the leg over. It's just some are more skilled at dancing than others. Given the nature of the site of course most is simple flattery.

By *ettaManMan
over a year ago

Kerry and Dublin

"

The problem is when pretty much every single mail is (at the very least) an attempt at flirting. You get numb to it "

Any suggestions as to the alternative?

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"

"

Try the intellectual conversation approach - sure, what woman here really wants to be wooed or flirted with for sex on an adult website

"Good afternoon, could I interest you in a discussion on the different aspects between Jung and Freud's theory?" gets me every time!

Or

"Have you ever thought about the vastness of the universe, the alignment of stars, their constellations and how they impact planet Earth?"

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

"

"Have you ever thought about the vastness of the universe, the alignment of stars, their constellations and how they impact planet Earth?" "

I’ve regularly thought about Uranus

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"

"Have you ever thought about the vastness of the universe, the alignment of stars, their constellations and how they impact planet Earth?"

I’ve regularly thought about Uranus "

The sun shines out of it too

By *affa31Woman
over a year ago

Galway

"

"

Silly jokes are the quickest way into my pants

Or a question about something on my profile or on the forum etc

over a year ago

Wait are they not all the most stunning hilarious beautiful creatures that ever walked the earth?

Opppps

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

"

I’ve regularly thought about Uranus

The sun shines out of it too "

It’s certainly large enough to fit a sun in there...

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"

"

A dick picture.

By *igglebutt and FoamyCouple
over a year ago

Kildare, Cork

so out of curiosity, if women on here are so numb to messages from men making the first move, do the women on here make the first move in contacting someone/men they are interested in or just wait until a message that interests them comes along?

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"so out of curiosity, if women on here are so numb to messages from men making the first move, do the women on here make the first move in contacting someone/men they are interested in or just wait until a message that interests them comes along? "

I'm with himself after having made first contact, and yes, I have no qualms initiating contact with a profile of interest.

By *organ DeanWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

"so out of curiosity, if women on here are so numb to messages from men making the first move, do the women on here make the first move in contacting someone/men they are interested in or just wait until a message that interests them comes along? "

I have all the message filters on so I have to initiate contact myself. I prefer it that way.

By *ettaManMan
over a year ago

Kerry and Dublin

"Try the intellectual conversation approach - sure, what woman here really wants to be wooed or flirted with for sex on an adult website

"Good afternoon, could I interest you in a discussion on the different aspects between Jung and Freud's theory?" gets me every time!

Or

"Have you ever thought about the vastness of the universe, the alignment of stars, their constellations and how they impact planet Earth?" "

Stop! You're getting me going now

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"

Try the intellectual conversation approach - sure, what woman here really wants to be wooed or flirted with for sex on an adult website

Or

Do you realize

We're floating in space?

Do you realize

That happiness makes you cry?

Do you realize

That everyone you know someday will die?

And instead of saying all of your goodbyes

Let them know you realize that life goes fast

It's hard to make the good things last

You realize the sun doesn't go down

It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round

Post new Message to Thread