Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Christmas time fun, and being alone.

Jump to newest

By *ultiO OP   Man
over a year ago

Galway

So I've been on this site, on and off, for a few months. I'm specifically looking for a little fun, or a fuckbuddy to experience new things.

There is an interesting dichotomy though, obviously women are spammed to hell and back, so it would be rude to try to reach out more than once, but it does seem "pointless" to reach out at all sometimes because obviously time is limited so responding to unverified people is a low priority.

That being said, I am still interested in puttering around the site and seeing whats out there. So I wanted to throw up this forum post, to see how people feel in the holidays, is anyone stuck at home, or do you have people to spend the time with?

And most importantly, I wish everyone happy holidays, enjoy yourselves have a nice dinner, and "work" together to burn some of that off

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Welcome to the forums OP. Speaking for myself im staying close to home and only meeting a few friends and family. I like the quiet time.

You are right about the messaging really, keep an eye on forums for socials advertised or Help a Fabber out threads, they might offer an opportunity to get verified.

Good luck

By *ultiO OP   Man
over a year ago

Galway

That makes a lot of sense actually, not been using the forum enough. Then again I'm not really the type to come up with new and interesting threads. I prefer to get into a conversation hah!

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

You don't need to start new threads op, what rubs is suggesting is to keep an eye out on the Irish forum for socials as they are all advertised here. For many of them you don't need to be meet verified to attend and they are a great way to meet people and get that verification. Good luck

over a year ago

It is not an usual experience. Sometimes people just won't click with you through a message, but then they might have a lot of messages to look through.

over a year ago

Hi OP.

Myself, I’m working until 10am on Xmas day but will be spending it with family and keeping my contacts very minimal over the Xmas period. As for clicking with someone just be patient and I’m sure it will happen. I’m hoping to arrange some coffee chats very soon and finally get that elusive verification.

Happy Christmas.

By *ultiO OP   Man
over a year ago

Galway

Thanks for the messages everyone! It is most appreciated.

Glad that most of ye are spending time with family.

over a year ago

I'm sitting in front of a lovely fire, drinking a bottle or prosecco watching Notting Hill on my own , but I'm blessed that my family are safe and well, a new baby has arrived, a friend git engaged and I've cried tears of joy today. I'm sure probably will cry a few sad ones later too. But one thing I've learnt you can take nothing for granted.

By *ultiO OP   Man
over a year ago

Galway

That sounds lovely, even though you're on your own at the moment, there is definitely some Christmas spirit there.

By *ensualnFunCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"I'm sitting in front of a lovely fire, drinking a bottle or prosecco watching Notting Hill on my own , but I'm blessed that my family are safe and well, a new baby has arrived, a friend git engaged and I've cried tears of joy today. I'm sure probably will cry a few sad ones later too. But one thing I've learnt you can take nothing for granted. "

Very true. Enjoy whoever you’re having Christmas with and if you’re on your own… know they are always people thinking of you

By *anKinkyMan
over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

No fun as a single man with no kids,Why you fcuk the likes of me out of a bar that has been treble jabbed after 8pm and sit in my house alone? depression

over a year ago

Overdoing the Xmas spirits, sitting in front of the fire watching TV. Honestly, the Xmas tree and decorations are still in the roof space. Live on my own, no kids, can’t see the point. Spending Xmas day with family though.

over a year ago

"Overdoing the Xmas spirits, sitting in front of the fire watching TV. Honestly, the Xmas tree and decorations are still in the roof space. Live on my own, no kids, can’t see the point. Spending Xmas day with family though. "

Sorry buddy, but if you’re healthy and fit this day will pass and you will be grand. Hope you’re ok!

over a year ago

"Overdoing the Xmas spirits, sitting in front of the fire watching TV. Honestly, the Xmas tree and decorations are still in the roof space. Live on my own, no kids, can’t see the point. Spending Xmas day with family though. "

I have felt that way over the years and really struggled this time of year but its one day and it shall pass. The way I see it now I'm lucky to have family to spend the time with. Have also learnt to stop comparing my Xmas to other people's.

By *organ DeanWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

Sitting in front of the fire watching tv sounds lovely tbh

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

One vital lesson that I have learned over the last two years of lockdowns, Covid, etc., is to be self resilient; I may at times be alone but I am never lonely.

The key is to enrich one's life and if any one aspect of life is either interrupted, disrupted or discontinued, then just realign and readjust.

The key is to have multiple strings to one's bow, to coin an ancient expression.

By *im tim timMan
over a year ago

c

plenty xmas drinks.good programs on tv.good food.lovely hot fire.plus my daughters are here for the day.what more could one want..

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"One vital lesson that I have learned over the last two years of lockdowns, Covid, etc., is to be self resilient; I may at times be alone but I am never lonely.

The key is to enrich one's life and if any one aspect of life is either interrupted, disrupted or discontinued, then just realign and readjust.

The key is to have multiple strings to one's bow, to coin an ancient expression. "

Some of my loneliest Ever moments have been during large gatherings

By *organ DeanWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

"One vital lesson that I have learned over the last two years of lockdowns, Covid, etc., is to be self resilient; I may at times be alone but I am never lonely.

The key is to have multiple strings to one's bow, to coin an ancient expression.

Some of my loneliest Ever moments have been during large gatherings "

Large gatherings emphasise the loneliness.

By *ightower2021Man
over a year ago

donegal

Home alone here too you kinda get used to it

By *ilderMan
over a year ago

dublin

With family for a few days. Then back to Dublin, no plans made until March next year (a short break with friends), soon back to an empty house. I'd love to have some plans to look forward too.

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Ah Christmas a time when people expect everything to be perfect and if 1 thing is out of place they think oh no I'm a failure or a weirdo or bla bla bla.. Wake up people it's just like any other day.. Life isn't supposed to be perfect if it was then it wouldn't be called life now would it

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Mercifully, I never feel lonely, although I often work and study on my own.

Furthermore, I derive a lot of pleasure from reading the disparate threads on the fab forum and responding to many.

The weather today has been abysmal, to put it mildly, but hopefully next year will be better than the last two!

Post new Message to Thread