Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Sinn fein

Jump to newest

By *osmicGate OP   Man
over a year ago

louth

Sinn féin trouncing FG/FF government in the polls.. They've made promises to cut carbon taxes along with a raft of other tax cuts.. Sounds great but I fear if they get into government they will be even worse than the current crop.. Their fantasy economics just don't add up and I would have voted sinn féin in the past

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

They will get in next time around. God help us

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Cosmic that probably be lot of people's opinion... so once again people will vote a FF/FG and other party alliance and the same crap politics will continue they dontnhave ability or desire to change anything.....

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

By *inxySTV/TS
over a year ago

dublin

[Removed by poster at 13/12/21 18:02:51]

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

Well the leading parties were warned housing was a primary issue for young voters for whom the SF history is less relevant . And they didn’t properly act

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/12/21 18:30:53]

over a year ago

Don't think SF will fix anything and will in all likelihood make some things worse. Still FF and FG are so feckin arrogant, so deaf to the needs of anyone under 35. I will give SF a preference well before those two but it's SDs, Greens (yes I know), PBP, even Labour before them.

over a year ago

The lack of more plausible alternatives to the main two parties means they will probably get a chance to govern next time round.

I always wonder if there is an easier job in the world than a politician in the opposition.

This is far from a unique problem to Ireland though regardless of what some would make out

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

How can anyone possibly do worse than FF/FG????????? The crashed the country into the ground in 2008/9, remember? The problem is when eventually there's a change in power the country is do f****ed up, privatised, sold out, corrupted etc. that it will be extremely hard to swing this around and there's no short time solution, it will take decades.

over a year ago

Give them a chance!! If they dont make it better then have a go.Dont judge them on their past. In all fairness can't do any worse than what we have been putting up with all our lives. Its time for change in this country and unity for the better I hope. FF/FG have made fools of us all with decades time for them to move over.

By *amien88Man
over a year ago

wicklow

"Give them a chance!! If they dont make it better then have a go.Dont judge them on their past. In all fairness can't do any worse than what we have been putting up with all our lives. Its time for change in this country and unity for the better I hope. FF/FG have made fools of us all with decades time for them to move over. "
still need to balance the books somewhere

over a year ago

"Give them a chance!! If they dont make it better then have a go.Dont judge them on their past. In all fairness can't do any worse than what we have been putting up with all our lives. Its time for change in this country and unity for the better I hope. FF/FG have made fools of us all with decades time for them to move over. still need to balance the books somewhere"

I understand that but dont judge till they get in. You Wont see 3 pay rises a year when they do get it.

By *omtom1969Man
over a year ago

ashbourne

I've a feeling that when they get in they are all heading to the justice department to pull the files on them all nd wipe them clean

By *ewrideMan
over a year ago

KK

They won't change much in government. Much like the civil war parties their association with past conflicts is waning

By *oxminxCouple
over a year ago

NaughtyVille *×* Laois

"I've a feeling that when they get in they are all heading to the justice department to pull the files on them all nd wipe them clean "

Should Sinn Féin be part of the next Government you can be guaranteed (for optics) their partner in Gov. will hold that Justice post.

Nobody will be destroying records and hopefully the days of leaking public contracts will be done with!

By *hyeyesMan
over a year ago

meath

Sinn Fein are the largest party North and South . We are heading for reunification

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

Be interesting if they got in and reversed all the stupid salaries to the Sinn Fein salary model. I'd like to see that. Few other policies they have I'd like to see implemented too.

It's definitely time FF/FG got the kick in the arse they deserved before Covid started.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Sinn Fein are the largest party North and South . We are heading for reunification

"

Two completely different things

Can see the first one happening eventually

The second one ...not in my lifetime

By *oolpinstripeMan
over a year ago

Kildare

"How can anyone possibly do worse than FF/FG????????? The crashed the country into the ground in 2008/9, remember? The problem is when eventually there's a change in power the country is do f****ed up, privatised, sold out, corrupted etc. that it will be extremely hard to swing this around and there's no short time solution, it will take decades. "

It’s only really old people who remember that far back....

over a year ago

"Sinn Fein are the largest party North and South . We are heading for reunification

The second one ...not in my lifetime "

It will happen within the next decade.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

The second one ...not in my lifetime "

You need to have a look at the demographic changes that have happened in the six counties over the last twenty years. There's a train coming steaming down the track,

over a year ago

They rather sit there point out that everything is wrong and shout about it, they done very little up the north

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"They rather sit there point out that everything is wrong and shout about it, they done very little up the north"

That's a refreshing change from the usual accusations about doing too much up north.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

You need to have a look at the demographic changes that have happened in the six counties over the last twenty years. There's a train coming steaming down the track, "

Do you think the government in london will ever pull the trigger because if they dont its dead in the water

Do you think there's a majority yes North and South ....Dont think yes will win in the south

By *hilaboutMan
over a year ago

kilkenny

I see eoin o broin asking gerry Adams to apologise for words he used in a xmas sketch ..one of their own asking each other to apologise. They'll never change

over a year ago

You need to have a look at the demographic changes that have happened in the six counties over the last twenty years. There's a train coming steaming down the track,

Do you think the government in london will ever pull the trigger because if they dont its dead in the water

Do you think there's a majority yes North and South ....Dont think yes will win in the south

"

I’m not a republican, well maybe I am but I never agreed with the violence although it happened due to circumstances. However the border as is doesn’t make sense. It’s purely political and far from practical. I think many of the older politicians from unionism and republicanism should retire and let younger folk in without so much baggage. The country has to unite at some stage. But it’s now that we all should be reaching out to unionists.

Yes it will cost, but as in the reunification of Germany we must bite the bullet at some stage.

over a year ago

"They rather sit there point out that everything is wrong and shout about it, they done very little up the north"

Like everyone else in opposition

over a year ago

"

75% in favour down south

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

75% in favour down south"

That survey at the weekend said 75% of SF voters as far as I know

over a year ago

I’m not a republican, well maybe I am but I never agreed with the violence although it happened due to circumstances. However the border as is doesn’t make sense. It’s purely political and far from practical. I think many of the older politicians from unionism and republicanism should retire and let younger folk in without so much baggage. The country has to unite at some stage. But it’s now that we all should be reaching out to unionists.

Yes it will cost, but as in the reunification of Germany we must bite the bullet at some stage. "

I dont think it HAS to happen.

Not saying it won't but there is nothing inevitable about it.

Personally od have to consider the practical pros and cons for it.

I have no nationalist urge to see Ireland as a 32 county state.

And from conversations with friends alot of them are similar

over a year ago

I still think the Gerry Adams carol singing is a great video!!!

It's the season to be jolly,

Tiodfaidh are la, la la la la

By *urfdudeMan
over a year ago

WEXFORD

The polls 2 years from an election have no real bearing reality, they are constantly changing.

SF will become more involved in the next government because the 20 to 30 year old age bracket believe they will deilver change. They have a questionable past, no experience of being in government, cannot answer a straight question and reply with the standard company policy line.

In order to get votes they will promise a lot and wont deliver and FG/FF will go in and put us on the right course again.

over a year ago

75% in favour down south

"

And last poll for unity was 75%

over a year ago

"The polls 2 years from an election have no real bearing reality, they are constantly changing.

SF will become more involved in the next government because the 20 to 30 year old age bracket believe they will deilver change. They have a questionable past, no experience of being in government, cannot answer a straight question and reply with the standard company policy line.

In order to get votes they will promise a lot and wont deliver and FG/FF will go in and put us on the right course again."

I would put my house on SF been in full government next time around.

over a year ago

75% in favour down south

And last poll for unity was 75%"

I wonder how the romantic idealism of reunification will stack up for those in Northern Ireland when it comes to how it will actually affect them financially It's easy to be in favour in an opinion poll that has no ramifications on the pocket

over a year ago

75% in favour down south

I wonder how the romantic idealism of reunification will stack up for those in Northern Ireland when it comes to how it will actually affect them financially It's easy to be in favour in an opinion poll that has no ramifications on the pocket"

Not even financial.

Such a profound change could see a huge renewal of violence too

over a year ago

75% in favour down south

I wonder how the romantic idealism of reunification will stack up for those in Northern Ireland when it comes to how it will actually affect them financially It's easy to be in favour in an opinion poll that has no ramifications on the pocket

Not even financial.

Such a profound change could see a huge renewal of violence too"

Absolutely

By *andyman.snrMan
over a year ago

leixlip

"How can anyone possibly do worse than FF/FG????????? The crashed the country into the ground in 2008/9, remember? The problem is when eventually there's a change in power the country is do f****ed up, privatised, sold out, corrupted etc. that it will be extremely hard to swing this around and there's no short time solution, it will take decades. "

This

over a year ago

From a finance perspective I’m sure there would be huge support from the EU as this would get rid of any issues facing Brexit. It would also make the union with Scotland stronger as they probably wouldn’t vote for independence as they would be an island in the EU and I don’t think the EU would be thrilled to have Scotland as a member due to the border. Brexit was a shame as it economically united Europe and was a supper set up in relation to goods, travel etc, but alas. In fairness the British have become more republican than we are and only then is it great!!

over a year ago

75% in favour down south

I wonder how the romantic idealism of reunification will stack up for those in Northern Ireland when it comes to how it will actually affect them financially It's easy to be in favour in an opinion poll that has no ramifications on the pocket"

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"

I think the government in London will have no choice but to call the referendum at some point. They'll probably resist but they're going to need to start making friends soon enough and if they ride roughshod over yet another agreement that they signed up to they'll end up with nobody to trade with.

North of the border has huge demographic change happening. At the moment, ideological unionism is no longer in a majority. Pro union voters are now made up of the ideological unionist voters plus pragmatic or economic unionists. The latter groups will be easier to convince of the merits of reunification than the former and this group will likely shrink over the next while as well.

South of the border, I don't see a no vote being likely. I think once proper debate starts people will become more positive about the idea. There's quite a few myths being bandied about at the moment about the downside of it.

over a year ago

Sure leave them at it, if they fuck it up we will vote in the same lot we always do. Have at it Shinners

over a year ago

It'll take more than the first term to sort half the mess out. I hope they get a fair crack at it

FF/FG look after the rich and punish the poor. Constantly getting pay rises for nothing. Nurses on shit money then

By *lameBoyMan
over a year ago

Enfield & Dublin

"Sinn féin trouncing FG/FF government in the polls.. They've made promises to cut carbon taxes along with a raft of other tax cuts.. Sounds great but I fear if they get into government they will be even worse than the current crop.. Their fantasy economics just don't add up and I would have voted sinn féin in the past "

Their focus hopefully will be on the ordinary citizens which will be a monumental change from the current shower and their predecessors. Developers, bankers, insurance companies and big business are in for a shock.

over a year ago

I'm certainly no Provo supporter, but I'll give them a 2nd or 3rd preference if I think they'll build more social housing

over a year ago

"I'm certainly no Provo supporter, but I'll give them a 2nd or 3rd preference if I think they'll build more social housing"

Oh so vote in the same clowns again is it? Each to their own I suppose.

over a year ago

"I'm certainly no Provo supporter, but I'll give them a 2nd or 3rd preference if I think they'll build more social housing

Oh so vote in the same clowns again is it? Each to their own I suppose. "

What makes you think that?

I usually give my No1 to a smaller left party but the likelihood is they'll be eliminated therefore Sinn Fein will get my vote eventually

over a year ago

"I'm certainly no Provo supporter, but I'll give them a 2nd or 3rd preference if I think they'll build more social housing

Oh so vote in the same clowns again is it? Each to their own I suppose.

What makes you think that?

I usually give my No1 to a smaller left party but the likelihood is they'll be eliminated therefore Sinn Fein will get my vote eventually"

Just your comment about no provo supporter is all. People need to move on from what happened in the past. the younger generation will vote SF cause all they've put up with is FF/FG destroying the country and looking after the rich. In not expert just my opinion.

By *ublinguy99Man
over a year ago

Dublin South

SF are political chameleons, telling everyone what they want to hear. If they get into government and have to take responsibility for their actions we will soon see how different they are from the current crop. As for a united Ireland it cannot be assumed that all those who identify as Irish rather than British will vote for such a thing and Id say a lot of people down here will think twice about it too. Despite what the DUP says, NI has it pretty good with the NI Protocol so why would anyone want to wreck that. Its always about the economy.

over a year ago

"SF are political chameleons, telling everyone what they want to hear. If they get into government and have to take responsibility for their actions we will soon see how different they are from the current crop. As for a united Ireland it cannot be assumed that all those who identify as Irish rather than British will vote for such a thing and Id say a lot of people down here will think twice about it too. Despite what the DUP says, NI has it pretty good with the NI Protocol so why would anyone want to wreck that. Its always about the economy. "

Sure that's what the current government have been telling us with years! What we want to hear and we all still voted them in over and over again. Not saying the Sinners will be no different but I definitely think it's worth leaving them try for at least two terms.Cant do any worse. I think a United Ireland is 100% gonna happen wont be easy but I think it will.

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I don't know of many people either side of the border would want to deal with the practicalities of a United Ireland. Especially after Brexit. I do think it will happen but it is a long long way off.

By *osmicGate OP   Man
over a year ago

louth

Sinn fein are a populist party jumping on the latest controversy or issue and reflecting the publics opinion in order to make themselves look good and it is working..this works very well for them in opposition but i suspect when they get into government it wont be easy for them..the sinn fein fantsay calculator will cripple the country

over a year ago

"

Sinn fein are a populist party jumping on the latest controversy or issue and reflecting the publics opinion in order to make themselves look good and it is working..this works very well for them in opposition but i suspect when they get into government it wont be easy for them..the sinn fein fantsay calculator will cripple the country "

Same as the two in charge now so eh.

By *lameBoyMan
over a year ago

Enfield & Dublin

"

Sinn fein are a populist party jumping on the latest controversy or issue and reflecting the publics opinion in order to make themselves look good and it is working..this works very well for them in opposition but i suspect when they get into government it wont be easy for them..the sinn fein fantsay calculator will cripple the country "

They are fighting hard against the insurance industry for one and bringing legislation before the Dail to favour the ordinary people. They have a lot of good financial people in the party.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Its simple for me at this stage....absolutely hate SF and their politicians all my adult live

Always voted ff and then fg

I think I have to put personal feelings aside and give them a vote

The other 2 have destroyed the country and generations of people

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

"Its simple for me at this stage....absolutely hate SF and their politicians all my adult live

Always voted ff and then fg

I think I have to put personal feelings aside and give them a vote

The other 2 have destroyed the country and generations of people

"

My exact feelings. Sooner the better they merge together and we have a proper electoral system. Sf v Ffg

over a year ago

SF had their chance to get into government full of shite the greatest moaner s of all time and corrupt to the core . They'd rather sit in opposition and look the real deal with their moaning bout this and that saying they look out for the less fortunate, do they fuk. Ask the shinners where they're funding come from lol. God help us all if we ever have Mary Lou or Pierce the Saviour Doherty as our taoisigh in the near future I think I'd actually move.

over a year ago

"SF had their chance to get into government full of shite the greatest moaner s of all time and corrupt to the core . They'd rather sit in opposition and look the real deal with their moaning bout this and that saying they look out for the less fortunate, do they fuk. Ask the shinners where they're funding come from lol. God help us all if we ever have Mary Lou or Pierce the Saviour Doherty as our taoisigh in the near future I think I'd actually move. "

Youd wanna start packing so bud

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

Minimum alcohol prices begin here in January.

You can already save a decent wedge tipping up North for booze, amongst other things.

Once that's in and the savings are even more, no self respecting Irish drinker is going to want the availability of cheap drink without needing to fly/sail to go away. Drinkers are a large proportion of the Irish voters.

Doesn't affect me. I'm a homebrewer

By *athie macMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Unfortunately it will never happen as the government has to be at least two party's :

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"SF are political chameleons, telling everyone what they want to hear. If they get into government and have to take responsibility for their actions we will soon see how different they are from the current crop. As for a united Ireland it cannot be assumed that all those who identify as Irish rather than British will vote for such a thing and Id say a lot of people down here will think twice about it too. Despite what the DUP says, NI has it pretty good with the NI Protocol so why would anyone want to wreck that. Its always about the economy.

Sure that's what the current government have been telling us with years! What we want to hear and we all still voted them in over and over again. Not saying the Sinners will be no different but I definitely think it's worth leaving them try for at least two terms.Cant do any worse. I think a United Ireland is 100% gonna happen wont be easy but I think it will. "

Financial issues aside... im not sure many have realised that it would be a merger of cultures rather than the North becoming like the Republic is now. It would be quite a different animal than we have now in the Republic. Things would change a lot on both sides. A place (including representation) would need to be found for unionist in the new Republic and it woild be forever changed.

By *razyCumSlutWoman
over a year ago

lucan

I am all in favour of trying new things

over a year ago

Thought it was ballsy enough of Eoin O'Broin to call out Adams. Nobody in SF has backed him up, the inevitable happened actually. The likes of Carthy and that moron Cullinane actually came out and praised Adams, used it as their opportunity to maybe gain a Pat on the head from Gerry.

Now it was tame enough, but I respect O'Broin for sticking his head on the block in what he said. Strikes me as the sort of bloke who campaigns on issues rather than getting one over on rivals, possibly someone who will end up as an independent if he gets bullied out of it for not towing the line.

The political choices in this country are depressing. FF/FG show no balls/vision. No bravery and fear of upsetting people (results in no vision or creativity) and monumental financial waste that some documentary maker should really go to town on, warts and all.

SF appeal to the lowest common denominator. They have zero interest in being in government, main opposition party is their sweet spot. They will Huff and puff but would never be a junior partner, safe in knowledge they won't run enough candidates to be a majority partner. Easier to talk in soundbites and hypothesize about what they would do.

Personally I think the country is ripe for a proper workers party, who champion the middle income sector of society. The ones who are seen to be doing ok and can be tapped for more money when the country is in a pinch. The people who actually think things out, affordability of having kids, having a car, house, putting food on table themselves etc.. What the labour Party should be but never will be here.

We have so many half arsed left leaning parties too, all completely splintered but whose whole purpose is to increase social welfare, give everyone a house no matter what the cost, with no safeguards whatsoever for how working people will pay for this.

Our guys in dail eireann are stringently too politically correct.

over a year ago

"The ones who are seen to be doing ok and can be tapped for more money when the country is in a pinch. The people who actually think things out, affordability of having kids, having a car, house, putting food on table themselves etc"

The ones who get up early in the morning..?

"but whose whole purpose is to increase social welfare, give everyone a house no matter what the cost

"

Cost to whom? Housing already costs a fortune, and has led to the current crisis - it's the left who want to bring the cost down, is it not?

over a year ago

"SF are political chameleons, telling everyone what they want to hear. If they get into government and have to take responsibility for their actions we will soon see how different they are from the current crop. As for a united Ireland it cannot be assumed that all those who identify as Irish rather than British will vote for such a thing and Id say a lot of people down here will think twice about it too. Despite what the DUP says, NI has it pretty good with the NI Protocol so why would anyone want to wreck that. Its always about the economy.

Sure that's what the current government have been telling us with years! What we want to hear and we all still voted them in over and over again. Not saying the Sinners will be no different but I definitely think it's worth leaving them try for at least two terms.Cant do any worse. I think a United Ireland is 100% gonna happen wont be easy but I think it will.

Financial issues aside... im not sure many have realised that it would be a merger of cultures rather than the North becoming like the Republic is now. It would be quite a different animal than we have now in the Republic. Things would change a lot on both sides. A place (including representation) would need to be found for unionist in the new Republic and it woild be forever changed."

Wont be an easy road worh the unionists but I think it happen.

By *hyeyesMan
over a year ago

meath

"Unfortunately it will never happen as the government has to be at least two party's : "

Sinn Fein are heading for 80+ seats . It's 1977 all over ....

By *angtasticallyMan
over a year ago

Drogheda

Some of the policies are great and I do love how the hit of wages taxes and big cats..only time will tell but change is definitely need

over a year ago

It's hard to blame people voting in the same parties when people voted in 37 of 42 SF candidates tbf

over a year ago

"Unfortunately it will never happen as the government has to be at least two party's :

Sinn Fein are heading for 80+ seats . It's 1977 all over ...."

The Sinners are certainties

over a year ago

"Unfortunately it will never happen as the government has to be at least two party's :

The Sinners are certainties "

It will be interesting to see if they run enough candidates.

Currently some their TDs are of very poor quality. In my own constituency a SF candidate was elected at first time of asking having previously missed out in local elections, it was a protest vote in essence.

I'm far from satisfies with the current government but I shiver at the thought of some of the current SF TDs getting big portfolios are coming under scrutiny for their decision making. Maybe we will all be surprised but the quality seems so poor.

over a year ago

"The ones who are seen to be doing ok and can be tapped for more money when the country is in a pinch. The people who actually think things out, affordability of having kids, having a car, house, putting food on table themselves etc

The ones who get up early in the morning..?

but whose whole purpose is to increase social welfare, give everyone a house no matter what the cost

Cost to whom? Housing already costs a fortune, and has led to the current crisis - it's the left who want to bring the cost down, is it not?"

Yes the ones who get up early in the morning, shouldn't be a phrase of ridicule.

Cost to the taxpayer of course. The left want to bring the cost down whilst simultaneously providing an affordable house (and free for a large cohort) for those who need them. Of course it's the taxpayer who foots this cost.

So many topics off limits in this country, family planning, welfare dependence, the solution is always to whinge about not enough money being thrown at it.

Like anything in this country, it's the ones who are conscientious about their life decisions (be it having kids, buying a home etc, pursuing a career) who have to foot the bill for those who act on the fly.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

The Sinners are certainties "

Not without a smaller party in my opinion

Also polls for SF are always up on actual vote on the day

By *hilaboutMan
over a year ago

kilkenny

The whole world worried bout climate change n our shinners ave no policy on it ..fun times ahead

By *ed_AliceWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

"Minimum alcohol prices begin here in January.

You can already save a decent wedge tipping up North for booze, amongst other things.

Once that's in and the savings are even more, no self respecting Irish drinker is going to want the availability of cheap drink without needing to fly/sail to go away. Drinkers are a large proportion of the Irish voters.

Doesn't affect me. I'm a homebrewer "

I suspect that'll be short lived, similar to when smoking indoors was banned. A rush to hold big events north of the border until it was banned here too

over a year ago

"Yes the ones who get up early in the morning, shouldn't be a phrase of ridicule. "

Varadkar used that phrase as a dog-whistle for FG voters. They knew what he meant by it

"Cost to the taxpayer of course. The left want to bring the cost down whilst simultaneously providing an affordable house (and free for a large cohort) for those who need them. Of course it's the taxpayer who foots this cost. "

The taxpayer (and society in general) will pay a far higher cost years down the line if the housing crisis isn't sorted out. Rather than moaning about short term costs we should view it as an investment for a better future. It's common sense really.

"Like anything in this country, it's the ones who are conscientious about their life decisions (be it having kids, buying a home etc, pursuing a career) who have to foot the bill for those who act on the fly. "

So who are those who aren't conscientious about family and other life decisions?

over a year ago

Sinn Fein are playing the Hearts and Minds campaign with the Age Demographic being 18-30 primarily.

I detest FF/FG , but I do think Sinn Fein would even be worse.

Their economics make little to no sense. Also, they spoke out of both ends of their mouth on the abortion topic as well as some other issues.

Ireland lacks a real peoples party. There's so many issues that can be resolved in 3-5 years but have to go through mountains of obstacles to pass legislation.

Homelessness (Affordable Housing) and Better Healthcare are the two main issues we face, and they are both issues we can afford to resolve.

If Sinn Fein get into power it could be a reminder to FF/FG that they no longer have they control they once had, and real change needs to be implemented in order to maintain their position in government.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Sinn Fein are playing the Hearts and Minds campaign with the Age Demographic being 18-30 primarily.

I detest FF/FG , but I do think Sinn Fein would even be worse.

Their economics make little to no sense. Also, they spoke out of both ends of their mouth on the abortion topic as well as some other issues.

Ireland lacks a real peoples party. There's so many issues that can be resolved in 3-5 years but have to go through mountains of obstacles to pass legislation.

Homelessness (Affordable Housing) and Better Healthcare are the two main issues we face, and they are both issues we can afford to resolve.

If Sinn Fein get into power it could be a reminder to FF/FG that they no longer have they control they once had, and real change needs to be implemented in order to maintain their position in government."

I'm not sure how you figure that they spoke out of both sides of their mouth on the abortion issue. They suspended, twice, one of their front bench people over not toeing the party line, eventually causing him to leave, as well as another couple of TDs and a number of councillors. The party was pretty damn clear on it's position.

By *iam756Man
over a year ago

Dublin/Kildare laois

[Removed by poster at 15/12/21 19:54:12]

By *iam756Man
over a year ago

Dublin/Kildare laois

The Rest got a chance time and time again when SF say anything all that's said is you bommed shot to get here same ff and fg crap but when both Rob the country it seems to be ok give SF a chance 4years the others have had 100yrs

By *ewrideMan
over a year ago

KK

I doubt I'll ever vote again after covid, but what would have stopped me voting for Sinn Féin before is that they're too conservative, both socially and economically

over a year ago

The working mans party!

over a year ago

Heavy dose of irony/sarcasm....take your pick!

over a year ago

Financial issues aside... im not sure many have realised that it would be a merger of cultures rather than the North becoming like the Republic is now. It would be quite a different animal than we have now in the Republic. Things would change a lot on both sides. A place (including representation) would need to be found for unionist in the new Republic and it woild be forever changed."

I have a feeling that westminister are fed up with minding the unionists and it would be one less headache for the British government

over a year ago

Financial issues aside... im not sure many have realised that it would be a merger of cultures rather than the North becoming like the Republic is now. It would be quite a different animal than we have now in the Republic. Things would change a lot on both sides. A place (including representation) would need to be found for unionist in the new Republic and it woild be forever changed.

I have a feeling that westminister are fed up with minding the unionists and it would be one less headache for the British government "

Agreed. Barbados got rid of the queen as head of state and itll happen here also in the north.

over a year ago

I have a feeling that westminister are fed up with minding the unionists and it would be one less headache for the British government

Agreed. Barbados got rid of the queen as head of state and itll happen here also in the north. "

Hopefully

By *osmicGate OP   Man
over a year ago

louth

I have a feeling that westminister are fed up with minding the unionists and it would be one less headache for the British government "

Yea they want out.. They've made it clear their primary interest is England.. Northern Ireland is a black hole swallowing up 10 billion sterling of English tax payers money every year.. When they pull the plug in the next 5 years who do you think will foot the bill for all that.. US in the Republic will be saddled with a huge debt.. Income tax will be 50% at least.. Won't be worth your while working but hey at least Ireland is united at last even if it means our standard of living nosedives off a cliff

over a year ago

Wolves in sheep’s clothing, anyone with a shred of common decency wouldn’t want to have anything to do with these Irish Nazis. All they have ever done is bring pain and destruction and only interested in lining their own pockets, anyone who votes for them needs to take a good look at themselves

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Wolves in sheep’s clothing, anyone with a shred of common decency wouldn’t want to have anything to do with these Irish Nazis. All they have ever done is bring pain and destruction and only interested in lining their own pockets, anyone who votes for them needs to take a good look at themselves "

That could be said for any tribal leader who ever set foot in Stormont.

By *hyeyesMan
over a year ago

meath

"Wolves in sheep’s clothing, anyone with a shred of common decency wouldn’t want to have anything to do with these Irish Nazis. All they have ever done is bring pain and destruction and only interested in lining their own pockets, anyone who votes for them needs to take a good look at themselves "

Hardly ......

Sinn Fein are the hard left that are moving into the center

The combination of parties in power have always formed a center left government for the last 70 years

It's who we are ....

By *astcoast2000Man
over a year ago

Newcastle County Down

They didn't seem worried about taxes when thier allies robbed the Northern Bank of millions untold millions which was never recovered.Or worried about carbon taxes when they were murdering people on both sides of the border and burying them in bogs

Wise up and remove the rose-tinted glasses please

By *astcoast2000Man
over a year ago

Newcastle County Down

Well said

Post new Message to Thread