Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Charlie Bird

Jump to newest

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

what a powerful interview, strong, courageous and spoke from the heart with pure emotion. terrible illness MND. sooner there's a cure, the better.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"what a powerful interview, strong, courageous and spoke from the heart with pure emotion. terrible illness MND. sooner there's a cure, the better. "

Very brave man giving an interview like that i have nothing but respect and admiration for him after watching that interview heartbreaking

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

There won't be a cure for Motor Neutron Disease, not for an extremely long time; management of the symptoms is the best we can hope for.

Neurological conditions such as MND and PD Parkinson's Disease are progressively debilitating, and the prevalence of which will increase as the world's population gets older.

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Isn't this the 2nd RTÉ presenter to get mnd..

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

Powerful interview, we were glued, what a truly amazing man he is.

I always say if I'm ever diagnosed with MND, I'll be heading for Switzerland when the time is right, no question. Mrs

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Powerful interview, we were glued, what a truly amazing man he is.

I always say if I'm ever diagnosed with MND, I'll be heading for Switzerland when the time is right, no question. Mrs "

Hopefully the law here is changed eventually to allow some people die with dignity instead of that option of flying away

over a year ago

"Isn't this the 2nd RTÉ presenter to get mnd.. "

Yes it is Colm Murray died from mnd a while back

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I haven't seen the interview but MND is a terrible illness and I can't imagine how awful it must be to be diagnosed with it.

By *arajeanCouple
over a year ago

mayo

Very sad

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"Isn't this the 2nd RTÉ presenter to get mnd..

Yes it is Colm Murray died from mnd a while back "

Yes that's right he was the sports presenter.. Very sad news nobody really knows the cause of mnd.. Its accepted that people who lead a hectic lifestyle are most likely to develop it.. Everybody needs time to wind down and do nothing..

By *at3232Woman
over a year ago

the moon

Yes that's right he was the sports presenter.. Very sad news nobody really knows the cause of mnd.. Its accepted that people who lead a hectic lifestyle are most likely to develop it.. Everybody needs time to wind down and do nothing.. "

Bull

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Yes that's right he was the sports presenter.. Very sad news nobody really knows the cause of mnd.. Its accepted that people who lead a hectic lifestyle are most likely to develop it.. Everybody needs time to wind down and do nothing..

Bull"

I actually know someone who was constantly busy was the owner of a successful business worked upto 80 hours a week and he got it in his 50s and died very fast another lad I knew was constantly in the gym working out and he developed it in his 40s again died very fast.. It doesn't seem to affect lazy people..

By *delicatesoulMan
over a year ago

cork

I'm not ashamed to say I had tears in my eyes. Poor man

By *unkerbobMan
over a year ago

belfast

Terrible disease and I’m not making light of it but I think most of the RTE presenters have something wrong with them!!!!!!

over a year ago

Such a powerful interview and you could tell he hasn't lost his passionate for what he does and for life itself. Truly inspiring.

By *cean1963Man
over a year ago

n6

A wonderful interview. Judt a pity it was turbdy doin it and not someone else. And the late late show is turning into or out to be The late late charity show. Another fundraiser next werk

over a year ago

Sad,very touching and so brave

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

"Isn't this the 2nd RTÉ presenter to get mnd.. "

Yes. There may be something in their environment that may have been toxic, such as EMR. I started to investigate this today, and will continue tomorrow, time permitting.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Bull

I actually know someone who was constantly busy was the owner of a successful business worked upto 80 hours a week and he got it in his 50s and died very fast another lad I knew was constantly in the gym working out and he developed it in his 40s again died very fast.. It doesn't seem to affect lazy people.. "

Neil Armstrong, the astronaut, had a theory that everyone was born with an allocation of heartbeats, and when that was used up, death would ensue. A lot of astronauts develop heart problems because of solar radiation exposure, as did Neil.

By *aulobrien300Man
over a year ago

wicklow

My brother passed away with that at34it's a death sentence his family my hart gos out to them

over a year ago

"what a powerful interview, strong, courageous and spoke from the heart with pure emotion. terrible illness MND. sooner there's a cure, the better. "

What a interview, what a legend it broke my heart to hear he would not be able to talk in a couple of months and worse when he said he might not be around for next Christmas

over a year ago

"My brother passed away with that at34it's a death sentence his family my hart gos out to them "

So sorry to hear about your brother may he rest in peace

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Bull

I actually know someone who was constantly busy was the owner of a successful business worked upto 80 hours a week and he got it in his 50s and died very fast another lad I knew was constantly in the gym working out and he developed it in his 40s again died very fast.. It doesn't seem to affect lazy people..

Neil Armstrong, the astronaut, had a theory that everyone was born with an allocation of heartbeats, and when that was used up, death would ensue. A lot of astronauts develop heart problems because of solar radiation exposure, as did Neil."

So the more exercise you do the more you're heart beats.. I don't have much time left if that's the case..

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

Really sad looking at a great man going downhill . Also colm Murray .. lovely guy . Must say Ryan tubirty..did a very good interview

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

ye terribly sad. its an awful disease.

Post new Message to Thread