Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

If you can ban/regulate further one thing which is legal

Jump to newest

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

Stolen from the lounge

Personally I find jet skis and speed boats going at a million miles an hour in lakes with kids swimming a disaster waiting to happen .

And it being Christmas I remember Kirsty maccoll and what happened in Mexico .

Maybe not ban them but regulate them much more

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Electric scooters diffinitly need to be regulated especially the speed they can reach and poor lightning on them in the winter months.....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Christmas

over a year ago

The Internet...?

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

[Removed by poster at 07/12/21 20:01:46]

over a year ago

Smart phones, I’m so frigging addicted to it!!

over a year ago

I for one would like to ban anyone making any suggestions to ban/regulate anything that people enjoy doing (lawfully of course) right after this suggestion...

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"I for one would like to ban anyone making any suggestions to ban/regulate anything that people enjoy doing (lawfully of course) right after this suggestion..."

Would you ban it or regulate it further ?

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Regulate all religious and extracurricular activities so no adult is ever allowed 1 on 1 access to children.

Ban tax exemption for religions

over a year ago

"I for one would like to ban anyone making any suggestions to ban/regulate anything that people enjoy doing (lawfully of course) right after this suggestion...

Would you ban it or regulate it further ? "

That would be an economical matter

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

The Iona institute

Youth Defence

Charities that pretend to be one thing but really just hate women

By *iktikiCouple
over a year ago

cork

Fluff gathering in belly buttons

over a year ago

All religion and religious interference from schools that are state funded.

By *ewrideMan
over a year ago

KK

You're right about water safety TBF

Banning things doesn't achieve much in itself though

By *oubtingtomasMan
over a year ago

Dundalk

Cyclists riding two abreast

over a year ago

I’d ban social meets that say only well verified persons can attend

over a year ago

"Regulate all religious and extracurricular activities so no adult is ever allowed 1 on 1 access to children.

Ban tax exemption for religions"

I wholeheartedly agree. Almost all religions have been and remain a force for pain and fear throughout the world.

over a year ago

Skinny jeans.

over a year ago

Motorbikes in urban areas!

Or maybe it's just the driver's revving them that are the problem, always seem to deafen me

By *onnrodMan
over a year ago

moira

"Motorbikes in urban areas!

Or maybe it's just the driver's revving them that are the problem, always seem to deafen me "

I'd ban overly sensitive people making ill judged blanket banning motions on the activities of a significant section of the population, just cos they don't fit into that persons allowed view of society and behavior.

Also soon to be banned, under 25's in hot hatches, road workers, reversing in lorries, seagulls, crying children, pedestrian crossing warnings.....

By *ewrideMan
over a year ago

KK

"Cyclists riding two abreast "

Did you see them?

If yes, then they did their job

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Or maybe it's just the driver's revving them that are the problem, always seem to deafen me

I'd ban overly sensitive people making ill judged blanket banning motions on the activities of a significant section of the population, just cos they don't fit into that persons allowed view of society and behavior.

Also soon to be banned, under 25's in hot hatches, road workers, reversing in lorries, seagulls, crying children, pedestrian crossing warnings..... "

In fairness Seagulls are right Bastards

over a year ago

"Cyclists riding two abreast

Did you see them?

If yes, then they did their job"

Cyclists cycling two or three abreast on windy main roads who are doing less than 20km and have no organized trailing cars.

But then expect cars travelling 80 to 100 km to expect them. It should not be allowed unless it's an organised event to make it safe.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Propagandising innocent children with judeo-christian nonsense should be banned in all schools that receive any form of public funding; thankfully we are slowly moving in that direction.

Religious leaders (clergy) should also be prohibited from sitting as school governors or managers.

The days of the overt control exerted on the Irish state by the likes if John Charles McQuaid are long gone, but covert influence still obtains.

over a year ago

What about pedestrians on the cycle paths same difference holding up the cyclist where they shouldn't be.

over a year ago

Also soon to be banned, under 25's in hot hatches, road workers, reversing in lorries, seagulls, crying children, pedestrian crossing warnings..... "

Nah I'm just on about installing a sound muffler on them like you have to do in Switzerland and certain parts of Germany

By *adhatter and coCouple
over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

Umbrellas in crowded areas . Idiots

over a year ago

Did you see them?

If yes, then they did their job"

I totally agree there is a reason they are doing this now. Also like the way runners running to face vehicles now. Life is more important than an little inconvenience to drivers. It's like saying the same about farmers vehicles holding up country roads. If one chooses to drive them roads just be prepared and have patience. It's usually the road rage drivers that give out about these things and it's their own patience and tolerance is the problem not the obstructions.

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Also soon to be banned, under 25's in hot hatches, road workers, reversing in lorries, seagulls, crying children, pedestrian crossing warnings.....

In fairness Seagulls are right Bastards "

Crying children are worse

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

Gambling.

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

"The Iona institute

Youth Defence

Charities that pretend to be one thing but really just hate women

"

Plus one

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

The unrestrained burning of fossilised energy stores within the earth's surface layers that have the potential to render this planet uninhabitable within a relatively short period; a few hundred years.

China and India are the largest offenders, at present.

By *ondalingerMan
over a year ago

City center

"Regulate all religious and extracurricular activities so no adult is ever allowed 1 on 1 access to children.

Ban tax exemption for religions"

growing up, iwas sent to mass on a sunday morning. The church would be absolutely jammed. Every sunday at 11:30 and 6pm. I broughtmy granny to mass one sunday morning pre-covid and there wasabout 15 people all elderly. I smiled to myself, the church, the whole catholic faith tied their own noose

By *tsmeddpMan
over a year ago

near here

Having seen some of the reactions to some of the suggestions i propose banning the easily offended from getting their knickers in a twist because somebody said they wanted something banned

By *ombikerMan
over a year ago

the right side of the river

Ban all bans and just watch the carnage

By *hilaboutMan
over a year ago

kilkenny

Applying makeup shaving and use of phones while driving ..crazy especially this time of day

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Did you see them?

I totally agree there is a reason they are doing this now. Also like the way runners running to face vehicles now. Life is more important than an little inconvenience to drivers. It's like saying the same about farmers vehicles holding up country roads. If one chooses to drive them roads just be prepared and have patience. It's usually the road rage drivers that give out about these things and it's their own patience and tolerance is the problem not the obstructions. "

Agree that roads are for us all, walkers cyclists and not just drivers.

But farmers driving by laybys and not pulling in to let the train of cars past them is just ignorant

over a year ago

Did you see them?

I totally agree there is a reason they are doing this now. Also like the way runners running to face vehicles now. Life is more important than an little inconvenience to drivers. It's like saying the same about farmers vehicles holding up country roads. If one chooses to drive them roads just be prepared and have patience. It's usually the road rage drivers that give out about these things and it's their own patience and tolerance is the problem not the obstructions. "

Farm vehicles generally travel approximately 60km per hour which is appropriate for secondary roads.

Cyclists travel approximately 15km and on roads bends this is dangerously slow. I think it's unreasonable to expect car drivers to be constantly expecting cyclists when travelling around road bends and therefore travel at less than 20km or be close or over the white line. This in itself is obviously extremely dangerous and unworkable. Cyclists in single file who are well lit is safer on Irish roads so drivers can safely pass out or possibly avoid on bends if the cyclist is obstructed around a bend.

You mentioned road rage. I think it is frustration that leads to drivers getting angry in what they see as cyclists creating dangerous situations by travelling two or three abreast on bendy roads and having an attitude of entitlement. If its a group cycle and roads without a decent layby, trailing safety cars should be employed to warn drivers in advance and keep the group of cyclists safe who are travelling much much slower.

I was a cyclist in Dublin. It was my main mode of transport. I understand who dangerous it is. But cyclists were travelling single file in a cycle lane where possible. This is vital to allow road users to also pass at the speed limit.

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
over a year ago

ireland

Smoking ,can't stand the smell and obviously the health risks that go with it !

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Loads I agree with, already mentioned, especially the ones concerning religion.

Here's a few more:

Lawn mowing and hedge cutting shouldn't be allowed after 7pm.

Spraying round up should be forbidden.

Speed limits on country roads. 80km/h on boreens where two cars can't cross is just utter madness.

Politicians expenses

Privatisation of public property

I could go on for a while but I prefer to enjoy my cup of tea in bed.

By *affa31Woman
over a year ago

Galway

Profile pics that are a close up of one body part (and I don’t just mean dick pics)

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Gala full fat milk in coffee - it's absolute muck...but it was yum in creamed rice

By *arajeanCouple
over a year ago

mayo

Ban spreading of slurry

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

And piggeries.

The smell ? Awful . Pig quality of life ? Rated by some organisations at -6. Zero is equivalent to death

over a year ago

Sugar...refined or otherwise its poison

And while I'm at it I'd get rid of wheat too..

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"And piggeries.

The smell ? Awful . Pig quality of life ? Rated by some organisations at -6. Zero is equivalent to death "

I only buy organic pig, but it's tricky enough to get it.

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"And piggeries.

The smell ? Awful . Pig quality of life ? Rated by some organisations at -6. Zero is equivalent to death

I only buy organic pig, but it's tricky enough to get it. "

Do SuperValu still sell the range by waldron’s? They used to

By *ewrideMan
over a year ago

KK

Did you see them?

I totally agree there is a reason they are doing this now. Also like the way runners running to face vehicles now. Life is more important than an little inconvenience to drivers. It's like saying the same about farmers vehicles holding up country roads. If one chooses to drive them roads just be prepared and have patience. It's usually the road rage drivers that give out about these things and it's their own patience and tolerance is the problem not the obstructions.

Farm vehicles generally travel approximately 60km per hour which is appropriate for secondary roads.

Cyclists travel approximately 15km and on roads bends this is dangerously slow. I think it's unreasonable to expect car drivers to be constantly expecting cyclists when travelling around road bends and therefore travel at less than 20km or be close or over the white line. This in itself is obviously extremely dangerous and unworkable. Cyclists in single file who are well lit is safer on Irish roads so drivers can safely pass out or possibly avoid on bends if the cyclist is obstructed around a bend.

You mentioned road rage. I think it is frustration that leads to drivers getting angry in what they see as cyclists creating dangerous situations by travelling two or three abreast on bendy roads and having an attitude of entitlement. If its a group cycle and roads without a decent layby, trailing safety cars should be employed to warn drivers in advance and keep the group of cyclists safe who are travelling much much slower.

I was a cyclist in Dublin. It was my main mode of transport. I understand who dangerous it is. But cyclists were travelling single file in a cycle lane where possible. This is vital to allow road users to also pass at the speed limit."

Dangerously slow?

No such thing

Dangerously impatient you mean.

By *ewrideMan
over a year ago

KK

"The unrestrained burning of fossilised energy stores within the earth's surface layers that have the potential to render this planet uninhabitable within a relatively short period; a few hundred years.

China and India are the largest offenders, at present. "

Might be something to do with the 2.8 billion they have

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

Cyclists

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Kids.

All of them.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

"Profile pics that are a close up of one body part (and I don’t just mean dick pics) "

I would agree with you on this; it's puzzling. How you anyone think this is attractive!

Admittedly, I have no pics, as yet: the two images I uploaded were rejected.

over a year ago

People using YouTube and Facebook as their sole sources of research

By *oubtingtomasMan
over a year ago

Dundalk

Cyclists "

They don't even pay road tax.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Cyclists

They don't even pay road tax."

They do if they own a car

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Cyclists

I have been told that cyclists ride two abreast as a safety measure; motorists have to slow down to pass with a wide margin .

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman
over a year ago

Magical Forrest

"Profile pics that are a close up of one body part (and I don’t just mean dick pics) "

100%

Or of same body part different angles … we know what it looks like already

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

Has anyone mentioned Greyhound racing, coursing or hunting yet?

Ban them all I say

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Has anyone mentioned Greyhound racing, coursing or hunting yet?

Ban them all I say "

over a year ago

"Has anyone mentioned Greyhound racing, coursing or hunting yet?

Ban them all I say "

Disgusting "sport"

By *ewrideMan
over a year ago

KK

Cyclists

They don't even pay road tax.

I have been told that cyclists ride two abreast as a safety measure; motorists have to slow down to pass with a wide margin . "

This is true.

Being visible is the most important thing you can do for your safety in the road, with any mode of transport.

Even as a lone cyclist, you should adopt the primary position (basically the middle of the road) by default, and pull over when you're confident you can be overtaken safely.

If the road is narrow, bendy, or doesn't have a hard shoulder; this is often your only option.

The last thing you want to do is facilitate a tight squeeze. A car, pedestrian or cyclist coming in the opposite direction could mean disaster.

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Cyclists

No such thing as road tax.. Its motor tax a tax on owning a motor nothing else.. The upkeep of roads is funded through general taxation most likely income tax.. So Cyclists are just as entitled to use roads as motorists are..

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Motorcycles full stop should be banned.. Crazy machines kill and maim many people

Tractors driving on motorways.. The amount of near misses I see is unbelievable.. Driving way too slow for motorway speeds..

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

"Skinny jeans."

No I live in them

over a year ago

Right thats it ! You are all banned , ...yes everyone , people are so annoying going about riding motorbikes , cycling, talking , farming stuff all over the place , like you all think this world is big enough for all of you ..we'll that's it now ! .

over a year ago

Cigarettes

over a year ago

"Cigarettes "

A complete ban on all products containing nicotine.

Ban the manufacture, marketing, distribution, sale and use specifically of cigarettes

Post new Message to Thread