Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Covid fatigue….

Jump to newest

By *inden OP   Man
over a year ago

Naas which is South West of Dublin

Just reading through a few threads on the forum and noticed people seem to be a bit snippy at times, or more so than usual….

Hope you all manage to keep your powder dry and your special places wet for the next while…….

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

Probably not a great infection control strategy but I tend to operate at the highest end of what’s allowed so don’t feel too frustrated when locked down . As soon as travel was allowed , I left Ireland 3 times , that sort of thing . It’s a bit like a glass of water , if you keep topping it up when you can you don’t run it on empty . Now I feel at peace if we’re locked down in January . Figures today very encouraging though .

It’s obviously a different arena altogether if you’re living with vulnerable relatives or visit them all the time , are vulnerable yourself , or your livelihood has been affected .

But I think total avoidance of ‘living’ is not viable . This is a marathon not a sprint. Anecdotally I am finding antigen testing very useful so that can help a little with decision making .

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nah tbh I've been a cunt since way before covid

over a year ago

I'm always in bad form in the winter months.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

More of Covid thread fatigue.

Understandable if people are sniping due to the heavy doses of hypocrisy and hyperbole from the pointy finger brigade.

over a year ago

Snippy? I can be especially when people can't see pass their own entitled view of things. To be fair I've been called worse elsewhere the last two years

over a year ago

Im covid fatigued for sure, the slight nervousness/fear/guilt that comes with the simple hug of a friend or family is mainly where its coming from ...

By *affa31Woman
over a year ago

Galway

I’m tired of people being dipshits more than anything else.

By *inden OP   Man
over a year ago

Always remember, people can change….

For instance, I miss Brexit…..

Not that that’s going away any time soon either…..

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I think I'm actually keeping a quite low profile at the moment despite being a bitch.

By *inden OP   Man
over a year ago

"I think I'm actually keeping a quite low profile at the moment despite being a bitch. "

And we as a community thank you for it….

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"I think I'm actually keeping a quite low profile at the moment despite being a bitch.

And we as a community thank you for it…. "

it's Christmas!

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

I had my booster yesterday afternoon at the RVH in Belfast; later in the day I developed a headache and this morning I was unusually fatigued and nauseous.

Thankfully, the headache abated and my energy gradually perked up as the day progressed; but I am very happy to now be triple vaccinated.

But this societal nightmare pandemic continues!

By *ewrideMan
over a year ago

KK

"Just reading through a few threads on the forum and noticed people seem to be a bit snippy at times, or more so than usual….

Hope you all manage to keep your powder dry and your special places wet for the next while……."

Are you trolling?

You're in these threads supporting the nonsense.

I think you're deliberately trying to wind people up.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

"I think I'm actually keeping a quite low profile at the moment despite being a bitch.

And we as a community thank you for it….

it's Christmas! "

exactly. Time to get out and enjoy yourself. I met a woman yesterday who I havnt seen in god knows how long, she was petrified of the covid and yesterday told me I'm just sick to the teeth of the whole lot and fed up, I'm going out tonight. I think covid fatigue is waning on alot of people. Xmas is around the corner. People out enjoying themselves will get all a spurt.

over a year ago

The thing that gets me is if I get the slightest sniffle or cough or anything I'm giving myself a guilt trip for going to work or doing anything(pre covid I wouldn't think twice). Doing antigen tests to beat the band.

over a year ago

"More of Covid thread fatigue.

Understandable if people are sniping due to the heavy doses of hypocrisy and hyperbole from the pointy finger brigade."

It's funny you said this. We got a bit of flak calling us hypocrites via private mail for a veri we put up summer of last year. Sounds like we had met the guy and had fun at that time in the veri even though the guy was known to us a few years previously via another scene and went off it for a while before we found he was on here.

By *uskysoundsCouple
over a year ago

Mazarrón, Spain

"I'm always in bad form in the winter months. "

^^^ This....

Absolutely hate the cold dark evenings and going to and from work in the pitch black, don't have the same tolerance for fools in the winter

over a year ago

"I'm always in bad form in the winter months.

^^^ This....

Absolutely hate the cold dark evenings and going to and from work in the pitch black, don't have the same tolerance for fools in the winter "

Agree with this

By *inden OP   Man
over a year ago

"Just reading through a few threads on the forum and noticed people seem to be a bit snippy at times, or more so than usual….

Hope you all manage to keep your powder dry and your special places wet for the next while…….

Are you trolling?

You're in these threads supporting the nonsense.

I think you're deliberately trying to wind people up."

Yep, that’s exactly it, although I suspect it depends on your definition of nonsense……

over a year ago

"I think I'm actually keeping a quite low profile at the moment despite being a bitch. "

I was wondering why my opinions hadn't been ripped to shreds and found myself huddled in the corner crying and shaking recently

By *adhatter and coCouple
over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

[Removed by poster at 05/12/21 20:14:29]

By *adhatter and coCouple
over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

"Probably not a great infection control strategy but I tend to operate at the highest end of what’s allowed so don’t feel too frustrated when locked down . As soon as travel was allowed , I left Ireland 3 times , that sort of thing . It’s a bit like a glass of water , if you keep topping it up when you can you don’t run it on empty . Now I feel at peace if we’re locked down in January . Figures today very encouraging though .

It’s obviously a different arena altogether if you’re living with vulnerable relatives or visit them all the time , are vulnerable yourself , or your livelihood has been affected .

But I think total avoidance of ‘living’ is not viable . This is a marathon not a sprint. Anecdotally I am finding antigen testing very useful so that can help a little with decision making .

"

I see restrictions for me in January due to financial difficulties caused by Christmas

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"Probably not a great infection control strategy but I tend to operate at the highest end of what’s allowed so don’t feel too frustrated when locked down . As soon as travel was allowed , I left Ireland 3 times , that sort of thing . It’s a bit like a glass of water , if you keep topping it up when you can you don’t run it on empty . Now I feel at peace if we’re locked down in January . Figures today very encouraging though .

I see restrictions for me in January due to financial difficulties caused by Christmas "

I think TKmaxx had to refill most of their shelves after I left today .

over a year ago

"Nah tbh I've been a cunt since way before covid "

Hahahaha fucking brilliant

Definitely can relate lol

By *inden OP   Man
over a year ago

"Nah tbh I've been a cunt since way before covid

Hahahaha fucking brilliant

Definitely can relate lol"

He’ll be very happy with the encouragement, it’s the first thing he’s gotten right in ages….

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I was wondering why my opinions hadn't been ripped to shreds and found myself huddled in the corner crying and shaking recently "

I sense you secretly love it, let me know when you need a boost.

Post new Message to Thread