Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Therapy

Jump to newest

By *on Draper2.0 OP   Man
over a year ago

Maynooth

Does anyone else feel that having somewhere like this is almost like having free therapy? It's a place you can come and say or discuss things you would never mention in the real world while still maintaining your anonymity. I find the banter and chatting with others about their lives, outside of a sexual context, to be a great stress reliever.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced the same.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *unsoundMan
over a year ago

Ennis

"Does anyone else feel that having somewhere like this is almost like having free therapy? It's a place you can come and say or discuss things you would never mention in the real world while still maintaining your anonymity. I find the banter and chatting with others about their lives, outside of a sexual context, to be a great stress reliever.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced the same. "

sure just like therapy

By *ara198Woman
over a year ago

maynooth

I think it's good to be able to talk and vent in any way. It's not really the same as therapy, for those who truly need therapy. This is not the place to come.

over a year ago

Maynooth

"I think it's good to be able to talk and vent in any way. It's not really the same as therapy, for those who truly need therapy. This is not the place to come. "

I mean it is so far as there might be others here who might have similar lives or who you can get talking too.

There's also the loads of gobshites who spout endless rivers of crap who make you realise that you're actually an ok person and worth a lot more than some would have you believe! ??????

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

Only people qualified to deliver it should . Very difficult to know if advice you receive here is sensible , and on different threads you can get a wide range of opinions . I know what you mean , and it can be a liberating experience , but therapy it’s not . That said if you need therapy because you’re in a frustrated impasse and the fab path makes you less so then you may decide not to pursue professional help after all

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I've never seen it as therapy but I used to think it was a relaxed environment where people could be open with their thoughts in a way they couldn't elsewhere.

Unfortunately there are too many who are keen to take advantage of any vulnerability and have created or adjusted their persona to suit each conversation.

Not all that glitters is gold but beware the magpies.

over a year ago

Maynooth

"I've never seen it as therapy but I used to think it was a relaxed environment where people could be open with their thoughts in a way they couldn't elsewhere.

Unfortunately there are too many who are keen to take advantage of any vulnerability and have created or adjusted their persona to suit each conversation.

Not all that glitters is gold but beware the magpies. "

You're not at all wrong there.

By *ome_wild_girlWoman
over a year ago

Antrim Town

Trublegum was my favourite

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There is a lot of bitchiness too on the site. Some people could need therapy after a while on here.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

If this was therapy god help us

over a year ago

"I've never seen it as therapy but I used to think it was a relaxed environment where people could be open with their thoughts in a way they couldn't elsewhere.

Not all that glitters is gold but beware the magpies. "

Wise wise words

over a year ago

"If this was therapy god help us

"

True enough. I think we all need therapy

Post new Message to Thread