Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Skiing 2021

Jump to newest

By *ara198 OP   Woman
over a year ago

maynooth

Hello fabbers, is anyone booked for skiing next year. I had made lots of enquiries and got prices. It's a trip for 5. Its quite expensive. I've skiied before but 10 years ago. My concern is about covid etc. Does insurance usually cover cancellation in the event of a lock down etc. Or should I just wait and save for 2023, although that's a frightful thought.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *indenMan
over a year ago

Naas which is South West of Dublin

I think it depend on whether your flight are cancelled as opposed to lockdowns but I’d check with the insurance company to make sure.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Are you boking the whole trip with 1 agent, or paying for each part separately?

By *ara198 OP   Woman
over a year ago

maynooth

"Are you boking the whole trip with 1 agent, or paying for each part separately?"

I am.hoping to book all with a company. Simply for ease.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"Are you boking the whole trip with 1 agent, or paying for each part separately?

I am.hoping to book all with a company. Simply for ease. "

That's a good idea for cancellation too. Book with 1 agency and ask for their cancellation policy. That way if you DO have to cancel then you only have to do it once and you're more likely to get it back.

By *ara198 OP   Woman
over a year ago

maynooth

"Are you boking the whole trip with 1 agent, or paying for each part separately?

I am.hoping to book all with a company. Simply for ease.

That's a good idea for cancellation too. Book with 1 agency and ask for their cancellation policy. That way if you DO have to cancel then you only have to do it once and you're more likely to get it back."

App the advice. It's looking like between 1500 to 1700pp including half board, flights, 5 days ski school and ski hire etc. Is that a normal price?

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I would be very reluctant to book because I do think the possibility of a full lockdown is unlikely. I can't see flights being banned inside the EU for example. I do pubs/bars might close but I expect outdoor places to remain open and especially exercise based ones.

I could see a situation where the ski slopes stay one but all the pubs etc stay closed. In that situation you might not get money refunded but probably wouldn't be an great skiing trip either.

By *ara198 OP   Woman
over a year ago

maynooth

"I would be very reluctant to book because I do think the possibility of a full lockdown is unlikely. I can't see flights being banned inside the EU for example. I do pubs/bars might close but I expect outdoor places to remain open and especially exercise based ones.

I could see a situation where the ski slopes stay one but all the pubs etc stay closed. In that situation you might not get money refunded but probably wouldn't be an great skiing trip either. "

Do you think so? Hard to believe we could be back at this stage again!. Thanks for advice

Post new Message to Thread