By *ongueado OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

What are your thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It's just okay. I'm hoping it will get better.

By *ongueado OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I don't know. Some of the changes they have made from the books could fuck up some major story arches

By *ark321Man
over a year ago

letterkenny, donegal/sligo/galway

Haven't watched it yet. Read mixed reviews. Worried itll end up like legend of the seeker. What a disaster that was

By *ongueado OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I thought the exact same thing. But it surprised me. They show all the gore. The shadow spawn are a pretty good representation of how they are described in the books. How they pretray using the source looks cool. But it just the changes in some of the characters storylines that worry me.

But at least Tam Al Thor is still badass as ever

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

Watched 3 episodes.

Very derivative of LoTR and GoT I think.

Liked the witch hunter Catholic implied fuckers that I hope get screwed later.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Read the books yearsss ago and loved them at the time. Especially the last three when Sanderson took over. I know Jordan was sick writing the last two so i felt they were a byproduct of his illness anyway i enjoyed them all the same. Have only watched two episodes and an keeping an openmind but enjoying it so far. A series like WOT is always going to draw comparisons with LOTR as Robert Jordan was highly influenced by those books and high fantasy in general.

Translating a 14 book series with a prequel thrown in also and with over 2500 named characters it’s gonna be a hard task to please everyone but it is a beginning

over a year ago

Its a struggle to stay interested in it trying to watch episode 4 now thought it looked epic but seems a bit meh

over a year ago

I absolutely love it. Read the books so many times. The changes work do far. Perrin's wife threw me and Matt is made to look like an arsehole from the start. I cannot wait to see Loial

By *on Draper2.0Man
over a year ago

Maynooth

I thought the traveller tribe was a bit hokey considering the author. Can't believe the pc crowd never hopped on him. They even referred to themselves as tinkers I think.

It's a good tale but lacks the grime and grit that made GOT for example seem a bit more real. Obviously I use that word loosely. LOTR is simply the standard that they all aspire to but none have managed to reach.

I would love to see the Thomas covenant books by Stephen Donaldson on screen. Does anyone know them?

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I've never heard of the books. Watched 20 mins of the first episode and it was just ok.

By *on Draper2.0Man
over a year ago

Maynooth

"I've never heard of the books. Watched 20 mins of the first episode and it was just ok. "

The guy who wrote them is irish I believe

over a year ago

"I've never heard of the books. Watched 20 mins of the first episode and it was just ok.

The guy who wrote them is irish I believe"

He was American

over a year ago

"I absolutely love it. Read the books so many times. The changes work do far. Perrin's wife threw me and Matt is made to look like an arsehole from the start. I cannot wait to see Loial "

Yess! Blood and bloody ashes!

By *on Draper2.0Man
over a year ago

Maynooth

"I've never heard of the books. Watched 20 mins of the first episode and it was just ok.

The guy who wrote them is irish I believe

He was American "

You're dead right. My mistake. Must be an Irish connection somewhere.

By *affa31Woman
over a year ago

Galway

Are all of the episodes on prime yet or are they dropping weekly?

Wheel of time is one of my favourite book series so I’m excited to see it come to life.

over a year ago

"Are all of the episodes on prime yet or are they dropping weekly?

Wheel of time is one of my favourite book series so I’m excited to see it come to life. "

I think there are 4 up. They dropped 3 initially then the rest are weekly

By *affa31Woman
over a year ago

Galway

"Are all of the episodes on prime yet or are they dropping weekly?

Wheel of time is one of my favourite book series so I’m excited to see it come to life.

I think there are 4 up. They dropped 3 initially then the rest are weekly"

Thanks

By *ed_AliceWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

I've been avoiding so far. Worried it'll be so far from the books I'll get annoyed. But so very difficult to bring to screen because its so vast. Will try to watch it as an entity in itself

over a year ago

Just finished the 1st book will avoid completely and watch when I've read the books

over a year ago

The end of episode 4 though. I had goosebumps and tears.

Its an adaptation not the books word for word.

I'm half way through book 2 again

By *ark321Man
over a year ago

So do you guys think it's worth a watch? I've read all the books multiple times just really dont want to be disappointed by it

By *ongueado OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I've read all the book myself. I get why they made some changes like Tom the gleeman. But others make me think they could feck up the whole storyline.

I just hope their doing it to keep fans of the books guessing, but end up following the books.

But I've started to view the show as on of those alternate timelines.

It fits with the lore of the books, as it mentions world's that never were

over a year ago

I gave up on the books after the fifth one.

Was still curious enough to dip into the TV adaptation. Have watched the first 3. So far so good. Decent production values helps

Like the books it's deeply derivative of LotR. A bit silly in parts, some corny dialogue, but it clips along at a fair aul pace so it hasn't bored me. Yet!

over a year ago

"What are your thoughts?"

As a book reader I'm loving it, particularly the latest episode!

By *ark321Man
over a year ago

Not expecting it to follow the books exactly. The books had so much going in theyd need a few hours per episode to keep up with it. But long as they follow the main parts I'll be happy enough. Always gonna be some adaptation for tv

By *Belfast_FellaMan
over a year ago

belfast

Haven't read the books but have watched all the episodes so far and I'm a bit on the fence with it. Not really gripping me so far.

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

Its grand, just don't expect word for word, that would be impossible.

Its based on

over a year ago

Loial's ears didn't twitch

Fain lurking in Tar Valon

Child Valda I hate him

We come, wolf brother... goosebumps

Only 3 episodes left

By *ir SnakebitesMan
over a year ago

Llandeilo

Absolutely love it so far, if they have done this good a job with this the lotr tv series will be amazing

over a year ago

Anybody still watching this?

I have absolutely no memory of the books, but was that reveal about Moiraine and the Amyrlin Seat's relationship an invention of the show?

I must say, Rosamund Pike is really classing the place up. She's got a very compelling face. The brunette look really brings out her eyes more....

Uh oh, think I'm starting to fall for her

over a year ago

Needs more sex

over a year ago

"Anybody still watching this?

I have absolutely no memory of the books, but was that reveal about Moiraine and the Amyrlin Seat's relationship an invention of the show?

I must say, Rosamund Pike is really classing the place up. She's got a very compelling face. The brunette look really brings out her eyes more....

Uh oh, think I'm starting to fall for her "

They were described as being "pillow friends" back even they were Novices in the tower, so this TV show relationship is not coming out of the left field

It's very hard not to fall for Rosamund Pike! I've always loved her

over a year ago

"They were described as being "pillow friends" back even they were Novices in the tower, so this TV show relationship is not coming out of the left field"

Ah right For once Jordan made the right decision and opted not to portray a lesbian relationship...can you imagine how cringey it would have been if he had?

Just watched the latest one there. It's still holding my attention, which is a good sign. Loved that cold opening, the best action scene in the series so far

Its meaning was one of the few things I did remember from the books. It was the colour of the woman's hair that helped the penny drop

Post new Message to Thread