Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Hi im new here! Need advice and help

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi! I'm new here and need advice on how to hopefully meet people for some fun! I'm 41 in a couple of weeks straight,separated about 15 months now live alone! Hoping to chat to new people and see where it goes! Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Hi Op

You dont have any pictures or even a profile picture

Most people wont chat to you without at least a profile picture

Look at other male profiles to see the type of picture thats used

Most women dont like a cock picture as a profile picture but its up to you

I'm sure you'll get more advice

over a year ago

Thanks!

over a year ago

Just a quick add on I don't have pics up just yet as I'm just a bit wary of this atm but I certainly dont mind sharing with the right people and who knows might get braver after a while lol!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Delete and wipe this site from your memory, it's a complete pain in the hole.

By *adhatter and coCouple
over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

Your profile is crap . Any girl available for fun ?

You have no photos , no information about yourself .Do you honestly think that a woman would just turn up to your door for afternoon fun ?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/10/21 08:17:32]

over a year ago

Thanks Manhatter I have now changed my txt!

By *adhatter and coCouple
over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

Much better

over a year ago

"Your profile is crap . Any girl available for fun ?

You have no photos , no information about yourself .Do you honestly think that a woman would just turn up to your door for afternoon fun ?

"

Ya hence why he asked for advice

over a year ago

That's true corklad123

over a year ago

OP welcome.

As others have said some decent photos of yourself that look like you have taken some time and effort to take will help especially your profile pic as thats what will first pop up when you send a mailing doesn't have to be a face pic I fact most if us donr have public face pics. I get your wary but there are loads of genuine people on here.

Flesh out your bio let people see a bit of your personality through it. Some people aren't great at writing bios so at least get a little about yourself and what your looking for on here.

Come with the attitude that your not going to get a quick ride its more about easing yourself into the place.

Get involved here in the forum as it's a good place to get to know some people and how the site works.

Remember that just because someone is online it doesn't mean they are looking for sex at that moment chat to people as you would in public if its going to progress from there you will know soo enough

over a year ago

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

Also try to attend Meet n Greets, they're often advertised on the Forum. No substitute for meeting in person, as it helps to build trust.

Good luck

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

Welcome

I would suggest in the short term that you,,

Hide your face pic at least until you are comfortable with the site and all its nuances.

Add some other pics

Add more to your bio

Join in here on the forums

Tip toe around the place a bit until you get the measure of the people on it.

Trust nobody.

Its a great place but like everywhere it has its share of headbangers.

And unless you are really lucky its a slow burner, don't expect be in bed with someone by the end of the week

over a year ago

Take this place for what it is !

Mad and crazy and fun and infuriating !

If you a respectful and patient it can be a lot of fun and you will meet some amazing people !

Don’t be to sensitive if you don’t get replies or get rejections and think about how you react !

Fleshing out your profile will give people a sense of you too.

Enjoy and happy fabbing

over a year ago

Thanks for the advice I will hide the face pic and put others up later!

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Welcome to the forum's.

Just make your profile about you and who you are and what you are looking for.

You don't need to have a face pic public if you are uncomfortable about people knowing you are on here.A lot of people don't show theirs . Try and take some other pics and have them up .

Basically make your profile your shop window it is what will make people interested in you.A lot of women will look at a profile before they answer a message so look at it from their point of view would your profile stand out and make you want to answer a message.

Fab can be a slow process especially for men. But many make it work well for them. Get involved in the forum's even though only a small percentage use the forum's it's still a good way to get your personality across to people and a fair few look at the forums but don't post as well.Good luck on your journey.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

"Welcome to the forum's.

You don't need to have a face pic public if you are uncomfortable about people knowing you are on here.A lot of people don't show theirs . Try and take some other pics and have them up .

Basically make your profile your shop window it is what will make people interested in you.A lot of women will look at a profile before they answer a message so look at it from their point of view would your profile stand out and make you want to answer a message.

Fab can be a slow process especially for men. But many make it work well for them. Get involved in the forum's even though only a small percentage use the forum's it's still a good way to get your personality across to people and a fair few look at the forums but don't post as well.Good luck on your journey. "

Sound honest positive advice; this subject comes up from newbies quite frequently.

Use forum search and go back through the older threads on this subject and heed what they say.

over a year ago

"Welcome to the forum's.

Fab can be a slow process especially for men. But many make it work well for them. Get involved in the forum's even though only a small percentage use the forum's it's still a good way to get your personality across to people and a fair few look at the forums but don't post as well.Good luck on your journey. "

I'm in similar situation to the gut who started this thread. Thanks to everyone who's give the helpful suggestions

over a year ago

Try and get chatting to people. Put plenty of messages on the forums and join in the conversation. I’ve been on and off here for years and have only managed to meet 2 people. I’ve not had any meets in a while and it does seem that fab has gone a bit closed shop but hopefully it’ll be a success for you. It takes time but fingers crossed.

By *upoftea2Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Hi! I'm new here and need advice on how to hopefully meet people for some fun! I'm 41 in a couple of weeks straight,separated about 15 months now live alone! Hoping to chat to new people and see where it goes! Thanks in advance for any advice."

Funny chat to anyone in, or from, Galway at they are puuuuure Timewasters!!

Post new Message to Thread