Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Fab V Real World

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hello everyone , this may have been discussed or thrown out onto the forums before so apologies if it has been but if not ,what are, in your own opinion, the pros & cons of Fab V the real world in terms of meeting people for either a once off or a sustained situation, l know it may depend on what you're looking for etc but overall what are your thoughts on things between both ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

Casa Del Fun

What pros and cons have you come across yourself?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I find it easy to meet on here than in real life

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

I have never tried other platforms such as the swiping left one , but the fact that you can discuss very specific things you want to do on fab is kinda awesome . Much Harder to do in nightclubs or pubs .

Also the community thing

And the verification thing

But in clubs and pubs you know a lot more about what a person looks like and is like to actually talk to

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

Wicklow

Both parties are focused on the one thing here. A happy,mutually satisfying,erotic connection. I dont look for that with non fabbers.

over a year ago

"I have never tried other platforms such as the swiping left one , but the fact that you can discuss very specific things you want to do on fab is kinda awesome . Much Harder to do in nightclubs or pubs .

Also the community thing

And the verification thing

But in clubs and pubs you know a lot more about what a person looks like and is like to actually talk to "

Yeah this would be my reply too, as well as the enjoying a degree of anonymity while deciding on who to connect with

over a year ago

"What pros and cons have you come across yourself?"

Pro... l find if you connect with someone here a lot of the early inquisitive stuff is by passed and if a meet arranged you know you can openly talk about anything sexual without offending or worrying you say the wrong thing ..the con of course is you have no real idea if you're not being strung along to feed a person's ego whereas in the real world you see the person in front of you but don't know if she is a prude or a Nympho unless you delve into a conversation but then you're back to the thread carefully...l had the experience of meeting someone here and the real world and tbh the fab meet went so much smoother as we both already had a brilliant sexual mental connection whereas the real world meet was a " thread carefully " approach

over a year ago

We don't go to pubs and clubs so fab suits us just fine. We met each other online, it's the easiest way by far to find compatible partners, without the silly dance that goes on in the "real" world, particularly if you live in a rural area.

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

Casa Del Fun

"What pros and cons have you come across yourself?

Pro... l find if you connect with someone here a lot of the early inquisitive stuff is by passed and if a meet arranged you know you can openly talk about anything sexual without offending or worrying you say the wrong thing ..the con of course is you have no real idea if you're not being strung along to feed a person's ego whereas in the real world you see the person in front of you but don't know if she is a prude or a Nympho unless you delve into a conversation but then you're back to the thread carefully...l had the experience of meeting someone here and the real world and tbh the fab meet went so much smoother as we both already had a brilliant sexual mental connection whereas the real world meet was a " thread carefully " approach "

Agreed to an extent, but maybe as a couple there can be different outlooks and outcomes…

Pros for us is that we both (as a couple) can talk openly, freely and without judgement.

Even with people we meet, everyone is just the same, open minded etc…

Not sure that we’ve come across any cons really but we understand where you come from with being strung along by fake or timewasters (We haven’t had that yet).

We aren’t into pubs etc so the scene here totally suits us

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"Hello everyone , this may have been discussed or thrown out onto the forums before so apologies if it has been but if not ,what are, in your own opinion, the pros & cons of Fab V the real world in terms of meeting people for either a once off or a sustained situation, l know it may depend on what you're looking for etc but overall what are your thoughts on things between both ?"

Here peoole can be honest about just wanting sex... rather than giving anyone the impression that you want more when you don't.

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

Last time I invited a group of 3 women and 4 men in a pub to spend 18 hours naked together in a hotel room I got some right funny looks

over a year ago

"Hello everyone , this may have been discussed or thrown out onto the forums before so apologies if it has been but if not ,what are, in your own opinion, the pros & cons of Fab V the real world in terms of meeting people for either a once off or a sustained situation, l know it may depend on what you're looking for etc but overall what are your thoughts on things between both ?"

The real world has pretty looking women

Fab doesn’t

Besides that fab is great crack !

over a year ago

"Hello everyone , this may have been discussed or thrown out onto the forums before so apologies if it has been but if not ,what are, in your own opinion, the pros & cons of Fab V the real world in terms of meeting people for either a once off or a sustained situation, l know it may depend on what you're looking for etc but overall what are your thoughts on things between both ?

Fab doesn’t

"

Na I’m kidding but now lockdown is over it will be interesting to see if the women on here get as much attention

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"Hello everyone , this may have been discussed or thrown out onto the forums before so apologies if it has been but if not ,what are, in your own opinion, the pros & cons of Fab V the real world in terms of meeting people for either a once off or a sustained situation, l know it may depend on what you're looking for etc but overall what are your thoughts on things between both ?

Fab doesn’t

"

If someone said all the blokes are ugly I wouldn’t necessarily be bothered but I d wonder why someone would maintain a presence on a site and post and put up pics when they thought its members were beneath them. My initial thought would be that they don’t take rejection that well and decide to take their anger out using a scattergun approach . Perhaps a strenuous run next time instead ? Just a thought

over a year ago

Fab Vs The Real World for me is...

I've come to realise many lie on here & it's with much disappointment...& That there's such a thing as *Fab Lies...*

There's...

Fab Single

Fab Age

Fab Straight

Fab Bi

Fab Curvy

Fab Athletic

Fab Hot

Fab Tall

Fab VWE

Fab Discreet

Fab Respectful

I could go on...but some peeps are the polar opposite to what they say or have on their profiles or bios as I stated above.

So basically Fab Versus The Real World = Quite alot of Cat-Fish, Liers, Fakes & BS Talkers... Lol that's the reality I'm afraid

Lots of genuine legit peeps here too though that make up for the above mentioned X

over a year ago

I've come to realise many lie on here & it's with much disappointment...& That there's such a thing as *Fab Lies...*

There's...

Fab Single

Fab Age

Fab Straight

Fab Bi

Fab Curvy

Fab Athletic

Fab Hot

Fab Tall

Fab VWE

Fab Discreet

Fab Respectful

I could go on...but some peeps are the polar opposite to what they say or have on their profiles or bios as I stated above.

So basically Fab Versus The Real World = Quite alot of Cat-Fish, Liers, Fakes & BS Talkers... Lol that's the reality I'm afraid

Lots of genuine legit peeps here too though that make up for the above mentioned X"

So,so true, however the personality attributes at least are easily usually discernible with observation and experience, and 99% of the time they'll make the lies about physical attributes irrelevant

over a year ago

My personal experience is that I have had much more luck on dating apps for casual fun and met one or two friends along the way. It’s hard to get a reply here most of the time but I do t take that personally. I’m ok with rejection and there is a huge amount of men on here so…

over a year ago

There's...

Fab Single

Fab Age

Fab Straight

Fab Bi

Fab Curvy

Fab Athletic

Fab Hot

Fab Tall

Fab VWE

Fab Discreet

Fab Respectful

Lots of genuine legit peeps here too though that make up for the above mentioned X

So,so true, however the personality attributes at least are easily usually discernible with observation and experience, and 99% of the time they'll make the lies about physical attributes irrelevant "

So True in many cases it can be easy to suss a personality behind a keyboard... & your instinct tunes in quite vrapidly but unfortunately some peeps or maybe I should say creeps can portray a totally different online persona to real life in a very sinister way.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Ya I wouldn't really ask a guy in a bar or any other social setting for a cock pic.

In other words fab is a useful tool and can be much more straight forward when you're looking for good nsa sex. Real world/life is much more than an internet vehicle and that makes it more complicated but also wonderful.

By *unsigntwoCouple
over a year ago

athlone

Here peoole can be honest about just wanting sex... rather than giving anyone the impression that you want more when you don't. "

I agree !!!

We are not on here for love as we have each other

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"Ya I wouldn't really ask a guy in a bar or any other social setting for a cock pic.

In other words fab is a useful tool and can be much more straight forward when you're looking for good nsa sex. Real world/life is much more than an internet vehicle and that makes it more complicated but also wonderful. "

Although once completely unsolicited two blokes showed me a pic I will never forget whilst I tried to watch football

Not forget in a bad way

over a year ago

There's...

Fab Single

Fab Age

Fab Straight

Fab Bi

Fab Curvy

Fab Athletic

Fab Hot

Fab Tall

Fab VWE

Fab Discreet

Fab Respectful

Lots of genuine legit peeps here too though that make up for the above mentioned X"

Now there's a lady who in a word ..ROCKS...great reply...so so true ..

over a year ago

Sincerely appreciate all the replies, great insight to others thoughts on things here,ye guys ROCK !!!

over a year ago

There's...

Fab Single

Fab Age

Fab Straight

Fab Bi

Fab Curvy

Fab Athletic

Fab Hot

Fab Tall

Fab VWE

Fab Discreet

Fab Respectful

So,so true, however the personality attributes at least are easily usually discernible with observation and experience, and 99% of the time they'll make the lies about physical attributes irrelevant

So True in many cases it can be easy to suss a personality behind a keyboard... & your instinct tunes in quite vrapidly but unfortunately some peeps or maybe I should say creeps can portray a totally different online persona to real life in a very sinister way. "

Honestly I’d say that it’s the potential for dangerous people on here that’s the worry.. if it was only guys or girls exaggerating their positives .. like not actually having a 12” cock.. shock horror.. then that wouldn’t be too bad.. bullshit merchants are in real life as well as fab.. but to me I’d be more concerned with apparent nice people behind a keyboard and then being a different person in reality.. that’s the part that concerns me more than exaggerated profiles..

over a year ago

There's...

Fab Single

Fab Age

Fab Straight

Fab Bi

Fab Curvy

Fab Athletic

Fab Hot

Fab Tall

Fab VWE

Fab Discreet

Fab Respectful

So True in many cases it can be easy to suss a personality behind a keyboard... & your instinct tunes in quite vrapidly but unfortunately some peeps or maybe I should say creeps can portray a totally different online persona to real life in a very sinister way.

Honestly I’d say that it’s the potential for dangerous people on here that’s the worry.. if it was only guys or girls exaggerating their positives .. like not actually having a 12” cock.. shock horror.. then that wouldn’t be too bad.. bullshit merchants are in real life as well as fab.. but to me I’d be more concerned with apparent nice people behind a keyboard and then being a different person in reality.. that’s the part that concerns me more than exaggerated profiles.. "

over a year ago

Personally I find it easier to meet new people in real life rather than on here although that’s probably more to do with me than the site as I’m not the type of guy to randomly mail someone on here and try to start something as usually small talk gets you shot down I find

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/09/21 14:26:17]

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

For some people fab is their real world.

They live their lives through here.

While most use the site like a nice coffee shop, stopping by in the morning before work, nipping in at lunchtime or relaxing in the evening, for others it's like the black Friday sales and the chaos that entails.

The forums in particular are like a pub.

There are the regulars who never seem to work and are always propping up the bar no matter what time you go in and it's obvious they've been there since opening time.

They'll have to be chucked out at closing time too.

All the usual suspects are present including the old boys complaining about the beer and how crap the pub is but they still come back the next day.

Some complain about the menu and want to change it to suit themselves and their dietary requirements.

Over in the corner we have a few who spend their time throwing darts and don't really contribute much else.

On that stool closest to the door is the local celeb eyeing up all the women as they enter and leave and monopolising every conversation with tales of daring do. Beside him is his mate the parish expert who knows everything about nothing and nothing about everything.

Not forgetting those who send their friends up to the bar because they don't want to seen and people over there don't like them.

The pub is full of vape smoke and mirrors which can often be distracting.

Some catch sight of themselves in one of these mirrors but don't recognise themselves and think it's someone else while others see a stranger's reflection and believe it to be their own.

Then again some are terrified of their own reflection so they never look in mirrors but sure everyone else in the pub will tell them how great they look anyway.

Fab v real world?

Alternate versions maybe but not much difference. .

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

"For some people fab is their real world.

While most use the site like a nice coffee shop, stopping by in the morning before work, nipping in at lunchtime or relaxing in the evening, for others it's like the black Friday sales and the chaos that entails.

There are the regulars who never seem to work and are always propping up the bar no matter what time you go in and it's obvious they've been there since opening time.

All the usual suspects are present including the old boys complaining about the beer and how crap the pub is but they still come back the next day.

Some complain about the menu and want to change it to suit themselves and their dietary requirements.

Over in the corner we have a few who spend their time throwing darts and don't really contribute much else.

On that stool closest to the door is the local celeb eyeing up all the women as they enter and leave and monopolising every conversation with tales of daring do. Beside him is his mate the parish expert who knows everything about nothing and nothing about everything.

Not forgetting those who send their friends up to the bar because they don't want to seen and people over there don't like them.

Some catch sight of themselves in one of these mirrors but don't recognise themselves and think it's someone else while others see a stranger's reflection and believe it to be their own.

Then again some are terrified of their own reflection so they never look in mirrors but sure everyone else in the pub will tell them how great they look anyway.

Fab v real world?

Alternate versions maybe but not much difference. . "

nailed it.

over a year ago

Fab v real world?

Thats got to be the most cynical bitterest thing I've ever seen here

I mean its 75% correct but still...

Do you need a hug RB?

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Fab v real world?

Do you need a hug RB?"

Nah I just popped in to use the toilet

over a year ago

Fab v real world?

Do you need a hug RB?

Nah I just popped in to use the toilet "

Oh your that fucker.... tutting at us all pisshed at 4pm

over a year ago

Fab v real world?

Do you need a hug RB?"

This made me lol

It is cynical and true

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman
over a year ago

South County Dublin

Fab v real world?

Do you need a hug RB?

Nah I just popped in to use the toilet

Oh your that fucker.... tutting at us all pisshed at 4pm"

Love, love, love this post ... cynical, yes probably; bitter, I wouldn't have thought so but it's literally portrayed Fab in a sarcastic, symbolic, yet real life setting... I can just picture the scene, nearly like in a wild west saloon ...now there's a party theme

over a year ago

Fab v real world?

You forgot the bunch of women in the corner, greeting everyone like a long lost bestie, then bitching about them as soon as they're out of earshot

over a year ago

" While most use the site like a nice coffee shop, stopping by in the morning before work, nipping in at lunchtime or relaxing in the evening, for others it's like the black Friday sales and the chaos that entails."

I’m thinking how great a nice coffee shop can be…. Prefer to approach fab like that place rather than the pub, but that say more about me than anything about anyone else. And how much I hate the crowds of shopping!

I think Fab, has many good things, and a minority of bad. As many may see, it’s those vocal minority that often cause the headaches. But also when I find myself in a “real” world scenario where a lady and I exchange smiles, fab has given me the confidence to say hello and equally ask at the end of what would hopefully be a pleasant conversation if they’d like to spend some more time together back in the hotel room.

Oh and I think the Wild West saloon had really bad coffee … but you might still tempt me into that room… once when the doors swing I’m not the fella that causes everything to stop…

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Fab v real world?

You forgot the bunch of women in the corner, greeting everyone like a long lost bestie, then bitching about them as soon as they're out of earshot"

It's a work in progress

Along with the bobble head lads in the snug just nodding and agreeing with everything the cleavage says.

And the fight over what channel to watch on the big screen comes to nothing when they get distracted by a sky remote.

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Fab v real world?

You forgot the bunch of women in the corner, greeting everyone like a long lost bestie, then bitching about them as soon as they're out of earshot

It's a work in progress

Along with the bobble head lads in the snug just nodding and agreeing with everything the cleavage says.

And the fight over what channel to watch on the big screen comes to nothing when they get distracted by a sky remote. "

Can i be the bouncer

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Fab v real world?

It's a work in progress

And the fight over what channel to watch on the big screen comes to nothing when they get distracted by a sky remote.

Can i be the bouncer "

In fabworld or real world? I may need to rewrite the screenplay

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Fab v real world?

It's a work in progress

Can i be the bouncer

In fabworld or real world? I may need to rewrite the screenplay "

Cheeky

over a year ago

Fab v real world?

^^^^^^^ This is one of the best forum reads ever... (The comment above...)

You made me laugh so much...& I had to read it a couple of times

You forgot to mention the `Flashers` `Mooners` & `Teasers`...

I'm guilty of spending too much time in this 'pub'...but hey it's an escape from reality at times...What cracks me up also are the peeps who deny they've been in the 'pub' for too long when they're visible...(i.e - the ones who say I forgot to log-out... we all know your profile goes off-line after 5mins of no activiy)... So basically ye forgot to go home from said 'pub`...

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/09/21 16:39:49]

over a year ago

Fab v real world?

^^^^^^^ This is one of the best forum reads ever... (The comment above...)

You made me laugh so much...& I had to read it a couple of times

You forgot to mention the `Flashers` `Mooners` & `Teasers`...

I'm guilty of spending too much time in this 'pub'...but hey it's an escape from reality at times...What cracks me up also are the peeps who deny they've been in the 'pub' for too long when they're visible...(i.e - the ones who say I forgot to log-out... we all know your profile goes off-line after 5mins of no activiy)... So basically ye forgot to go home from said 'pub`... "

I’m the sad act that’s there since opening sitting at the bar with 5 newspapers on front of me d*unk at 10am telling anyone unfortunate enough to stand next to me ordering a drink what it was like in the good old days when pubs where good and I had friends !

Still living the dream tho !

By *oseredWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Fab v real world?

Do you need a hug RB?

Nah I just popped in to use the toilet "

Toilets are for patrons only!

Post new Message to Thread