Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Does anyone read profiles fully...

Jump to newest

By *ig A300 OP   Man
over a year ago

North. love to chat please.

I always do but find a lot of woman say read profile before message me... then when you do they never reply... I know I'm going to get lamb based with we have so many messages and some guys are rude and abusive when they get no interested.. but surely all men are not like that.. Well I'm certainly not...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ussie MMan
over a year ago

near sandyford

I think it is down to the sheer volumes of emails the ladies on this site get. You can get lost in the noise

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

I say it to all the newbie lads, forget pm'ing the ladies, chances are yours will get lost in the abyss of single male messages.

Better off contributing to the Irish Forum. Plenty of lovely, smart ladies on here to chat and build a rapport with

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

A lot of people don't reply for whatever reasons it's their choice. But if you want any chance of a response do keep reading the profiles is all I can say really .I always read a profile before I even open a message off someone new. And like 2 plus said getting involved in the forum's and letting people get to know you from here can also help you on your fab journey.

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

I always read a profile before I send a first message and pick out something they might have said in there bio doesn't always mean they'll reply it's the same as my own just because you mention my love of soccer and chocolate doesn't mean ill reply....

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman
over a year ago

South County Dublin

I always read the profiles fully of those that message me. I've even been known to read the profiles of those who post on the Forum .

When receiving messages, I generally make the effort to reply. But my incoming are either very heavily restricted with filters or blocked altogether. Hence I don't have an influx of tens or even hundreds of messages. In fact, my inbox is refreshingly tidy!

I generally don't entertain "hiyas" or the like, I prefer messages with "character" (sometimes maybe, not always - I'm more inclined to respond to wit). And I'm only ever very rarely at the end of a rude or abusive message. Yis have all been very kind to me

I'm personally more of a hunter when I'm looking. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy being chased

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman
over a year ago

South County Dublin

"I always read a profile before I send a first message and pick out something they might have said in there bio doesn't always mean they'll reply it's the same as my own just because you mention my love of soccer and chocolate doesn't mean ill reply.... "

Someone mentioned chocolate?! Where? The way to my heart, eh sorry, sex maybe, sometimes

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Do you reply to all the spam that comes onto your email?

Man livingsocial got ALOT of Dick pics off me

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman
over a year ago

South County Dublin

"Do you reply to all the spam that comes onto your email?

Man livingsocial got ALOT of Dick pics off me"

Spam, on Fab?! Never

By *ewitching1Woman
over a year ago

belfast

I will always make an effort to reply to every message, it's only manners, but that doesn't mean I'm going to meet. And if it's says on my profile I don't like rude /crude and you start a message with calling me a slut and do I want to fuck... Then chances are I won't reply, just block. But keep your filters tight and your inbox tidy

By *ewrideMan
over a year ago

KK

"I always read the profiles fully of those that message me. I've even been known to read the profiles of those who post on the Forum .

When receiving messages, I generally make the effort to reply. But my incoming are either very heavily restricted with filters or blocked altogether. Hence I don't have an influx of tens or even hundreds of messages. In fact, my inbox is refreshingly tidy!

I generally don't entertain "hiyas" or the like, I prefer messages with "character" (sometimes maybe, not always - I'm more inclined to respond to wit). And I'm only ever very rarely at the end of a rude or abusive message. Yis have all been very kind to me

I'm personally more of a hunter when I'm looking. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy being chased "

How much "character" can you put into a message to someone you don't really know?

over a year ago

No chance

over a year ago

"I always read the profiles fully of those that message me. I've even been known to read the profiles of those who post on the Forum .

I'm personally more of a hunter when I'm looking. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy being chased "

I chase you anyway,and I did read you profile a while ago,and my was that well put together.

Very interesting and yeah very enjoyable reading.

over a year ago

No one ever reads mine

By *ig A300 OP   Man
over a year ago

I understand everthing that has been said but most messages don't even get opened I answer every message that I open thats just me. Even if I'm not interested in the woman I'll still be as polite as I can.. when I'm told their not interested I'm me ill still thank them for replying and wish them all the best. But it must be mental for the women on here with all the mail they get... So in advance thank you lol

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman
over a year ago

South County Dublin

I'm personally more of a hunter when I'm looking. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy being chased

How much "character" can you put into a message to someone you don't really know?"

Some are more talented than others, same as out in the real world, I suppose...depending what you can pick up on and improvise around that, be it virtually or in reality...same as every woman will respond differently to the same message from a man, as every woman has different things that speak to her to get her to reply. And I'd suggest the same is true for men.

I've got the green flag and the green tick too. Thankfully my Tourettes is kept under control currently, so the twitch isn't as noticeable . I recycle everything too . Can I get a green medal for that, please?

Does a silver medal in masturbation technique count? I did award it to myself, I have to admit - I'd hate to show bias amongst the contenders

Just as an example to how I might respond to your profile

over a year ago

Well nobody has yet offered to wash and return my underwear so I'd say not!

Awk but in all seriousness, Ohpee, as others have already said most will check a profile before even deciding whether or not to reply to a message so if it doesn't grab their attention you're already facing an uphill battle!

So even if you show that you've read theirs with your message, perhaps using something they've noted as a conversation starter, that doesn't necessarily mean your profile has peaked their own interest or lends itself to the same spark of conversation!

The forums are a lovely way to let your personality shine and for others to get to know you so don't shy away from doing just that and I'm sure you'll see it'll lead to many weird and wonderful interactions!

By *ig A300 OP   Man
over a year ago

"A lot of people don't reply for whatever reasons it's their choice. But if you want any chance of a response do keep reading the profiles is all I can say really .I always read a profile before I even open a message off someone new. And like 2 plus said getting involved in the forum's and letting people get to know you from here can also help you on your fab journey. "
you so right it is their choice but it's difficult to get a womans attention in just one message but hay keeping trying lol

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman
over a year ago

South County Dublin

"No one ever reads mine"

By *ig A300 OP   Man
over a year ago

"No one ever reads mine

"

That's becuase you've hidden your profile ?? I can't read it

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

"No one ever reads mine"

Er.....cause there's nothing to read

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

"I always do but find a lot of woman say read profile before message me... then when you do they never reply... I know I'm going to get lamb based with we have so many messages and some guys are rude and abusive when they get no interested.. but surely all men are not like that.. Well I'm certainly not..."

Believe me most guys don’t. Vast majority of our messages from young single guys. Then you get the odd “I know you say you’re not looking for single guys but….” It’s not annoying- the only time being wasted is theirs.

Ps - More “Lamb based” threads please. It’s my favourite meat by far. Preferably in a nice Bhuna…..

By *ig A300 OP   Man
over a year ago

"No one ever reads mine

Er.....cause there's nothing to read "

just read your ill take it you don't like D pics and I did get to the end fair play lol

By *ig A300 OP   Man
over a year ago

"I always do but find a lot of woman say read profile before message me... then when you do they never reply... I know I'm going to get lamb based with we have so many messages and some guys are rude and abusive when they get no interested.. but surely all men are not like that.. Well I'm certainly not...

Believe me most guys don’t. Vast majority of our messages from young single guys. Then you get the odd “I know you say you’re not looking for single guys but….” It’s not annoying- the only time being wasted is theirs.

Ps - More “Lamb based” threads please. It’s my favourite meat by far. Preferably in a nice Bhuna….."

haha hold on till I read you profile

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

What's a "profile"?

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

People do read things but try their luck also

So if you put up a social or party meet clearly stating that there are already enough blokes and you’re looking for females and couples , 90 per cent of queries will still be from blokes

But I guess if you don’t ask you don’t get , despite being a touch soul destroying all round

By *ig A300 OP   Man
over a year ago

"I always do but find a lot of woman say read profile before message me... then when you do they never reply... I know I'm going to get lamb based with we have so many messages and some guys are rude and abusive when they get no interested.. but surely all men are not like that.. Well I'm certainly not...

Ps - More “Lamb based” threads please. It’s my favourite meat by far. Preferably in a nice Bhuna….."

No I didn't take you to seriously lol

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman
over a year ago

South County Dublin

"No one ever reads mine

That's becuase you've hidden your profile ?? I can't read it "

I have, yes...but I didn't make that statement. My response was merely the green face to the poster who made that statement...his profile text is a full stop . I find that hilarious actually...my approach of him would be to send a bunch of punctuation marks

By *ussie MMan
over a year ago

near sandyford

You are pretty clear about not wanting single guys

By *ardyboy54321Man
over a year ago

Fermanagh

"I will always make an effort to reply to every message, it's only manners, but that doesn't mean I'm going to meet. And if it's says on my profile I don't like rude /crude and you start a message with calling me a slut and do I want to fuck... Then chances are I won't reply, just block. But keep your filters tight and your inbox tidy "
pledge polish is mighty stuff I hear

over a year ago

"What's a "profile"? "

The word under the public photos link….

I’m amazed the men stating that they get emails from ladies…. And their wondering why they are not reading the profile… you’ve gotten a message… that in itself is a win.

@saintly lady… I’d read your profile and gladly structure and introduction, with punctuation, for your consideration.

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman
over a year ago

South County Dublin

"What's a "profile"?

I’m amazed the men stating that they get emails from ladies…. And their wondering why they are not reading the profile… you’ve gotten a message… that in itself is a win.

@saintly lady… I’d read your profile and gladly structure and introduction, with punctuation, for your consideration. "

I'd hate to waste anyone's time though as I'm not currently available to meet... . I'm merely one of the probably much hated Forum users

over a year ago

"

I'd hate to waste anyone's time though as I'm not currently available to meet... . I'm merely one of the probably much hated Forum users "

Ahh… now that self deprecation is not necessary… much loved contributors…. Flattery still works right??

Guess… take the best of what is there and enjoy the forum chat…

What was this forum thread about again… ???

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman
over a year ago

South County Dublin

"

I'd hate to waste anyone's time though as I'm not currently available to meet... . I'm merely one of the probably much hated Forum users

Ahh… now that self deprecation is not necessary… much loved contributors…. Flattery still works right??

What was this forum thread about again… ??? "

Aw, thanks

Reading a profile

Sure, I'll come out for a bit...give you entertainment to read . Incoming still blocked though

(flattery works, right )

over a year ago

"No one ever reads mine

Er.....cause there's nothing to read "

Fell for it

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"What's a "profile"?

@saintly lady… I’d read your profile and gladly structure and introduction, with punctuation, for your consideration. "

Are you saying that men in general should be so grateful to receive a message that they should ignore the fact the woman hasn't read their profile?

I've had numerous messages from women and couples and when I point out that I clearly don't fit anything on their profile they say it's only for show and to avoid unwanted attention.

I thank them for their message and move on because if they choose to ignore my profile we won't be chatting any further.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"

Aw, thanks

Reading a profile

Sure, I'll come out for a bit...give you entertainment to read . Incoming still blocked though

(flattery works, right )"

Not blowing smoke up your arse or anything but a great read in fairness

over a year ago

Judging by recent experience many don't. Dee came back from major surgery two weeks ago. We had a note on the top of our profile about not meeting for at least a month. A lot of site users messaged looking for meets last week and it got to the stage where read the profile was most common reply. Hence why we hid the profile.

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman
over a year ago

South County Dublin

"Judging by recent experience many don't. Dee came back from major surgery two weeks ago. We had a note on the top of our profile about not meeting for at least a month. A lot of site users messaged looking for meets last week and it got to the stage where read the profile was most common reply. Hence why we hid the profile. "

I hope her recovery is speedy and wish her, and you, well on that path...xxx

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman
over a year ago

South County Dublin

"

Aw, thanks

Reading a profile

(flattery works, right )

Not blowing smoke up your arse or anything but a great read in fairness "

Thank you

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

"A lot of people don't reply for whatever reasons it's their choice. But if you want any chance of a response do keep reading the profiles is all I can say really .I always read a profile before I even open a message off someone new. And like 2 plus said getting involved in the forum's and letting people get to know you from here can also help you on your fab journey. you so right it is their choice but it's difficult to get a womans attention in just one message but hay keeping trying lol "

You've gotten more replies from ladies on this thread than probably in the last month by pm'ing (thus proving my point above) and you're going back to pm'ing?

I really do give up!

over a year ago

I like to read the profile some are very funny I love the humor in them . Plus it give a lil insite to what they are like

over a year ago

"Judging by recent experience many don't. Dee came back from major surgery two weeks ago. We had a note on the top of our profile about not meeting for at least a month. A lot of site users messaged looking for meets last week and it got to the stage where read the profile was most common reply. Hence why we hid the profile. "

Was it like a shop sign “back in 15min"

By *atherjackhackettMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

I always fully read a profile before messaging. Some ask to include a certain word on subject line when messaging as proof and it's disappointing although not surprising that they still don't read it let alone reply.

By *ewrideMan
over a year ago

KK

"

Some are more talented than others, same as out in the real world, I suppose...depending what you can pick up on and improvise around that, be it virtually or in reality...same as every woman will respond differently to the same message from a man, as every woman has different things that speak to her to get her to reply. And I'd suggest the same is true for men.

I've got the green flag and the green tick too. Thankfully my Tourettes is kept under control currently, so the twitch isn't as noticeable . I recycle everything too . Can I get a green medal for that, please?

Does a silver medal in masturbation technique count? I did award it to myself, I have to admit - I'd hate to show bias amongst the contenders

Just as an example to how I might respond to your profile "

Very much in agreement that I'll make more time for those that have gone to the trouble of getting the green flag, green tick and silver/gold medal.

One or two public pictures always helps too.

The opening line doesn't need to be anything special then in my book, if there's a conversation to be sparked it'll ignite after a few messages, rather than just one

By *ig A300 OP   Man
over a year ago

"A lot of people don't reply for whatever reasons it's their choice. But if you want any chance of a response do keep reading the profiles is all I can say really .I always read a profile before I even open a message off someone new. And like 2 plus said getting involved in the forum's and letting people get to know you from here can also help you on your fab journey. you so right it is their choice but it's difficult to get a womans attention in just one message but hay keeping trying lol

You've gotten more replies from ladies on this thread than probably in the last month by pm'ing (thus proving my point above) and you're going back to pm'ing?

I really do give up! "

I received a message as I said all ready I will always answer a message no matter what and your right as always

By *ewitching1Woman
over a year ago

belfast

"I will always make an effort to reply to every message, it's only manners, but that doesn't mean I'm going to meet. And if it's says on my profile I don't like rude /crude and you start a message with calling me a slut and do I want to fuck... Then chances are I won't reply, just block. But keep your filters tight and your inbox tidy pledge polish is mighty stuff I hear "

Sure you know well enough first Hand Hardy. I only message you cause you pack biscuits

over a year ago

I used to read profiles, now I just look at the pictures.

over a year ago

Think PLAYBOY Op

Most of us use to say we read the articles but a few nice pics can lead you astray make you lose your train of thought I blame some of the women for putting up the boobie pics

over a year ago

Best wishes for Dee’s recovery

Post new Message to Thread