Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Ian Bailey (Virgin Media Interview) tonight

Jump to newest

By *arkDub1989 OP   Man
over a year ago

Skerries

Ian Bailey doing another interview. Whether he did or not (I don’t think he did), it just be so upsetting for the family of Sophie

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ostringslover888Man
over a year ago

south

I think he did

By *ewrideMan
over a year ago

KK

He didn't do it.

He's an oddball that courts the noteriety.

While it's an interesting story, the media should stop indulging him. It's nothing but a drive for ratings. It's not going to aid the search for justice, and it's harming Sophie's family, and Ian himself.

By *hatCoupleNextDoorCouple
over a year ago

nearby

I just can't decide whether he did or didn't, watched both the recent documentaries on sky and Netflix and I'm still on the fence about his guilt/innocence. But I think people have def heard enough from him at this point, what else is he gonna say that's different this time.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I just can't decide whether he did or didn't, watched both the recent documentaries on sky and Netflix and I'm still on the fence about his guilt/innocence. But I think people have def heard enough from him at this point, what else is he gonna say that's different this time. "

I mean as long as people are consuming the content tv stations will keep booking him I guess

over a year ago

"I just can't decide whether he did or didn't, watched both the recent documentaries on sky and Netflix and I'm still on the fence about his guilt/innocence. But I think people have def heard enough from him at this point, what else is he gonna say that's different this time.

I mean as long as people are consuming the content tv stations will keep booking him I guess"

Exactly

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

If he had been tried and convicted back in 1997, he'd be out of jail and anonymous by now. Instead, he has to live with constant scrutiny, his reputation is destroyed and he can never leave the country. I don't think he did it but if he did, he has paid for it and will continue to do so until the day he dies. Mrs.

By *hatCoupleNextDoorCouple
over a year ago

nearby

"I just can't decide whether he did or didn't, watched both the recent documentaries on sky and Netflix and I'm still on the fence about his guilt/innocence. But I think people have def heard enough from him at this point, what else is he gonna say that's different this time.

I mean as long as people are consuming the content tv stations will keep booking him I guess"

This is true

over a year ago

All I know is that someone killed the French lady, they think it was him, couldn't give a toss after that, will not be watching anything about it until they find out who it was.

What a waste of time watching something that answers nothing.

Aggghhhhhhh... Got that off my chest

over a year ago

I dont think he killed her, all is is guilty of is being both a blow in to cork and a bit excentric as well. I think the way he and his partner have had to live under this terrible accusation all these years would have cracked him if hed actually done it. Also think its terrible how false statements were given to support the idea it was ian bailey, dunno how that witness manages to live with herself after destroying the mans reputation with what she later admitted was a pack of lies

By *arkDub1989 OP   Man
over a year ago

Skerries

I agree with you to be honest. Now he hasn’t helped himself but there’s a hell of MEPs from strange guy to murderer

"I dont think he killed her, all is is guilty of is being both a blow in to cork and a bit excentric as well. I think the way he and his partner have had to live under this terrible accusation all these years would have cracked him if hed actually done it. Also think its terrible how false statements were given to support the idea it was ian bailey, dunno how that witness manages to live with herself after destroying the mans reputation with what she later admitted was a pack of lies "

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

I didnt see that netflix doc but from what i remember,there is absolutely no evidence against him other than that revoked witness statement from that farrell woman and generally he is a bit odd.

Or is there s9mething im missing?

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"I dont think he killed her, all is is guilty of is being both a blow in to cork and a bit excentric as well. I think the way he and his partner have had to live under this terrible accusation all these years would have cracked him if hed actually done it. Also think its terrible how false statements were given to support the idea it was ian bailey, dunno how that witness manages to live with herself after destroying the mans reputation with what she later admitted was a pack of lies "

Didnt read this before posting but couldn't agree more.

Its like a story from the dark ages of ireland back in the 50s or 60s where you were damned by local rumour.

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

He admitted it before.. Why would somebody admit to a murder if they didn't do it?

He's a born liar..

over a year ago

"He admitted it before.. Why would somebody admit to a murder if they didn't do it?

He's a born liar.. "

I do believe his response to that was that he was being sarcastic and was taken up wrong. He has said so on many occasions that he often used sarcasm as a coping mechanism.

By *ostringslover888Man
over a year ago

south

It’s his behaviour the night of her murder and the days after that made him prime suspect.

1). He stopped the car on the way home got out, remarked the was a light on in the cottage beside Alfie Lyons and he’d a feeling something bad was going to happen.

2) she said he left the house the night of the murder in her interview something he denied until he was confronted with it.

3) he went from hippy to journalist over night and gave details to the press which the guards hadn’t released, he hadn’t spoke to the guards either.

He’s also admitted, black humour or not, on a good few occasions full of drink.

I can go on but one thing really stuck out to me being the father of 2 girls. Sophie’s body was found in the morning and that night Ian Bailey went into Schull for a few pints and to see what was being said about the murder (his evidence in the four courts).

Schull is 5 miles from the prairie, were he left Jules and her daughters and 2 female students, when there was a body 2 miles away in the other direction and a murderer on the loose.

He knew they’d be safe.

By *ewrideMan
over a year ago

KK

"I didnt see that netflix doc but from what i remember,there is absolutely no evidence against him other than that revoked witness statement from that farrell woman and generally he is a bit odd.

Or is there s9mething im missing? "

The appetite from bumbling gardaí to pin it on him, the willingness from locals to go along with it due to his unpopularity, the national media frenzy that ensued, and her family's unwavering grief.

over a year ago

Small correction there, the 2 girls were his partners daughters from her previous marriage. They were not his daughters .

By *atherjackhackettMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

Just looking at it now. He has aged so much since the Vincent Browne interview 9 years ago. Stress would do that whether guilty or not.

By *scar3Man
over a year ago

navan

Will he ever just f#@k off. Sick listening to that attention seeker.

By *ublinguy99Man
over a year ago

Dublin South

He's a total narcissist, and the interview was used to plug his poetry books. Interviewer never got under his skin, a non-event, unless you're Ian Bailey.

By *atherjackhackettMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

"He's a total narcissist, and the interview was used to plug his poetry books. Interviewer never got under his skin, a non-event, unless you're Ian Bailey. "

It was a tv interview, not police questioning or interrogation.

By *oolpinstripeMan
over a year ago

Kildare

He’s like an internet troll at this stage. The media should shoulder some of the blame here as well, why give airtime to someone who claims innocence and who was found guilty of no crime.

Churning him out at every opportunity when the case is mentioned serves no good except to stoke his ego, and cause more speculation from the public.

Sophie has almost been overshadowed at this stage by him.

By *agle eyed RobMan
over a year ago

Mallow

100% he did do it...

I was in school with jules daughter and before Sophie was murdered she used to tell me the savage temper he had...some years later at a school reunion i met her bf and he confirmed that he most definitely did it. Garda fucked up simple as that.

over a year ago

I used to live in Durrus it's about 10 kilometres from Tooamore, the murder scene. During my time there I have met and spoken to Ian Bailey on numerous occasions and while I'm no psychologist, he is one of the most conceited narcissistic people I have ever met. He is also highly eccentric and given to some very strange

behaviours. He is well educated and well read, and he has an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of the Arts. So he is basically a tallentless failed journalist, yer average honours English leaving cert student would be capable of far better writing.

Personally I don't think he murdered Sophie Toscon Du Plantier. Most of the evidence against him is largely circumstantial and hearsay. Plus the DNA found on/in her body wasn't from Ian Bailey. The owner of this unknown DNA is in all likelihood her murder. Anyway if the DPP had one shread credible evidence against Ian Bailey, they would have indited his years ago.

The rumours circulating around Mizen and Sheeps head are that a young German lad who was living in the area at the time became infatuated with her, and when she rejected his advances he killed her. Apparently the lad returned to Germany and committed suicide, and wrote a confession admitting to the murder in his suicide letter.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

The mans life has been ruined by local bad cops,trial by media and local rumours.

And now hes being blamed for being in the media all the time,there is a netflix doc just out about it all ffs.how is that his fault?

Whatever happened to those cops and that farrell woman who conspired and told all those lies about him?

In some ways we are still a small minded backward little country.

over a year ago

Madame du plantiers murder was badly mishandled from the get go. From the state pathologist who refused to attend the scene in a timely manner ,thus losing vital evidence on the body, to the local gardai who failed to preserve the murder scene correctly, the many leads never followed up on, the pack of lies told by marie farrell, the informer planted by gardai and paid in to try extract a confession from Bailey.. The whole thing is a farce! No evidence linking him to the crime, no forensic evidence linking him, not even any circumstancial evidence apart from the lies told by ms farell later retracted. A nosy blow in excentric journalist with a nose for a good story was scapegoated and lauded as a murderer because it suited the lazy adgenda and quelled the hysteria in small town ireland. Yes i know too much about it i find the case fascinating and have followed it closely for years.

By *vpamelaTV/TS
over a year ago

kinkville

"Madame du plantiers murder was badly mishandled from the get go. From the state pathologist who refused to attend the scene in a timely manner ,thus losing vital evidence on the body, to the local gardai who failed to preserve the murder scene correctly, the many leads never followed up on, the pack of lies told by marie farrell, the informer planted by gardai and paid in to try extract a confession from Bailey.. The whole thing is a farce! No evidence linking him to the crime, no forensic evidence linking him, not even any circumstancial evidence apart from the lies told by ms farell later retracted. A nosy blow in excentric journalist with a nose for a good story was scapegoated and lauded as a murderer because it suited the lazy adgenda and quelled the hysteria in small town ireland. Yes i know too much about it i find the case fascinating and have followed it closely for years. "

Sums it up perfectly.

Pity the true murderer never faced justice.

By *ublinguy99Man
over a year ago

Dublin South

[Removed by poster at 17/09/21 12:18:33]

By *ublinguy99Man
over a year ago

Dublin South

"He's a total narcissist, and the interview was used to plug his poetry books. Interviewer never got under his skin, a non-event, unless you're Ian Bailey.

It was a tv interview, not police questioning or interrogation. "

No! Really? and the relevance of that comment is lost on me!

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"Madame du plantiers murder was badly mishandled from the get go. From the state pathologist who refused to attend the scene in a timely manner ,thus losing vital evidence on the body, to the local gardai who failed to preserve the murder scene correctly, the many leads never followed up on, the pack of lies told by marie farrell, the informer planted by gardai and paid in to try extract a confession from Bailey.. The whole thing is a farce! No evidence linking him to the crime, no forensic evidence linking him, not even any circumstancial evidence apart from the lies told by ms farell later retracted. A nosy blow in excentric journalist with a nose for a good story was scapegoated and lauded as a murderer because it suited the lazy adgenda and quelled the hysteria in small town ireland. Yes i know too much about it i find the case fascinating and have followed it closely for years. "

You left out that hes english.

Im sure that had nothing to do with it tho

By *ewrideMan
over a year ago

KK

Spot on

Post new Message to Thread