Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Over 50's only section.....!

Jump to newest

By *mazballs69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Countryside

Who would like to see an over 50's only section on this site?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Who would like to see an over 50's only section on this site?

"

Just lie about your age as most do

over a year ago

In what capacity an over 50s section? What about couples who straddle that age?

By *mazballs69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Countryside

Now there's an idea

I could probably get away with it as I've been told I look a lot younger than I am

By *mazballs69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Countryside

An over 50's section that members want to be part of it including couples that have 1 of the couple 50 or over....

over a year ago

I would definitely be up for it OP.

over a year ago

Sure you can filter by age no?

By *mazballs69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Countryside

You can indeed if you want. I'm just suggesting a section solely for the 50+..... Just a thought I had and looking to see what other members think of the idea

over a year ago

"You can indeed if you want. I'm just suggesting a section solely for the 50+..... Just a thought I had and looking to see what other members think of the idea "

Like a forum section? Or a whole different part of the website? Either way, does it not make the site unwieldy to both use and manage?

over a year ago

Most folks are pretending to be under 50 never mind wanting to declare membership to a 50 plus fab group

E

By *mazballs69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Countryside

Not for those that would only like to access and use the 50+ section. For those not interested then no worries

over a year ago

I can see where you are coming from OP. There are lots of pitfalls with it regarding age and if it could be done here on fab. Think maybe a kik group might be an idea. Whichever way I would join or help you out any way. Just message me for a hand.

over a year ago

Would those people be allowed access the all ages area of the site?

By *mazballs69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Countryside

"I can see where you are coming from OP. There are lots of pitfalls with it regarding age and if it could be done here on fab. Think maybe a kik group might be an idea.Whichever way I would join or help you out any way. Just message me for a hand."

Will keep that in mind.

Maybe I should be thinking along the lines of setting up an 50+ swingers website

over a year ago

"Not for those that would only like to access and use the 50+ section. For those not interested then no worries "

The only point I was trying to make is where does one draw the line for specific sections of the site. A section each for different age groups? Different physical attributes? Different parts of the world? Different sexual preferences? The list is endless. Would you have to have separate accounts and/or memberships for each section you wanted to be part of? Which is why I said it could make the site unwieldy.

I kinda think the site already provides the tools you need to interact with those you are interested in whilst bypassing those you aren't *shrug*

K

over a year ago

So this is where the old folk hang out

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

A giant engine in a factory failed. The factory owners had spoken to several ‘experts’ but none of them could show the owners how they could solve the problem.

Eventually the owners brought in an old man who had been fixing engines for many years. After inspecting the huge engine for a minute or two, the old man pulled a hammer out of his tool bag and gently tapped on the engine.

Immediately the engine sprung back into life.

A week later the owners of the business received an invoice from the old man for £10,000. Flabbergasted, they wrote to the old man asking him to send through an itemised bill. The man replied with a bill that said:

Tapping with a hammer: £2.00

Knowing where to tap: £9,998.00

The moral of the story is that, while effort is important, having the experience to know where to put that effort makes all the difference.

Random I know but the number of people joining a succesful site like this and then trying to change it to suit themselves is unbelievable.

As already said, all the tools are available but people choose to ignore those for their own reasons.

If you're getting too many messages you can't whinge about it because filters are already available to solve that problem.

If you're not getting any messages, that's not the sites fault so why try and change it?

If the wrong people are getting in touch block them.

If the right people aren't getting in touch then maybe use the story above as guidance and find out why you're tapping in the wrong place.

If you tap once and it doesn't work smashing it with a sledgehammer is going to be counterproductive.

If you tap and nothing happens, don't blame the hammer.

By *mazballs69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Countryside

Tapping is not the problem and never has been. I just thought I would put a suggestion out there to see what kind of reaction it would get and to start a discussion, which it did. I know there are filters, blocking and all the rest but if you don't ask the question then you will never know the response. Happy fabbing fabers

over a year ago

"Tapping is not the problem and never has been. I just thought I would put a suggestion out there to see what kind of reaction it would get and to start a discussion, which it did. I know there are filters, blocking and all the rest but if you don't ask the question then you will never know the response. Happy fabbing fabers "

Fair play for reading that essay

By *mazballs69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Countryside

"Not for those that would only like to access and use the 50+ section. For those not interested then no worries

The only point I was trying to make is where does one draw the line for specific sections of the site. A section each for different age groups? Different physical attributes? Different parts of the world? Different sexual preferences? The list is endless. Would you have to have separate accounts and/or memberships for each section you wanted to be part of? Which is why I said it could make the site unwieldy.

I kinda think the site already provides the tools you need to interact with those you are interested in whilst bypassing those you aren't *shrug*

K

"

As I said above, I wanted to start a discussion and it worked. Open debate and discussion is always good to have. We are all here by choice and we all make choices of who to engage with or not which is the beauty of the site and long may it continue. No harm done in putting suggestions forward as long as they don't harm or hurt others.

Happy fabbing

By *shoreMan
over a year ago

cork

Well I have a lady friend... 20 odd years in the difference and ó my god we get along like a house on fire..... So don't rule out anyone with a number

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

I would suggest retaining the status quo; on this site and in my real life I enjoy observing and interacting with a wide range of people; whether that be by age, gender, occupation, personality, etc.

It is beneficial to be exposed to a wide range of people; on this site, if you don't want to meet them, then ignore or block them.If behaviour is inappropriate, then report them.

over a year ago

Are you allowed have sex over 50 in Ireland....is it not a health risk...over 50 are you not supposed to isolate & pray for a happy death

By *andytownMan
over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"In what capacity an over 50s section? What about couples who straddle that age?"

Love a good straddle

over a year ago

"I can see where you are coming from OP. There are lots of pitfalls with it regarding age and if it could be done here on fab. Think maybe a kik group might be an idea.Whichever way I would join or help you out any way. Just message me for a hand.

Will keep that in mind.

Maybe I should be thinking along the lines of setting up an 50+ swingers website "

over a year ago

"A giant engine in a factory failed. The factory owners had spoken to several ‘experts’ but none of them could show the owners how they could solve the problem.

Eventually the owners brought in an old man who had been fixing engines for many years. After inspecting the huge engine for a minute or two, the old man pulled a hammer out of his tool bag and gently tapped on the engine.

A week later the owners of the business received an invoice from the old man for £10,000. Flabbergasted, they wrote to the old man asking him to send through an itemised bill. The man replied with a bill that said:

The moral of the story is that, while effort is important, having the experience to know where to put that effort makes all the difference.

Random I know but the number of people joining a succesful site like this and then trying to change it to suit themselves is unbelievable.

As already said, all the tools are available but people choose to ignore those for their own reasons.

If you're getting too many messages you can't whinge about it because filters are already available to solve that problem.

If you're not getting any messages, that's not the sites fault so why try and change it?

If the right people aren't getting in touch then maybe use the story above as guidance and find out why you're tapping in the wrong place.

If you tap once and it doesn't work smashing it with a sledgehammer is going to be counterproductive.

If you tap and nothing happens, don't blame the hammer. "

AWESOME DUDE !!

over a year ago

Does age matter anyway ?

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

The fab grey panthers, I imagining it quite usful in terms of exchanging information how to handle age related afflictions and sex. You could cover that with a thread though. No need to separate from the youngsters on here, it's the all inclusive madness that makes fab great.

over a year ago

"A giant engine in a factory failed. The factory owners had spoken to several ‘experts’ but none of them could show the owners how they could solve the problem.

If you tap and nothing happens, don't blame the hammer. "

Best advice ever given

E.

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

Casa Del Fun

"In what capacity an over 50s section? What about couples who straddle that age?"

Ooooh ‘straddle’

By *ndianas bonerMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Yes over 50 group would be great. I love over 50s lol

By *exmark12Man
over a year ago

Rathcoole/Roscommon/Mayo

Good idea

over a year ago

Just lie about your age as most do "

why lie about your age

over a year ago

Just lie about your age as most do why lie about your age "

Vanity

By *ancylaceloverTV/TS
over a year ago

Limerick

But 50 is the new 40.

So realistically be 60

If of course 60 is the new 50

But havent heard that yet

By *ilvermaleMan
over a year ago

Derry

O yes in

By *oryou47Man
over a year ago

carlow

"Well I have a lady friend... 20 odd years in the difference and ó my god we get along like a house on fire..... So don't rule out anyone with a number"

Op 20yrs which way

By *twistedtoys100Man
over a year ago

LIMERICK

Reality, love that, I think too many are tapping in the wrong place, great story!

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

And now, along with Fabswingers and Fabguys we'll have Fabheavens Door

over a year ago

"And now, along with Fabswingers and Fabguys we'll have Fabheavens Door "

“Knock Knock Knocking on Heaven’s Door