Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

90s Music

Jump to newest

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

The 80s thread reminded me of great songs from years gone by. For me the 90s fell into 3 categories I guess

1. Britpop and associated acts : I preferred the associated acts , suede and Radiohead but pulp’s something changed is fairly incredible

2 North American female singer songwriters : alanis , and sheryl Crowe and the like. My favourite mistake is great

3. Dance, Ibiza anthems and the like : love insanity by oceanic and touch me by Rui da Silva

What are your 90s highlights ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *OCONO5Couple
over a year ago

Sensual Center

Hearing 80's hits

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"The 80s thread reminded me of great songs from years gone by. For me the 90s fell into 3 categories I guess

1. Britpop and associated acts : I preferred the associated acts , suede and Radiohead but pulp’s something changed is fairly incredible

2 North American female singer songwriters : alanis , and sheryl Crowe and the like. My favourite mistake is great

3. Dance, Ibiza anthems and the like : love insanity by oceanic and touch me by Rui da Silva

What are your 90s highlights ? "

I forgot REM , and probably so many more

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The 90s is my favourite era for music. Suede, Pulp, Supergrass, The Stone Roses, Catatonia, The Verve, Divine Comedy,Blur,Manics, Elastica....i could just keep on going.

My two fave albums, which i still listen to are probably Suede Dog Man Star, The Wild Ones being a standout track for me, and Pulp Different Class, Underwear maybe being my fave on that, it's difficult to choose.

I think my favourite song of the whole 90s though is McAlmont and Butler : Yes. It never gets old for me and brings back so many amazing memories.

I also loved Alanis. I love You oughta know.."it was a slap in the face how quickly i was replaced, and are you thinking of me when you fuck her"....

Now I want to listen to some music!

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"The 90s is my favourite era for music. Suede, Pulp, Supergrass, The Stone Roses, Catatonia, The Verve, Divine Comedy,Blur,Manics, Elastica....i could just keep on going.

My two fave albums, which i still listen to are probably Suede Dog Man Star, The Wild Ones being a standout track for me, and Pulp Different Class, Underwear maybe being my fave on that, it's difficult to choose.

I think my favourite song of the whole 90s though is McAlmont and Butler : Yes. It never gets old for me and brings back so many amazing memories.

I also loved Alanis. I love You oughta know.."it was a slap in the face how quickly i was replaced, and are you thinking of me when you fuck her"....

Now I want to listen to some music! "

I wanna be adored !

And Yes is so so good.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

The britpop thing was very interesting

Never a fan of Blur and a big fan of Oasis

Lucky enough to get tickets for them in The point and Cork

Also got tickets for Pulp and The Verve in the point and enjoyed them

REM ...Automatic for the people ..still my favorite CD and listen to it a lot with Night Swimming my favorite track

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"The britpop thing was very interesting

Never a fan of Blur and a big fan of Oasis

Lucky enough to get tickets for them in The point and Cork

Also got tickets for Pulp and The Verve in the point and enjoyed them

REM ...Automatic for the people ..still my favorite CD and listen to it a lot with Night Swimming my favorite track

"

The verve are so elite. They have a b side called never wanna see you cry which is so good. Velvet morning too .

Night swimming and find the river , otherworldly really .

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I was more into pearl jam,temple of the dog, the screaming trees,Soundgarden,Alice in chains,faith no more ,gnr,the cranberries,red hot chili peppers,rem etc in the 90s. I know some of those started before the 90s also but they were some of the main ones I was listening to back then. I was never a fan of oasis or blur though. They were good times when we had no real worries and never thought anything of just piling into a car and taking off on an adventure at the weekends with music blaring and seeing where we would end up.

Amazing how songs can bring back certain memories even years later of things that happened back then.

By *hris 1000200Man
over a year ago

kells

Songs are time machines,,they instantly transport you back to your happy place,in the 90s,,one stands out ,for me ," Robert Miles " children " ,,

over a year ago

The Stone Roses - Waterfall

The Charlatans - The Only One I Know

Happy Mondays - Loose Fit

The Farm - Altogether Now

James - Sit Down

Inspiral Carpets - This is How it Feels

Oceanic - Insanity

Chad Jackson - Hear the Drummer Get Wicked

Bassheads - Is there Anybody Out There

Blue Pearl - Naked in the Rain

Underworld - Born Slippy

Prodigy - Poison

I could be here all day...the 90s was by far my favourite decade for music, from the baggy bands through to probably some of the best dance tracks ever

K

By *aiseanagusspraoiMan
over a year ago

city

For me the early 90s was when I discovered the music that I will love till the day I did

House music,

We DJs and clubs around the UK and Ireland that we'll never see the likes of again.

Frankie Knuckles was one of the greats

Lots of top Irish lads to but my fav place to be was Sir Henry's in Cork

Those were the days lol

over a year ago

90s music is like a dying soul

By *ilderMan
over a year ago

dublin

"The 90s is my favourite era for music. Suede, Pulp, Supergrass, The Stone Roses, Catatonia, The Verve, Divine Comedy,Blur,Manics, Elastica....i could just keep on going.

Now I want to listen to some music! "

Red, suede performed dog man star in it's entirety in the olympia and 8 or so years ago. Epic gig.

I can't believe nobody has yet mentioned Nirvana

over a year ago

Red, suede performed dog man star in it's entirety in the olympia and 8 or so years ago. Epic gig.

I can't believe nobody has yet mentioned Nirvana "

I was at it!

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

"Songs are time machines,,they instantly transport you back to your happy place,in the 90s,,one stands out ,for me ," Robert Miles " children " ,, "

I adore that song but it has to be the dream mix. The radio edit just doesn't have the same feel.

over a year ago

Ace of Base

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

I know I listed Guns n Roses in 80's but they released two of my favourite albums of all time in the 90's

Nirvana

Pearl jam

Soundgarden

Hole

Hard not to like oasis, they were basically the soundtrack of the mid to late 90's

Various trance tracks

There's loads more

over a year ago

Supergrass in the Olympia was last gig I went to Valentine's night just before the whole world went tits up. The crowd jostling and cheering and dancing over all those classics. Little did I know it would be a long time before I saw the likes of that again

over a year ago

90s music was amazing in fairness. I was an R&B girl

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

Doggystyle

The chronic

The Slim Shady LP

The Marshall Mathers LP

over a year ago

In my early teens was east 17

then as you mature so does your taste in music. Grew into blur and oasis and the likes. To this day oasis are my fav band of all time. They just had that something about them. And also great tunes that stand the test of time amd still sound fresh and amazing to this day.

By *ublinGirl92Woman
over a year ago

Hell

I can't believe nobody has yet mentioned Nirvana "

I did in the 80's thread!

By *ublinGirl92Woman
over a year ago

Hell

Spice girls.

over a year ago

My favourite album ever is from the 90s. Jeff Buckley- Grace.

Spotify does a great series of playlists for the 80s and 90s called Alternative 80s and 90s. All the tunes in them.

E

By *iss3BWoman
over a year ago

north down

Ahhh the 90s was all the old school dance and club classics. My son now even dances to them when I've them playing round house

By *MAsMan
over a year ago

NaughtyVille

Old Skool 90s

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

"Ahhh the 90s was all the old school dance and club classics. My son now even dances to them when I've them playing round house "

I'll always remember the summer ATB - 9PM and darude - sandstorm dropped fondly.

By *iss3BWoman
over a year ago

north down

"Ahhh the 90s was all the old school dance and club classics. My son now even dances to them when I've them playing round house

I'll always remember the summer ATB - 9PM and darude - sandstorm dropped fondly. "

Now I've had to put them on

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

"Ahhh the 90s was all the old school dance and club classics. My son now even dances to them when I've them playing round house

I'll always remember the summer ATB - 9PM and darude - sandstorm dropped fondly.

Now I've had to put them on "

Good call, might I suggest Toca's miracle and Ayla too

over a year ago

I'm here listening to 90s tunes on Spotify and Beautiful South Perfect 10 came on. Maybe I was awful innocent baby in the 90s but it's only since joining Fab that I understood these lyrics "When he's at my gate, with a big fat eight

You wanna see the smile on my face"

By *ajobMan
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

The best era for alt rock yes

Great times and amazing bands from then

over a year ago

Two Princes- Spin doctors

Savage Garden- truly madly deeeply

And all the other 90’s one hit wonders that I can’t for the life of me remember the names of. Was mostly all pop-rock

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

"Two Princes- Spin doctors

And all the other 90’s one hit wonders that I can’t for the life of me remember the names of. Was mostly all pop-rock "

I bloody love Two princes

Tubthumpin is still an anthem

By *ilderMan
over a year ago

dublin

And all the other 90’s one hit wonders that I can’t for the life of me remember the names of. Was mostly all pop-rock "

And a special mention for 'Stiltskin - Inside'

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

Brimful of asha

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

And all the other 90’s one hit wonders that I can’t for the life of me remember the names of. Was mostly all pop-rock

And a special mention for 'Stiltskin - Inside' "

Yes , and it also reminds me of swallowed by Bush

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

Now I've had to put them on "

I used to drag friends go to the dance floor when those two came on

over a year ago

Late 90s early 00s trance was the best

By *asual777 OP   Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"My favourite album ever is from the 90s. Jeff Buckley- Grace.

Spotify does a great series of playlists for the 80s and 90s called Alternative 80s and 90s. All the tunes in them.

E"

Controversially I think his version is the best

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Good call, might I suggest Toca's miracle and Ayla too "

Tocas Miricle was a commercial remixed mashup of Toca Me by Fragma, and I Need a Miricle by Coco. The original Toca Me was much better IMO!

I would add in..

Out of the blue - System F

Diving Faces - Liquid Child

3 Drives - Greece 2000

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Tubthumpin is still an anthem "

Loved Chumbawumba! The Anarchy album was awesome.

By *eijaWoman
over a year ago

City Centre

The best thing about the 90's was old skool hip hop and R&B

Also loved all the incredible DJ's I went to see...Laurent Garnier, Carl Cox, Jonny Moy, Francois, Sasha & Dig and David Holmes

I miss dancing

B x

over a year ago

Born in 1975…. The 90’s were the sound track to those years of mis spent youth as a teen and party nights through university….

Everything here from the OP to the last post here is great…. But I was also a big fan of hip hop across that decade. Have had threads on that in the past.

However…. Not to hijack the topic, the rock n roll of the late 50’s to 70’s (before that sappy pop decade of yacht rock 80’s) with its r’n’b (not the bump n grind version) which influenced almost everything from Elvis to Led Zeppelin…. And beyond… that’s some good shit right there….

Thanks for the read and helping with some great options for Friday night kitchen playlist….

T

By *eijaWoman
over a year ago

City Centre

[Removed by poster at 10/09/21 18:09:33]

over a year ago

Death in Vegas

Asian Dub Foundation

Seattle Grunge

Stone Roses to Oasis

SL2 On a Ragga Tip

Born Slippy

And lots of great Irish acts in the 90s, the stunning, 4 of us, something happens.

Great time to listen to music, still do, everything from Pantera to Mazzy Star

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

Good call, might I suggest Toca's miracle and Ayla too

Tocas Miricle was a commercial remixed mashup of Toca Me by Fragma, and I Need a Miricle by Coco. The original Toca Me was much better IMO!

I would add in..

Out of the blue - System F

Diving Faces - Liquid Child

3 Drives - Greece 2000"

Toca me was ace too but I loved Toca's miracle.

I'll add cafe del mar into the mix

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

Loved Chumbawumba! The Anarchy album was awesome."

They were more than the one hut wonder folk thought.

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

Le Bouche - be my lover

Alice deejay had a few bangers

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

They were more than the one hut wonder folk thought. "

They were and they changed genres. Great musicians.

Love el fusildo, and enough is enough

One time they were booked to perform a Christian rock festival and turned up all dressed as nuns trolling the crowd. Also throwing condoms out to the crowd in Ireland back when that wasnt the done thing. They were also very pro gay right before that was generally done. Legends.

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

They were more than the one hut wonder folk thought.

They were and they changed genres. Great musicians.

Love el fusildo, and enough is enough

One time they were booked to perform a Christian rock festival and turned up all dressed as nuns trolling the crowd. Also throwing condoms out to the crowd in Ireland back when that wasnt the done thing. They were also very pro gay right before that was generally done. Legends."

Bloody legends indeed.

I just had to give them a quick google. Never realised their longevity.

By *risharrowMan
over a year ago

Clare

A band I've not heard mentioned is counting crows.

By *riangleCouple
over a year ago

galway/dublin

"Death in Vegas

Asian Dub Foundation

Seattle Grunge

Stone Roses to Oasis

SL2 On a Ragga Tip

Born Slippy

And lots of great Irish acts in the 90s, the stunning, 4 of us, something happens.

Great time to listen to music, still do, everything from Pantera to Mazzy Star

"

Sl2 what a tune

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Screaming Trees and Soundgarden were my 90's favourites.

Oh and Faithless

Post new Message to Thread