Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

It's mayos to loose now

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's mayos to loose now, I think they would beat a pick of both teams today. Poor match to say the least

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"It's mayos to loose now, I think they would beat a pick of both teams today. Poor match to say the least "

If mayo win I'll eat my hat.. They have a history of bottling it in finals so put your money on Tyrone

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ref was shocking today

By *iscreet_divorced_guyMan
over a year ago

central

[Removed by poster at 29/08/21 00:05:46]

over a year ago

central

"It's mayos to loose now, I think they would beat a pick of both teams today. Poor match to say the least

If mayo win I'll eat my hat.. They have a history of bottling it in finals so put your money on Tyrone"

Mayo have lost a lot of finals in the past 25 years, but this is the only one out of all where they will be going into the match as favourites!

They were unfortunate to have come up against the best team in footballing history, and they kept with them more than any other team could, instead of bottling it, the weren’t given a hope in any of those games and outperformed any expectations of them!!

But you stick to that story, it sounds good and it might even give you an air of superiority!!

Prick!!

over a year ago

"It's mayos to loose now, I think they would beat a pick of both teams today. Poor match to say the least

If mayo win I'll eat my hat.. They have a history of bottling it in finals so put your money on Tyrone

Mayo have lost a lot of finals in the past 25 years, but this is the only one out of all where they will be going into the match as favourites!

They were unfortunate to have come up against the best team in footballing history, and they kept with them more than any other team could, instead of bottling it, the weren’t given a hope in any of those games and outperformed any expectations of them!!

But you stick to that story, it sounds good and it might even give you an air of superiority!!

Prick!!"

I’m from Galway but come on Mayo!!

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

I dont watch much of the GAA ...usually just the semi's and finals

I actually thought Kerry would win this year from seeing them a couple of weeks ago but Mayo Hammered Dublin a few weeks ago so I'd like to see them win especially for their fans to get the curse off their back

over a year ago

I'd love to see mayo win it but tyrone are a hard team to play against and beat as kerry found out today it is a 50/50 game for me and tyrones subs made a big difference hard one to call but i will be cheering for mayo hopefully this will be there year

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Prick!!"

Whatever gloss you want to put on it they bottled it so many times.. Don't know how you can't say they didn't.. They could have beaten Dublin if they wanted all those years they were happy to lose.. As someone said before celebrity losers and at least we got to the final bla bla bla

By *angero3aMan
over a year ago

swords

as a dub would love to see mayo win do not like the way tyrone play the game.

over a year ago

Would like to see Mayo win for the celebrations alone

over a year ago

I’m from Tyrone and I think Tyrone will be massively up against it. Tyrone are cattle hardened due to having to come through ulster. Tyrone, Donegal and Monaghan are all in 1 level. It will be a great game and if we lose to Mayo it’s the least of all evils.

I still think Tyrone will win

over a year ago

central

Prick!!

Whatever gloss you want to put on it they bottled it so many times.. Don't know how you can't say they didn't.. They could have beaten Dublin if they wanted all those years they were happy to lose.. As someone said before celebrity losers and at least we got to the final bla bla bla"

Well you have said on another thread that you just don’t like Mayo, so maybe you just take satisfaction in not seeing us win finals!

Considering they only lost two games that they were expected to win over the past 10 years, and won perhaps four that they were expected to lose, out of maybe 60 games, as well as being the only side to put it up to Dublin in the last seven years doesn’t make them bottlers, considering that and the resources available to Mayo GAA in terms of money, population, facilities and the fact that a lot of players have to travel long distances to even get to training, they have overachieved!!

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Prick!!

Whatever gloss you want to put on it they bottled it so many times.. Don't know how you can't say they didn't.. They could have beaten Dublin if they wanted all those years they were happy to lose.. As someone said before celebrity losers and at least we got to the final bla bla bla

Well you have said on another thread that you just don’t like Mayo, so maybe you just take satisfaction in not seeing us win finals!

Considering they only lost two games that they were expected to win over the past 10 years, and won perhaps four that they were expected to lose, out of maybe 60 games, as well as being the only side to put it up to Dublin in the last seven years doesn’t make them bottlers, considering that and the resources available to Mayo GAA in terms of money, population, facilities and the fact that a lot of players have to travel long distances to even get to training, they have overachieved!!

"

Yes I don't like losers hence why I don't like mayo.. Must be very difficult to be a Mayo fan to have your hopes raised and destroyed every year.. I'm not disputing the fact they are a quality team but to lose every year the way they do is comical at this stage.. If they lose to Tyrone in a few weeks they may just give up.

over a year ago

Prick!!

Yes I don't like losers hence why I don't like mayo.. Must be very difficult to be a Mayo fan to have your hopes raised and destroyed every year.. I'm not disputing the fact they are a quality team but to lose every year the way they do is comical at this stage.. If they lose to Tyrone in a few weeks they may just give up. "

You think the same of Ireland in the rwc?

over a year ago

Prick!!

Yes I don't like losers hence why I don't like mayo.. Must be very difficult to be a Mayo fan to have your hopes raised and destroyed every year.. I'm not disputing the fact they are a quality team but to lose every year the way they do is comical at this stage.. If they lose to Tyrone in a few weeks they may just give up. "

By that method of thinking you don't like any place but Dublin.

With louth as your location it must be hard for you.

Better to have hopes dashed than never to have any hope

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Prick!!

Yes I don't like losers hence why I don't like mayo.. Must be very difficult to be a Mayo fan to have your hopes raised and destroyed every year.. I'm not disputing the fact they are a quality team but to lose every year the way they do is comical at this stage.. If they lose to Tyrone in a few weeks they may just give up.

Better to have hopes dashed than never to have any hope "

I don't like mayo because they go on a great run get to the final and inevitablly lose.. No point getting to a final if you're gonna lose every time is there.. Glutton s for punishment and yes louth are desperate.. I'd rather they were like that than get to a final every year and lose...

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

Mayo will bottle AGAIN .

Big oshea will go missing AGAIN . As per usual in important games . Lol

The wait will go on

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"Mayo will bottle AGAIN .

Big oshea will go missing AGAIN . As per usual in important games . Lol

The wait will go on"

He was woeful in the last game.. Just a hype job if you ask me..

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

Prick!!

I don't like mayo because they go on a great run get to the final and inevitablly lose.. No point getting to a final if you're gonna lose every time is there.. Glutton s for punishment and yes louth are desperate.. I'd rather they were like that than get to a final every year and lose... "

is it not better to have loved and lost.. Than never to have loved at all x

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

When does he play well for mayo .

When its against Leitrim .sligo or new york...

over a year ago

central

[Removed by poster at 29/08/21 15:02:06]

over a year ago

central

Prick!!

I don't like mayo because they go on a great run get to the final and inevitablly lose.. No point getting to a final if you're gonna lose every time is there.. Glutton s for punishment and yes louth are desperate.. I'd rather they were like that than get to a final every year and lose... "

Actually it’s the total opposite, there are great highs and to being a Mayo supporter, a couple of days out to the big smoke to support our team, bumping into the present and former players on the streets and in the cafes of our towns and villages, most years exceeding the expectations of the bookies and pundits alike! I have left McHale Park, the Hyde, McDiarmada Park, Tuam Stadium, Pearse stadium, Ruislip, Gaelic park and Croke park on too many to count occasions with my head high!

Apart from losing to Kildare in the the ‘Newbridge or nowhere’ game, we won every game we were expected to win,, we won many games we weren’t expected to win, albeit some pulled out of fire near the end, and again the best team ever assembled in the Gaelic football history, we managed to either win, draw or be within a point on 7 of the ten matches between us over the past ten years, and in each of those matches we weren’t given a chance!

It’s a great feeling to be still playing championship football well into August most years!

That’s why it’s great to be a Mayo supporter!

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Prick!!

I don't like mayo because they go on a great run get to the final and inevitablly lose.. No point getting to a final if you're gonna lose every time is there.. Glutton s for punishment and yes louth are desperate.. I'd rather they were like that than get to a final every year and lose...

Actually it’s the total opposite, there are great highs and to being a Mayo supporter, a couple of days out to the big smoke to support our team, bumping into the present and former players on the streets and in the cafes of our towns and villages, most years exceeding the expectations of the bookies and pundits alike! I have left McHale Park, the Hyde, McDiarmada Park, Tuam Stadium, Pearse stadium, Ruislip, Gaelic park and Croke park on too many to count occasions with my head high!

Apart from losing to Kildare in the the ‘Newbridge or nowhere’ game, we won every game we were expected to win,, we won many games we weren’t expected to win, albeit some pulled out of fire near the end, and again the best team ever assembled in the Gaelic football history, we managed to either win, draw or be within a point on 7 of the ten matches between us over the past ten years, and in each of those matches we weren’t given a chance!

It’s a great feeling to be still playing championship football well into August most years!

That’s why it’s great to be a Mayo supporter!"

So it's not about winning its just about competing is that it.. Nobody will remember the great mayo team who always finished 2nd but Dublin will go down in history as 6 in a row champions. Mayo need to win something soon or else what is the point.. I don't doubt mayo fans enjoy their days out but surely the fans would like them to win and not lose every final

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Nobody will remember the mayo team and yet you can't stop going on about them...when did you turn into Roy Keane

Everybody will remember that it was Mayo that stopped the greatest football team ever

over a year ago

Prick!!

So it's not about winning its just about competing is that it.. Nobody will remember the great mayo team who always finished 2nd but Dublin will go down in history as 6 in a row champions. Mayo need to win something soon or else what is the point.. I don't doubt mayo fans enjoy their days out but surely the fans would like them to win and not lose every final"

Yes, of course we would like to see them win an all Ireland but supporters support when times are tough as well as good.

Anyone only there on the good days is a band wagon supporter, not a true supporter. Same could be said for life

over a year ago

central

Prick!!

So it's not about winning its just about competing is that it.. Nobody will remember the great mayo team who always finished 2nd but Dublin will go down in history as 6 in a row champions. Mayo need to win something soon or else what is the point.. I don't doubt mayo fans enjoy their days out but surely the fans would like them to win and not lose every final"

You don’t know much about GAA do you??

It’s about supporting your team through the good and the bad, about supporting your friends who you went to school with, about supporting your neighbours, the village, the parish and the county you grew up in and retain a special place I know your heart for!

Winning is important, and it’s the reason players pick themselves up and dust themselves off year after year, is to win, to win provincial championships, to win Leagues, to ‘get one over’ on the neighbouring parish and county!

Why do players in Leitrim, in Louth in Carlow, footballers in Waterford, in Antrim come back year after year, it’s a thing called pride, and love of their community, parish and county!

Every side that lines out, do so to give their best on that day. For some counties, they are written off before the draw is even made!

Mayo come back every year to win, but if we aren’t competitive, we definitely won’t win the All Ireland!

But Mayo are well used to winning, we have won 7 or 8 Connacht titles, a league title in the past ten years, we have all Ireland club titles, just because we have lost one game every year in the all Ireland series in each of the past 80 years doesn’t make us losers, we have won a lot more than we have lost!

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Prick!!

So it's not about winning its just about competing is that it.. Nobody will remember the great mayo team who always finished 2nd but Dublin will go down in history as 6 in a row champions. Mayo need to win something soon or else what is the point.. I don't doubt mayo fans enjoy their days out but surely the fans would like them to win and not lose every final

You don’t know much about GAA do you??

It’s about supporting your team through the good and the bad, about supporting your friends who you went to school with, about supporting your neighbours, the village, the parish and the county you grew up in and retain a special place I know your heart for!

Winning is important, and it’s the reason players pick themselves up and dust themselves off year after year, is to win, to win provincial championships, to win Leagues, to ‘get one over’ on the neighbouring parish and county!

Why do players in Leitrim, in Louth in Carlow, footballers in Waterford, in Antrim come back year after year, it’s a thing called pride, and love of their community, parish and county!

Every side that lines out, do so to give their best on that day. For some counties, they are written off before the draw is even made!

Mayo come back every year to win, but if we aren’t competitive, we definitely won’t win the All Ireland!

But Mayo are well used to winning, we have won 7 or 8 Connacht titles, a league title in the past ten years, we have all Ireland club titles, just because we have lost one game every year in the all Ireland series in each of the past 80 years doesn’t make us losers, we have won a lot more than we have lost!

"

Sure connaught titles or winning league games aren't worth a fuk.. Its all Ireland you want.. That's the pinnacle.. Something that mayo just can't get their head around.. Get to the all Ireland final every year then lose.. Bottlers and in 2 weeks time it'll be the same old story.. Well we tried our best at least we got to the final the fans loved it rubbish

over a year ago

central

Sure just keep trolling and repeating yourself,

Good man!

By *om38500Man
over a year ago

mayo

O shea went missing got taken off an we beat ye fk Dublin scumbags

over a year ago

central

[Removed by poster at 29/08/21 21:51:26]

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"O shea went missing got taken off an we beat ye fk Dublin scumbags "

Ah here leave it out

over a year ago

central

"O shea went missing got taken off an we beat ye fk Dublin scumbags "

I have to say that that is possibly the most scumbaggy comment I have read on here in a very long time!

What’s that old adage about throwing stones in glasshouses!

over a year ago

"O shea went missing got taken off an we beat ye fk Dublin scumbags

I have to say that that is possibly the most scumbaggy comment I have read on here in a very long time!

What’s that old adage about throwing stones in glasshouses! "

Concur

over a year ago

"O shea went missing got taken off an we beat ye fk Dublin scumbags

Ah here leave it out "

By *amson4DelilahCouple
over a year ago

ballina

Prick!!

I really hope you don't have kids, or any influence over them. It's not how many times you fall that counts, it's how many times you get back up. A looser is is one who gives up.

By *ot so Scary spiceWoman
over a year ago

southside

Prick!!

I really hope you don't have kids, or any influence over them. It's not how many times you fall that counts, it's how many times you get back up. A looser is is one who gives up. "

Thank you for saying what I was thinking?!

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Prick!!

I really hope you don't have kids, or any influence over them. It's not how many times you fall that counts, it's how many times you get back up. A looser is is one who gives up. "

You mayo folk are really becoming personal here over a game of football because that's all it is.. Whether I have children or not is completely irrelevant.. Perhaps I should have worded it better mayo are not losers just

2nd best when it comes to all Ireland final day.. Some would call that a loser maybe that's whats offensive anyway in a few weeks it'll be the same old same old 2nd best (loser) on all Ireland final day... How many runner up medals does that team have at this stage?

Post new Message to Thread